Ronald Jay Blumenthal's attitude recently

volcano62

I think Dj is just overly hopeful sometimes that things will happen whereas Ron knows that with Axl you can never be sure if plans will follow through.

My thoughts exactly. At the very least, it shows that there are some rumblings of plans going on behind the scenes, which I guess is better than nothing. We'll see. :shrugs:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does he think its haloweens every day or what? i only wear makup when i dress up as a vampire on haloweens to scare little twighlit fangirls lol by jumping out of the bush in my front yard. to this day i never have to buy no candy lol.

Most recently something from the last interview rubbed me the wrong way....

He is asked about life lessons.

His answer is: "So many things... first, *communicate*, and be on time - it's a sign of consideration and respect, an acknowledgment that people's lives have value, don't leave people in the dark."

If it bothers him so much he should talk to Axl and the band in private.

I would hazard an educated guess that Ron thinks he's already out of the band if he's making comments like this. I've thought that for awhile.

What people don't seem to understand is that talking to Axl at all is a rare event, period, much less talking to him in private. Email has helped a bit in the later years, but the issue that Ron and others allude to is that Axl DOES NOT RESPOND. He does not communicate at all when he gets in these 'modes' (for lack of a better word). He won't address a new album, new songs, who's in the band, who isn't in the band or anything else. If it's not something that he's focussed on at the time (right now, I'd guess the Azoff court case and the playoffs, although maybe it's video games, TV and whatever), or it's something he's not in the mood to deal with, he shuts it out. And those around him (Del and the family) know better than to try and force the issue.

Ron is a sensitive guy, he'd tend to speculate negatively and may think he's on the outs when he doesn't get responses, I'm always afraid his reactions may make the perceived negativity come true. Here's hoping he gets back on the high road. Unless Ron himself has truly closed the door, his future may well depend on what Axl's mood when he gets back into band mode. although it's also likely Axl already said 'your fired' at the outset of the issues, and the opportunity hasn't presented itself to try and reverse that.

And yes, Axl fires everybody. A lot.

Edited by snooze72

does he think its haloweens every day or what? i only wear makup when i dress up as a vampire on haloweens to scare little twighlit fangirls lol by jumping out of the bush in my front yard. to this day i never have to buy no candy lol.

Post of the week maybe

Stop taking things out of context to satisfy you're own negative perception which you've constructed out of selective reading either as a result of laziness or agenda.

Wow dude, copy Axl's "lawyer talk" much?

lol, it really looks silly doesn't it?

Stop taking things out of context to satisfy you're own negative perception which you've constructed out of selective reading either as a result of laziness or agenda.

Wow dude, copy Axl's "lawyer talk" much?

lol, it really looks silly doesn't it?

Your hidden cancerous agenda shall not dictate our actions of spilling our bile over the internet.

Hahahaha, i love the "hidden agenda" expression, I think that Axl himself laughs about it :rofl-lol:

Other than that, I think make up looks gay on guys. Fits the ladies better, however, I think the make up should just be used to value the eyes, not to hide any "flaws". I like to see flaws, flaws tell us some stories about someone.

Gotta be honest.

If you're a straight dude walking down the street wearing make up, by law we should be allowed to kick your ass.

Exceptions allowed to movie stars, rock stars and the gays

I hate that redneck machismo attitude.

It's not macho, guys wearing makeup is just weird.

To be honest it's not something I really care about, would I rather not see guys wearing makeup? Yes. But I see your points too.

How do you feel about old school punk rock makeup like Mike Ness did ala 1982?

That's cool. Like I said my bias against guys and makeup doesn't really apply to artists.

I love Bowie and Prince and they wear more make up than my sister. It's just I'd rather not be out shopping and have a bunch of guys looking like DJ Ashba around me. It's cool on DJ because he's a rocker up on stage, he's original

David Bowie is a great example of a guy that looks fantastic with make-up. But David Bowie isn't human, we all know that, so that doesn't really count.

Now, that Green Day frontman looks totally gay and stupid with his make-up. Same with most of the 80's so-called "rock stars" like Poison, Kiss, etc. I don't like when Axl wears make-up either, to me, he looked badass during 92-93, with the beard and without any make-up or anything. Rock n roll is about being true to yourself and being almost naked, standing there with your own will, I think Axl totally got this during the 90's and that's why he was only wearing a boxer, he didn't need anything else, it was basically: fuck this shit, this is who I am.

Poison & other bands like that make me laugh with their make-up to be honest. It's not even "gay", it's beyond that, it's just fully retard, it's like watching a Pokémon episode, you know what I mean?

To be honest it's not something I really care about, would I rather not see guys wearing makeup? Yes. But I see your points too.

That's cool. Like I said my bias against guys and makeup doesn't really apply to artists.

I love Bowie and Prince and they wear more make up than my sister. It's just I'd rather not be out shopping and have a bunch of guys looking like DJ Ashba around me. It's cool on DJ because he's a rocker up on stage, he's original

I think it's best to just be accepting of everybody, and not knock them for expressing themselves however they want to. Diversity is good. And people shouldn't get beat up for it. I would hope no one would beat you up because of the way you wear your hair just because they don't like it. You know what I mean?

What's wrong with my hair lol

Yeah I know, in a perfect world diversity should be accepted but also a little common sense goes a long way,

Outsiders will always be outsiders and the people who tend to dress or act different will always be stared at. I'd never hit a guy for wearing make up (I was only joking in my inital post) but I just wouldn't want to hang out with him

I think it's best to just be accepting of everybody, and not knock them for expressing themselves however they want to. Diversity is good. And people shouldn't get beat up for it. I would hope no one would beat you up because of the way you wear your hair just because they don't like it. You know what I mean?

Yeah I know, in a perfect world diversity should be accepted but also a little common sense goes a long way,

Outsiders will always be outsiders and the people who tend to dress or act different will always be stared at. I'd never hit a guy for wearing make up (I was only joking in my inital post) but I just wouldn't want to hang out with him

So even if the person wearing makeup is the kindest, most intelligent and funny guy in the world, who would lay down their life for his friend, you wouldn't wanna hang out with him just because you don't like his style? Makes perfect sense.

Stop taking it so personal. It would bother me, yes.

I don't hang around with emo's because I don't like their style, same with heavy metal people, goth's. I don't hate them it's just were different type of people. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to hang with me too. People are different, get used to it.

So even if the person wearing makeup is the kindest, most intelligent and funny guy in the world, who would lay down their life for his friend, you wouldn't wanna hang out with him just because you don't like his style? Makes perfect sense.

Stop taking it so personal. It would bother me, yes.

I don't hang around with emo's because I don't like their style, same with heavy metal people, goth's. I don't hate them it's just were different type of people. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to hang with me too. People are different, get used to it.

I'm not taking it personally. Why would I? We're just having a discussion. So how do you feel about people of different races than you? Would you befriend them, even though they're a different type of people? Just wondering.

Of course I would. I have friends of many races, nothing unusal about being of a certain race.