Ronald Jay Blumenthal's attitude recently

volcano62

Guest siliconmessiah

He did an interview in France not too long ago where he went through a bunch of things GNR could do better. His points were valid but why even say them? He sounded like an annoyed fan or a pissed off ex member.

If he's got issues go to Axl if he hasn't already,

There is surely some kind of tension stirring between them.

Bumble is the first member to "challenge" Axl in this public way. But on the other hand, they could just also be down to joking with each other, as I earlier stated.

But then again. To be in Guns `N Roses could be tough, because there is a lot of work and little delivery. When DJ says for example "this album´s not gonna take as long as CD", he has no idea...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then again, we all know that a follow up to CD might take 5-10 years. That is at least what I am expecting. And yes, I am being serious.

5 years would be 2013 since CD's release right? That would be acceptable.

For songs that were recorded 10 years ago?

You shouldn't be too worried about Axl "firing" Bumblefoot. Axl is a nice guy, he only fired Matt Sorum and Steven Adler. Every single other member left by their own choice. I think Bumblefoot will leave by his own choice as well, if he ever does, if Axl had a problem with him, he'd be gone already, but let's be honest, the man has too much talent to be kicked out (see Shackler's solo) and Axl knows it.

I got good news for you guys: DJ is currently writing with Axl, and they have a LOT of songs. They are working together as we speak. It all makes sense as they often stuck together last year after shows, Ron & the other guys left the parties & aftershows long before them. They appear to have a strong & healthy connection so I'm really beginning to look forward to it, I'm glad Axl finally found a musician (DJ) that inspires him.

Bumblefoot is not a problem, sure he wants to look good / promote himself, but he is talented, as long as he throws some solos here & there, it's fine by me, the only thing that matters is that Axl is currently in a mood of writing songs, don't care if bumblefoot is the main factor or not.

Can't really blame him.

Bumblefoot comes across as someone who really wants to achieve something and is always busy. The frustration must be killing him when nothing is happening. Don't matter who's fault it is.. it doesn't even have to be Axl really.

I've been reading Marilyn Manson's bio and he got very frustrated with certain record companies.. as soon as something was just a bit shocking or graphic, it was denied and he had to be patient and persistent until they finally did what he wanted.

Axl must have the same problems.. at least when it comes to releasing an album and doing videos.

Edited by Lethalis

Guest siliconmessiah

it doesn't even have to be Axl really.

Well...I used to defend Axl on this point. But in the end it´s totally Axl, and nobody elses fault that this band has got one record released since 1996.

There can be some mishappenings on the way that could happen to anyone, but if you look clearly, there are dozens of opportunities and momentum that Axl has missed by instead staying silent and shuffling the lineup around...and more stuff.

I always thought Ashba was also hired on to co-produce, co-write some songs, and flesh out some of the songs in the vaults w/Axl. He would prob. work out a lot of the guitar work for the guitarists and bassists to put their own spin on it or play it as he did.

They might wind up coming up with mostly new material and using bits and pieces of the ChiDem sessions.

They've already toured the US for ChiDem, it just wasn't out at the time. Think about what happened when AFD made it big on the radio - they were at the tail end of the tour and decided to go in the studio at a time when they were on the radio every 5 seconds. Other than the Stones shows and Farm Aid, a lot of people were late to the party, so to speak. That's also why the UYI tour was the hottest ticket of '91.

If GNR put new music out by the end of the year, you know the shows are going to start tossing out more AFD songs.

You shouldn't be too worried about Axl "firing" Bumblefoot. Axl is a nice guy, he only fired Matt Sorum and Steven Adler. Every single other member left by their own choice. I think Bumblefoot will leave by his own choice as well, if he ever does, if Axl had a problem with him, he'd be gone already, but let's be honest, the man has too much talent to be kicked out (see Shackler's solo) and Axl knows it.

I got good news for you guys: DJ is currently writing with Axl, and they have a LOT of songs. They are working together as we speak. It all makes sense as they often stuck together last year after shows, Ron & the other guys left the parties & aftershows long before them. They appear to have a strong & healthy connection so I'm really beginning to look forward to it, I'm glad Axl finally found a musician (DJ) that inspires him.

Bumblefoot is not a problem, sure he wants to look good / promote himself, but he is talented, as long as he throws some solos here & there, it's fine by me, the only thing that matters is that Axl is currently in a mood of writing songs, don't care if bumblefoot is the main factor or not.

if it's true that ron has disagreed with axl or criticized him in public or to his face, then that is unacceptable. as much as i like having a guy named bumblefoot in guns n' roses, it is simply not his place to disrespect the man who wrote all the lyrics and melodies for chinese democracy.

I'll put this to rest as I am 1,000% PRO AXL. I can honestly say that I believe what Ron is doing is just being Ron. There's no offense to be taken from his interviews and Axl knows this. Otherwise he would not be with GNR right now.

Don't go spreading propaganda because you're bored with GNR. Try going outside and getting a life.

Guest siliconmessiah

I'll put this to rest as I am 1,000% PRO AXL. I can honestly say that I believe what Ron is doing is just being Ron. There's no offense to be taken from his interviews and Axl knows this. Otherwise he would not be with GNR right now.

Don't go spreading propaganda because you're bored with GNR. Try going outside and getting a life.

Well, given this bands track record, no one in here can be sure what line-up gets on stage, if GNR gets on stage at RIR this fall.

How about the fact in the same article he says Axl has been the most stable singer he has worked with, and then proceeds to compliment him? Stop taking things out of context to satisfy you're own negative perception which you've constructed out of selective reading either as a result of laziness or agenda.

Edited by steveysham

Guest siliconmessiah

Stop taking things out of context to satisfy you're own negative perception which you've constructed out of selective reading either as a result of laziness or agenda.

Wow dude, copy Axl's "lawyer talk" much?

There are a lot of them people here, trying to intimidate fans from free speech and even getting places like this shut down...

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR
I just think the whole Axl dictator thing is blown way out of proportion.

I hope Axl is a Stalinist in the sense that I don’t want the Trots (Dj etc.) of “new” Guns N’ Roses to impose their counter-revolutionary sound.

Guest siliconmessiah
I just think the whole Axl dictator thing is blown way out of proportion.

I hope Axl is a Stalinist in the sense that I don’t want the Trots (Dj etc.) of “new” Guns N’ Roses to impose their counter-revolutionary sound.

I fully agree with you NewGNRnOldGNR!

One of the reasons I still like GNR is because Axl has moved on from the bluesy style hard rock and created something new...modern rock.

If he wants bluesy style hard rock we all know who should be called in.

Stop taking things out of context to satisfy you're own negative perception which you've constructed out of selective reading either as a result of laziness or agenda.

Wow dude, copy Axl's "lawyer talk" much?

This is a point of contention,there is nothing remotely wrong with steveysham's reply,some of us have a more cohesive grip on what vocabulary consists of and how to implement it effectively,not all of us are seventeen,nor are making idiotic posts,but are actually making points,sorry you have an issue with intelligent commentary.

Ok I love his guitar playing and stage presence with GNR but lately he has been indirectly talking shit and mocking his own band and band leader. I also have a feeling he is using GNR for his own personal gain and his own agenda. He really doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans.

How long until Axl fires his ass? Will this be done after rock in rio? before? Will we see Buckethead back in the fold?

Sorry this is getting on my nerves now.

I don't know what you're talking about. Could you be more specific?

Most recently something from the last interview rubbed me the wrong way....

He is asked about life lessons.

His answer is: "So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark."

If it bothers him so much he should talk to Axl and the band in private.

Also not long ago he pretty much came out and said DJ is full of crap about working on the next record. Is it because he is left out? Is it because he is jealous DJ is making more money? (according to MSL)

Hey crybaby...the comment is just good ol' human interpersonal relations and courtesy. If your invited to a dinner at 7 you dont show up at 9. Conversely the same is true.. you dont invite people to show up at an appointed time and blow them off. Its not only the concert lateness..its a long festering history with this guy. History has it that he would blow off major signings, gigs and important an crucial business meetings but personal ones as well. Read the Rolling Stones article where Axls friends threw him a birthaday party and he... well he didnt bother to show up. How many examples do you need because their all there in the history ...including Axls own words on the subject.

Sheesh...i cant believe your having mental constipation over that. If you cant keep an appointment..get in touch and explain. Arrogance is arrogance and it dont matter if your a fucking rockstar or not. 99% of us in the real world have to make and keep appointments both on a personal basis as well as a professional one too.

Your right though if it gets all up in AXLs crack.. he has a right to kick those people to the curb who question his authority. That plan of action has resulted in such an "overwhelming" success story when where and how GNR is concerned. The trail of failed killed massacred and obliterated relationships.left ot fester stagnate and rot ..bandmates, managers, friends, business partnes, FANBASE is destructive and ultimately pointless and ought to be a clue to the success of this !

If your looking into lifes lessons, this .a great example of WHAT NOT TO DO with a world famous band.

Personally i think a personality like Axls needs someone to hold him accountable, on task and to the point.."Yes Men" and "ass kissers" usually result in a miserable product and a failed plan of action. Sound familiar? That also is good business..so if Ron Thal has the balls to lay it out there on the line..kudos to him. The loss of him being dismissed is Axls Loss more than anyone of us. Just another confirmation of GNR being in essence a studio creation and conglamoration of Hired Guns.

Ive lost tons of respect for the muzzles placed on a band who plays Anything Goes and for a fan base who advocates keeping your filthy little pie hole shut when it comes to discussion of any sort of GNR and especially Axl in particular. One would think you were discussing top secret CIA operations with this band.

Guest siliconmessiah

If your looking into lifes lessons, this .a great example of WHAT NOT TO DO with a world famous band.

You are pretty spot on in your analysis.

GNR 2000-2010 isn´t going into the history books. Mostly because the lack of any releases has kept these lineups from building a legacy of their own. But also because of many other reasons, like communication & stuff.

You are pretty spot on in your analysis.

GNR 2000-2010 isn´t going into the history books. Mostly because the lack of any releases has kept these lineups from building a legacy of their own. But also because of many other reasons, like communication & stuff.

Exactly right. If you don't put out music you can't be at the top of the music industry. Fairly simple but profound.

Ok I love his guitar playing and stage presence with GNR but lately he has been indirectly talking shit and mocking his own band and band leader. I also have a feeling he is using GNR for his own personal gain and his own agenda. He really doesn't give a fuck about GNR fans.

How long until Axl fires his ass? Will this be done after rock in rio? before? Will we see Buckethead back in the fold?

I don't know what you're talking about. Could you be more specific?

Most recently something from the last interview rubbed me the wrong way....

He is asked about life lessons.

His answer is: "So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark."

If it bothers him so much he should talk to Axl and the band in private.

Also not long ago he pretty much came out and said DJ is full of crap about working on the next record. Is it because he is left out? Is it because he is jealous DJ is making more money? (according to MSL)

Hey crybaby...the comment is just good ol' human interpersonal relations and courtesy. If your invited to a dinner at 7 you dont show up at 9. Conversely the same is true.. you dont invite people to show up at an appointed time and blow them off. Its not only the concert lateness..its a long festering history with this guy. History has it that he would blow off major signings, gigs and important an crucial business meetings but personal ones as well. Read the Rolling Stones article where Axls friends threw him a birthaday party and he... well he didnt bother to show up. How many examples do you need because their all there in the history ...including Axls own words on the subject.

Sheesh...i cant believe your having mental constipation over that. If you cant keep an appointment..get in touch and explain. Arrogance is arrogance and it dont matter if your a fucking rockstar or not. 99% of us in the real world have to make and keep appointments both on a personal basis as well as a professional one too.

Your right though if it gets all up in AXLs crack.. he has a right to kick those people to the curb who question his authority. That plan of action has resulted in such an "overwhelming" success story when where and how GNR is concerned. The trail of failed killed massacred and obliterated relationships.left ot fester stagnate and rot ..bandmates, managers, friends, business partnes, FANBASE is destructive and ultimately pointless and ought to be a clue to the success of this !

Personally i think a personality like Axls needs someone to hold him accountable, on task and to the point.."Yes Men" and "ass kissers" usually result in a miserable product and a failed plan of action. Sound familiar? That also is good business..so if Ron Thal has the balls to lay it out there on the line..kudos to him. The loss of him being dismissed is Axls Loss more than anyone of us. Just another confirmation of GNR being in essence a studio creation and conglamoration of Hired Guns.

Ive lost tons of respect for the muzzles placed on a band who plays Anything Goes and for a fan base who advocates keeping your filthy little pie hole shut when it comes to discussion of any sort of GNR and especially Axl in particular. One would think you were discussing top secret CIA operations with this band.

I agree with everything you said

Bumblefoot never said he was talking about Axl. It was a generalization about respecting people.

He did an interview in France not too long ago where he went through a bunch of things GNR could do better. His points were valid but why even say them? He sounded like an annoyed fan or a pissed off ex member.

If he's got issues go to Axl if he hasn't already,

This thread is about a different interview though. Obviously he didn't point out anyone in particular in this interview. He may have been talking about numerous people in his life who are late. Ya never know. :shrugs:

I understand that. Just wanted to get a few points out about some of Bumble's recent comments.

The guy loves to talk, which would be a great trait to have in any other band but GNR lol

I just think the whole Axl dictator thing is blown way out of proportion. We don't really know what it's like to be in that band. And all the band members seem to really like Axl. :chef:

I don't know if you'd call it being a dictator as much as you would call it someone who wants things their way.

He picked guys who brought a wealth of experience to the table. If they are working on unfinished songs and the current members are bringing their ideas to Axl, there's no excuse in having it out by the end of the year, or at least a song or two for people to buy.

Bumblefoot's perspective is from someone who was playing in clubs when GNR were still playing clubs, and his perspective is more on a peer level than a fan who grew up with their posters on the walls.

I think he's become pretty cautious about how much to talk about, and if the members of GNR signed a non-disclosure agreement before joining the band, he prob. can't say much. I'm sure they all signed papers when they joined the band.

I think you've def picked up on something. From what DJ has been sayimg lately tat he's been working on songs for GNR everyday. That could mean a couple of things-that Axl has asked DJ to help him out and not Ron so this has Ron a bit pissed off or maybe he's jea;lous that Dj and Ax are closer. Who knows it's all speculation but Ron did say they only release he can see happening is old CD sessions. It appears that DJ knows more than Ron but how can that be poss? I think Dj is just overly hopeful sometimes that things will happen whereas Ron knows that with Axl you can never be sure if plans will follow through.