Why do so many fans dislike Shacklers Revenge?

Towelie

Shacklers has always been my favourite Nu Guns song. The drumming is relentless, the chorus is infectious, the rhythm guitar work is brilliant, and Ron's guitar tapping at the end is probably the best moment on the whole album.

I'm always baffled to see so many fans ripping on this gem.

It sounds dated, very 1999ish. I like it myself, but only when I'm in the mood for it. It's not really a song I think of when I think "GNR."

I'm not sure if this 1999ish comment is a reference to Nu-metal or industrial music, but frankly it sounds like neither. There is no Nu-metal band that has ever had a guitar player do what Buckethead does with his guitar, not even close. If this a reference to industrial music, listen closely and you'll realize what Axl said is true - there is very little keyboard work in this song. Simply put, this is a Buckethead song with Axl's vocals/melodies on top.

The guitar work by Bucket is so different that I can't say it sounds like any era at all because no mainstream band's guitarist has ever played like Bucket.

Ali

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dcent song when i'm in the mood for it..but it's one of my least favourite songs from the album. Never been to keen on that intro, and the solo never quite got on with me..just a little too...whacky or funky for my liking.

Great lyrics and chorus though, solid drumming and rhythm, still glad it was on the album rock1

I share this opinion.. ! Thank you for sparing me the writing ! :xmasssanta:

Guest FreeAsAChild

It doesn't really seem like Gn'R in many ways but I think the menacing sentiments reflective of It's So Easy / Get In The Ring are there.

When I first heard it I was in complete shock, had to listen to it about twenty times on repeat before I could genuinely get it into my head that this was Gn'R. I really like it now. If I'm in any kind of bad form I'll stick it on and it helps every time ha. Loving the tapping at the end too, genius.

can anyone who heard the leak of Shackler's tell me how its different from the album release?

From what I remember the ending was extended with a few extra drum beats. The leak was horrible quality so there might be some little differences here and there that couldn't be made out

can anyone who heard the leak of Shackler's tell me how its different from the album release?

From what I remember the ending was extended with a few extra drum beats. The leak was horrible quality so there might be some little differences here and there that couldn't be made out

Cool. Thanks man.