DJ Ashba "Working on the new Guns record"

The Glow Inc.

Guest siliconmessiah

people who say he is a poser who tries to be like Slash cant say that he is a emo.

Come on you guys know better than to mix up your shit comments! pick ONE bullshit comment haters!!

If he does contribute to a good record, I´ll probably get to like him. But until he proves something, he is a poser in my world. That´s just how it is.

The ballad of death is ok, but I want to hear more and recorded material with gnr until I have my final say.

Edited by siliconmessiah

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

songs that Izzy sang back with the old band rocked.

14 Years and Dust N' Bones are pretty much at the bottom of the barrel in the GNR catalog.

Dust N' Bones in one of their best songs, you have horrible taste

14 Years and Dust N' Bones are pretty much at the bottom of the barrel in the GNR catalog.

Wow, never heard someone hating on those songs especially 14 years. Any reason y?

Coz they are crap. Izzy is the only thing that is decent about those songs.

If i recall Dust N' Bones was only played once after Izzy left. What does that say?

Izzy was behind a lot of the old stuff and it rocked. Hope dj ashba adds to CD2 the kind of sound he made on beautiful creatures self titled album, because its amazing especially 'I got it all', 'kick out' and so on. And preferably nothing like the new sixx am album, his playing was very average, solos were weak and tbh only an emo would listen to that piece of shit album. Bring back the raw sound of real Rock Axl!!!!

until CD came along...

Hahahaha good one, but no. However, the lyrics of Dust N' Bones and 14 years are very meaningful and important to the GNR mythology.

If we talk about Izzy, he wrote the best GNR songs.

Wow, never heard someone hating on those songs especially 14 years. Any reason y?

Coz they are crap. Izzy is the only thing that is decent about those songs.

If i recall Dust N' Bones was only played once after Izzy left. What does that say?

Oh, hang on Mr. Mod.

Based on your argument, Estranged must be the worst piece of music ever recorded, as Axl never plays that one since Slash left.

Hang your head in shame Mr. Mod.

Edited by Chris1989

Estranged was a hit. It was a single. It was played live throughout all of 1991 to 1993. With Izzy and without Izzy

14 Years and Dust N' Bones were never released as singles. They were not a setlist regular and was dropped completely when Izzy left in September 1991.

Izzy was what made those 2 songs great. The one time DnB was played after Izzy left it didn't get the same reception.

Estranged was a hit. It was a single. It was played live throughout all of 1991 to 1993. With Izzy and without Izzy

14 Years and Dust N' Bones were never released as singles. They were not a setlist regular and was dropped completely when Izzy left in September 1991.

Izzy was what made those 2 songs great. The one time DnB was played after Izzy left it didn't get the same reception.

Of course it wasn't played after Izzy left, simply cause he was the one singing them...

The same thing could be said about Coma, not a single, not a setlist regular, dropped after Slash left (slash wrote the song).

That doesn't mean Coma is shit, does it?? :rofl-lol:

True fact,although double-talking jive has remained in the setlist,as well as patience,would like to hear "yesterdays" with current band.

Of course it wasn't played after Izzy left, simply cause he was the one singing them...

Could bumblefoot pull off an Izzy type song with axl on the next record?

Volcano, I've backed you up in the past with some of the Slash stuff but this I cannot support. :no:

Those songs are pretty good and Izzy is the damn backbone of this band. Nighttrain, Brownstone, patience,you're crazy, and YCBM, Oh and Don't cry are all Izzy my good man.

Now if you had said Shotgun blues or My world ok, that I can at least understand (agree or not).

Volcano, I've backed you up in the past with some of the Slash stuff but this I cannot support. :no:

Those songs are pretty good and Izzy is the damn backbone of this band. Nighttrain, Brownstone, patience,you're crazy, and YCBM, Oh and Don't cry are all Izzy my good man.

Now if you had said Shotgun blues or My world ok, that I can at least understand (agree or not).

Izzy is not the problem with 14 Years and Dust N' Bones.

because there is no problem.

Guest siliconmessiah

14 years is one of the songs that got me into the UYI albums...

Dust & Bones has some very good lyrics, and is a great song!

Don´t understand all the fuss about this? Then there are bad songs, like The Garden and My World....

Izzy is not the problem with 14 Years and Dust N' Bones.

so you don't like the tophat's guitar work or something else? The drums are quite shitty if that's what you are getting at.

until CD came along...

Let me get this straight.

So you post almost daily on a forum of a band that hasn't put out an album that you LIKE in almost 20 years? Wow. Man, there are a lot of amazing bands out there that you should check out.

I used to listen to Whoudini and Alda Nova back in the day....but I certainly don't spend hours a week at their websites today. That is just crazy.

So you post almost daily on a forum of a band that hasn't put out an album that you LIKE in almost 20 years? Wow. Man, there are a lot of amazing bands out there that you should check out.

I used to listen to Whoudini and Alda Nova back in the day....but I certainly don't spend hours a week at their websites today. That is just crazy.

Can't blame him when that same band is still touring that first album..

I liked CD, but I like their old stuff more. In fact, I haven't listened to CD that much at all lately.

Edited by Lethalis

Guest siliconmessiah

Can't blame him when that same band is still touring that first album..

:rofl-lol:

CD is a fantastic album in all ways possible.

Edited by siliconmessiah