DJ Ashba "Working on the new Guns record"

The Glow Inc.

I know that I could have posted it in the other thread...but every piece of information like that deserves its own thread I think. :)

Also : I should be an official reporter. JUST SAYIN' :rofl-lol:

My guess is that since Fortus is busy with Lizzy and since Bumble is with Salem, DJ is either adding parts to CD II or coming up with demos for Axl.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

I wish we could hear something from someone other than DJ. No offense to the man, but nobody else has mentioned a new record yet. I guess I would just be more inclined to believe it if other band members backed up DJ's comments.

Hmmm...

I wish we could hear something from someone other than DJ. No offense to the man, but nobody else has mentioned a new record yet. I guess I would just be more inclined to believe it if other band members backed up DJ's comments.

If this is true could this also be bad news i.e. Bumble being sidelined in the writing process?

However I would guess that it means something similar to how CD was recorded; namely DJ et al.

are probably constantly writing riffs etc. in the hopes of one day giving them to Axl.

Seventeen years later...

Yeah...me too.

I think HE is working on something and that Axl asked him ( I doubt that DJ is naive enough to call what he records at home "next guns record" if Axl personally didn't ask him to work on it ) but I really doubt anybody else is involved yet.

:shrugs:

I think it's extremely cool that Axl seems to be willing to work on new music though. :thumbsup: ( though I will never ever speculate on the "when we're going to hear it" part.. )

Guest siliconmessiah

DJ fans like Glow Inc. should have credit for at least trying to keep the spirit up, creating multiple threads on a subject wich we GNR-fans has been feeded with since 1999.

We all know the drill.

Paul Tobias and Dizzy also "worked" on GNR-songs, and we all know what came out of this.

And by the way, DJ is the worst thing to happen to GNR EVER. A 40 year old emo who´s trying to be Slash.

I just don´t like him and the way he´s trying too hard to be cool.

He´s a poser. Not the real deal! Bring back Bucket, Finck or Slash - anything but DJ.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I'm not THAT big of a DJ fan to be honnest.

I think he is doing a great job on the Slash material and that he is very entertaining live but I...don't like the new Sixx AM album at all. I think his lead parts in both Beautiful Creatures and Sixx AM are good but most of the time generic and/or similar sounding.

He knows how to write a good, catchy chorus but not a unique one... I hope he doesn't get to write the entire next Guns album ( if there's ever one ) entirely by himself as far as guitar is concerned.

I find Fortus to be a WAY more interesting guitarist. :shrugs:

I find Fortus to be a WAY more interesting guitarist. :shrugs:

Finally something we can agree on.

That being said, apparently he didn't write the new Sixx Am album at all, he only wrote his parts for guitar, and to be honest it's the best part of the album by far, so I think we might have good surprises with Axl.

I'm not surprised that DJ only is writing the new album, if you followed the band after shows a bit last year, Axl and DJ were always the last people to come out of the venues, they spend time together after shows, for a weird reason it's not the case with the other members, it appears that Axl deeply cares for DJ, so something very interesting could come out of it.

I don't like DJ style either but he appears to be a nice guy and he may inspire Axl and he got skills, so let's wait and see how it goes :)

Guest siliconmessiah

There is no doubt that this lineup is for real and we will hear new music sooner than later.

I have no idea who you are Volcano. But to say what you are preaching is just plainly stupid, stop acting like everything is well and good, because there has been some better years in GNR than the silence and splitted group there is now.

What line-up hasn´t "been for real" in gnr world? There was a lineup in 2001-2004 and another good one in 2006-2008; and these are actually the only "nugnr" groups to have come up with something, even if it took 14 years.

I do not know where you get the "this line up is for real"? Bumble or DJ could be kicked out and replaced by a phonecall tomorrow for saying things in media (Bumblefoot´s has already had an interview censored by Axl´s orders at HTGTH), and you would have no idea.

Guest siliconmessiah

There is no doubt that this lineup is for real and we will hear new music sooner than later.

I have no idea who you are Volcano. But to say what you are preaching is just plainly stupid, stop acting like everything is well and good, because there has been some better years in GNR than the silence and splitted group there is now.

What line-up hasn´t "been for real" in gnr world? There was a lineup in 2001-2004 and another good one in 2006-2008; and these are actually the only "nugnr" groups to have come up with something, even if it took 14 years.

I do not know where you get the "this line up is for real"? Bumble or DJ could be kicked out and replaced by a phonecall tomorrow for saying things in media (Bumblefoot´s has already had an interview censored by Axl´s orders at HTGTH), and you would have no idea.

Why so negative? If this was 2003-2005 i would agree with you. They have just ended a tour and are now chillin'. Stop preaching your own agenda....the band is fine unless we hear anything from the GNR camp. DJ and Bumble aren't going anywhere. I think deep down inside you want things to go wrong for GNR and Axl....:shrugs:

WHY???????????????

What are you talking about?

The similarities with 2003 are resembling, can´t you see that. The exact same story when I hanged on this forum in 2003! But then, they ended a US tour, and the EXACT same scenario played out, with silence and the band supposedly "working on Chinese Democracy".

When they came back in 2006 there had been shifts in the line-up. Bucket & Brain was gone, gone, gone. And there had been a couple of cancellations.

And did I mention - no release in sight for Chinese Democracy, that they had been working on.

I have no wishes for things to go bad for Axl, not at all. I supported this vision for many years, held on, with the hope that things would change. But I tell ya one thing, they did not, and will NEVER do.

This current line-up will record parts for a record probably coming out in 2015-2016 maybe, and I think that´s a way to keep fans in the dark. Especially when Axl DID promise videos, and personally came here to talk about song titles.

That said, the current lineup is pretty weak. Bucket and Finck spiced up GNR in a way that DJ Ca$hba and Bumblefoot just cannot keep up with. Finck, and especially Bucket is a magic guitarist.

You know that Axl cancelled the RIR 2004 because of "Bucketgate".

The same scenario will play out this fall, with the cancellation of Rock In Rio.

I have no doubt about it. It´s just the way things work in GNR, and I am basing this on 12 years experience in knowing how GNR and Axl works.

The scenario is the exact same scenario as then. You cannot deny that.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Pretty cool that he starts off saying "working on the new Guns record" without even being pushed about Guns. I sure hope it works out. New record, US tour, Rock in Rio, maybe a re-release... Would be mindblowing if done right.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I'd imagine Dj is being added to the second instalment of "Chinese Democracy" (which is effectively already completed) essentially so it's an album (to some degree) representative of Guns N' Roses ala present.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

dj_ashba_sm.jpg

Why does he insist on the top hat? I like him and his style but ur clearly copying slash after replacing him in his band. Lame.....there's countless other items he could wear.....why not go with a kfc bucket while your at it some nights

Edited by Astranged

Guest siliconmessiah

dj_ashba_sm.jpg

Why does he insist on the top hot? I like him and his style but ur clearly copying slash after replacing him in his band. Lame.....

Prepare to be flamed by the few but effective Ca$hba fans aboard! These kids need a history lesson.

Has anyone bothered to ask Dj Ash if he has had access to the unreleased Buckehead/Robin/Brian years audio.

If he has, has he been asked for any input to further those songs in the direction of completion.

Is DJ Ash's roll to come up with 100% new material for Axl to ponder over ?

Edited by star

Guest siliconmessiah

dj_ashba_sm.jpg

Why does he insist on the top hat? I like him and his style but ur clearly copying slash after replacing him in his band. Lame.....there's countless other items he could wear.....why not go with a kfc bucket while your at it some nights

INSERT VOLCANOS MEGAPICTUREPOST HERE

obvious fanboy is obvious

Edited by siliconmessiah

Sorry, but it's true. You can no more accuse DJ of copying Slash than you can accuse Slash of copying Marc Bolan and Welcome to My Nightmare-era Alice Cooper.

Slash was not the first rocker to wear a top hat :shrugs:

Ali

well this is surely good news that dj is working on some new songs for gnr, even if its adding stuff to the chinese democracy session stuff, which would explain why the other band members arent saying anything because all their parts are already done. I remember sebastian bach was talking about axl and whenever he disappears hes working on something big he said. Hopefully that is what is happening. Of course even if they add djs part to the next album, i feel like the record will still get delayed thanks to the record company, they obviously dont want to put out another record without slash

Guest siliconmessiah

He was making a point, and I think he did it well. Slash didn't invent the top hat, nor was he the first or the last to wear one. People need to get over that shit. It's fucking retarded.

But come on. The fact that a top hat once again enters the scene of GNR is kinda...eerie. And even the style of playing resembles Slash´s.

In my opinion:

Musically more interesting to have something completely different (Finck), than a copycat.

Edited by siliconmessiah

He was making a point, and I think he did it well. Slash didn't invent the top hat, nor was he the first or the last to wear one. People need to get over that shit. It's fucking retarded.

But come on. The fact that a top hat once again enters the scene of GNR is kinda...eerie. And even the style of playing resembles Slash´s.

In my opinion:

Better to have something completely different (Finck), than a copycat.

First, I don't think his playing style resembles Slash's. His sound isn't as bluesy and there is a big difference in tone that I can notice. Slash is one of the few guitar players that to me has a really distinctive tone.

2nd, again, the copycat thing is at least in part based on the faulty premise that because DJ wears a top hat, he looks like Slash. That premise is faulty because the wearing of the top hat is absolutely not unique to Slash.

Ali

Guest siliconmessiah

I simply don´t like him, his constant talk about him selling stuff or his way of playing, nor do I think that his style fits into GNR at all.

I´ll wait for Axl to replace him as soon as possible.

Guest siliconmessiah

In my opinion:

Musically more interesting to have something completely different (Finck), than a copycat.

I think you're being nit-picky, and it's boring to hear over and over and over.

And I am entitled to my opinion. Just as you are entitled to your fanboyism.

It is in no way a problem for me.

I simply don´t like him, his constant talk about him selling stuff or his way of playing, nor do I think that his style fits into GNR at all.

I´ll wait for Axl to replace him as soon as possible.

at least you came out and said you just dont like him instead of just saying because he is copying slash