Ronald Jay Blumenthal's attitude recently

volcano62

Ok I love his guitar playing and stage presence with GNR but lately he has been indirectly talking shit and mocking his own band and band leader. I also have a feeling he is using GNR for his own personal gain and his own agenda. He really doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans.

How long until Axl fires his ass? Will this be done after rock in rio? before? Will we see Buckethead back in the fold?

Sorry this is getting on my nerves now.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

This interview that was censored by orders of Axl on HTGTH:

http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/flight-of-the-bumblefoot,20858

And this part, of the latest interview in Israel, is surely a poke on Axl:

"So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark. I've learned that you shouldn't give loyalty to people that don't give it in return, wasting a good trait is a bad trait. I've learned that you can have what you want in life, but it means nothing if you're not happy. Keeping a healthy soul and mind is as important as keeping a healthy body, don't neglect any of it. It's *your* life - no apologies or explanations required, nobody owns you. I've learned that a friend will be there for you when things are going badly, but a *real* friend will be there for you when things are going well. Take care of your teeth and gums. Travel. Don't over-think, don't create your own obstacles, just go with your gut. Don't try to control what's meant to happen naturally. Have faith and trust in yourself, your decisions, your abilities, in fate - be brave and let go, the world won't crumble. There is such a thing as caring *too much*, caring to a point you're unhappy and can't progress - reel yourself in and adjust your perspective before getting that way. Be imperfect - it's what separates us from machines. Our imperfections are our identities, it's the cracks in our shell that let people in, to connect with what's inside, with your soul. The laws of nature regarding time travel are that we can only go forward, not backward - enjoy the good memories of the past, but don't fight nature trying to re-live it, you can't change anything, fix anything, un-say or un-do anything, you can't go back. Don't beat a dead horse - face front, move forward, invest yourself in the future, not the past. Better off doing something a little bit every day than trying to take it all on at once, whatever it is. Life is about AND, not OR. Enjoy carbs. Support local farms. Be diverse, try different things, step out of your comfort zone and experience life. And however far you've gone, however much you've learned, there's still an endless road in front of you. We're all just guests in this world - be a gracious one..."

Edited by siliconmessiah

Also not long ago he pretty much came out and said DJ is full of crap about working on the next record. Is it because he is left out? Is it because he is jealous DJ is making more money? (according to MSL)

Stop spreading bullshit...

Guest siliconmessiah

I think you're taking anything people say about this band or Axl way too personally. What Bumblefoot said isn't wrong.

I think so too.

He is probably just joking with Axl.

Guest siliconmessiah

But then again, we all know that a follow up to CD might take 5-10 years. That is at least what I am expecting. And yes, I am being serious.

Guest siliconmessiah

But then again, we all know that a follow up to CD might take 5-10 years. That is at least what I am expecting. And yes, I am being serious.

5 years would be 2013 since CD's release right? That would be acceptable. Anything more would just be annoying and unexplainable.

Nah. I am more into 5-10 years from now. Might be something more though, maybe a double album.

It´s gonna be great, and the wait around 1-2 years before release are great fun!

But yes, a release in 2015-2020-something. That seems realistic, and I am looking forward to it!

Guest siliconmessiah

Everything Bumblefoot said was good.

+1

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

5 years would be 2013 since CD's release right? That would be acceptable. Anything more would just be annoying and unexplainable.

Nah. I am more into 5-10 years from now. Might be something more though, maybe a double album.

It´s gonna be great, and the wait around 1-2 years before release are great fun!

But yes, a release in 2015-2020-something. That seems realistic, and I am looking forward to it!

2013 sounds much better!!!!

Yes.

But so did 2006...

Have you ever met Ron? Believe me he loves his fans. And if he is using GNR for his own gain good on him, he deserves all the credit he gets. If I was in this band I would be pulling my hair out because of the lack of movement, but all credit to Ron he puts up with that and works on his own stuff which is great. He does work for charities, meet and greets and so on give the guy a break. If Ron had a real problem with this band he would not be in it, just like buckethead did. I think we all rely on Ron too much to deliver us info when really it should be axl or GNR management.

Guest siliconmessiah

I think 2011 sounds good, what with the world ending in 2012 and all.

Oh the drama...

If the world...

;)

"So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark.

If he really values these thing, then why is he in Guns n Roses?

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest siliconmessiah

"So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark.

He really values this then why is he in Guns n Roses?

Sunny glad to have you back me up in me wondering the same thing.....

Well, to discuss on the topic, this is probably what many members of GNR has felt through the years.

I am talking about Bucket, Finck and Brain...

Its funny, people always rag on Slash and call him a sellout, media whore etc, but yet here is a guy, who by his own admission, kicked his personal values and beliefs to the side for fame and fortune.

Guest siliconmessiah

Its funny, people always rag on Slash and call him a sellout, media whore etc, but yet here is a guy, who by his own admission, kicked his personal values and beliefs to the side for fame and fortune.

Now. I am far from Bumbles biggest fan. But reaching out to fans, playing cool gnr-tunes and doing interviews is not what I would call a sellout...

You're kidding right? Are you saying that what Bumble is saying is incorrect? Do you want things to continue the way they are, not knowing what is happening with your favorite band until very very short notice? Ron knows that a lot of fans are sick of it and he want to turn the image of NuGnR around.

Guest siliconmessiah

Ron knows that a lot of fans are sick of it and he want to turn the image of NuGnR around.

This.

You're kidding right? Are you saying that what Bumble is saying is incorrect? Do you want things to continue the way they are, not knowing what is happening with your favorite band until very very short notice? Ron knows that a lot of fans are sick of it and he want to turn the image of NuGnR around.

My thoughts exactly

He has good intensions for sure but lets be realistic....we all know how Axl is and BBF is playin' with fire.

So maybe Axl should....you know....change for the better?

Ok I love his guitar playing and stage presence with GNR but lately he has been indirectly talking shit and mocking his own band and band leader. I also have a feeling he is using GNR for his own personal gain and his own agenda. He really doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans.

How long until Axl fires his ass? Will this be done after rock in rio? before? Will we see Buckethead back in the fold?

Sorry this is getting on my nerves now.

Axl likes people that are up front and forward.

As long as people make comments that are seemingly protective of GN'R, there will never be an issue.

I think you're taking anything people say about this band or Axl way too personally. What Bumblefoot said isn't wrong.

I think so too.

He is probably just joking with Axl.

I think that whole last part of the interview was beautiful, and people here are turning it into something ugly.

Exactly, it was beautiful!

Bumble seems like someone who doesn't shit his pants when thinking about the consequences that might come because of what he is saying. That's a good thing. People usually complain (rightfully or not so) about gag orders - now this is a man you can't gag apparently!

EDIT: Also, what's up with the title of this thread, seems a bit strange, if you ask me.

Edited by Fun n' Games

This interview that was censored by orders of Axl on HTGTH:

http://www.radiometal.com/en/article/flight-of-the-bumblefoot,20858

And this part, of the latest interview in Israel, is surely a poke on Axl:

"So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark. I've learned that you shouldn't give loyalty to people that don't give it in return, wasting a good trait is a bad trait. I've learned that you can have what you want in life, but it means nothing if you're not happy. Keeping a healthy soul and mind is as important as keeping a healthy body, don't neglect any of it. It's *your* life - no apologies or explanations required, nobody owns you. I've learned that a friend will be there for you when things are going badly, but a *real* friend will be there for you when things are going well. Take care of your teeth and gums. Travel. Don't over-think, don't create your own obstacles, just go with your gut. Don't try to control what's meant to happen naturally. Have faith and trust in yourself, your decisions, your abilities, in fate - be brave and let go, the world won't crumble. There is such a thing as caring *too much*, caring to a point you're unhappy and can't progress - reel yourself in and adjust your perspective before getting that way. Be imperfect - it's what separates us from machines. Our imperfections are our identities, it's the cracks in our shell that let people in, to connect with what's inside, with your soul. The laws of nature regarding time travel are that we can only go forward, not backward - enjoy the good memories of the past, but don't fight nature trying to re-live it, you can't change anything, fix anything, un-say or un-do anything, you can't go back. Don't beat a dead horse - face front, move forward, invest yourself in the future, not the past. Better off doing something a little bit every day than trying to take it all on at once, whatever it is. Life is about AND, not OR. Enjoy carbs. Support local farms. Be diverse, try different things, step out of your comfort zone and experience life. And however far you've gone, however much you've learned, there's still an endless road in front of you. We're all just guests in this world - be a gracious one..."

I understand that it COULD be in reference to Axl. But, in all honesty, absent Ron's confirmation that's who he was referring to, it is an assumption. It could be in reference to not only Axl.

Ali

Ron's out of town playing GNR songs to the folks in Israel so I don't think he's going to stop by to defend himself. Probably picked the wrong weekend to try to get him to talk. Very likely picked the wrong GNR member to pick a fight with too. He's figured out the tricks.