New Album In 2011

Nick85

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really don't think there is a new album coming out this year. Rock in Rio and a tour do suggest that SOMETHING will come out though, but going by what happened in 2001/2002, it will most likely be just a tour to drum up some money or to support the re-release. I really do not see Axl not giving Chinese Democracy a proper post-launch US tour. I still think a re-release is going to happen.

Guest siliconmessiah

Can´t understand how people think. Many of you have been here long enough to see how Guns N´ Roses operate.

I say a new album in 2015 with a mix of this lineup and some kind of semi-reunion [no slash included].

Edited by siliconmessiah

Well I didn't have to wait for CD for so long mainly because I wasn't a fan till 06-07...

I voted no because I think they will maybe tour US this year and then there's the RIR thing so it's late 2012 to early 2013...

I would love to be suprised though.

CD is the moon, CD II is the sun.

Nice analogy. :)

But yes, I view CD2 to be just as important as CD because many of the songs were pre-determined for the second album when they were recorded. Also, due to the leaks & songs being played live for years before the release, there were only a handful of songs that were atcually "new" to fans on Chinese Democracy.

The fact that we've heard no music from the second album makes it that much more mysterious and its eventual release that much more of an event for the fans.

Edited by sofine11

I Think 2012. 1/2/3 new songs at rio, with like the initial plan for an xmas release, but, imo it'll be pushed back to 2012.

I wouldnt put it past axl to release it in 2012 because of the 2012 theory!

I don't think DJ was being cute when he said "A Christmas album" when asked if we can expect a GNR album this year. My guess is that the current plan within Guns is to release it late this year. But then again, that was also the plan as of May of 2006, and we know how that ended.

Let's just hope they put concrete release plans put together to make a 2011 release a reality.

i think they are shooting for the U.S. tour I think that means they want an album. Either re-release or CD II sometime around there. I could totally see a single coming out late this summer. although in GNR world its likely to be next march, but new shit is coming. Read the signs people.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

"Chinese Democracy" II will be released during endgame in 2012 and would have been the greatest record of all time (only it'll be too late to herald it as so).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Will we see the next album this year? Probably not.. haha.

My prediction: we might get a new song during the Rock in Rio performance and then maybe a new album early next year?

That's as far as I dare to hope haha.

Richard's touring with Thin Lizzy this summer, & Ron's latest message states that he's looking forward seeing the fans at RIR. Until we hear otherwise, it looks like the band's going to be on a little hiatus until October. If that's the case, then I agree with the other posters who say that RIR is going to be very idicative of whether the new album is going to be out sooner than later.

I wonder what, if any, new songs will be debuted first.

Edited by sofine11

Guest siliconmessiah

they played CD songs at RIR 2001 and now maybe the same thing will happen at RIR 2011?

Great for you Volcano.

Then you´ll have a new album in 2018 with a new lineup.

Edited by siliconmessiah