Why do people like If The World?

Damn_Smooth

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the one's I always skip.. Even live, I have to say it bores me.. Its just so dull.. Progression is soooo slow, and the way it is sung, just does'nt get me going.. I think it has alot more potential, but the way it is built seems... Contradictory, is the best word I can describe it with.. A simple song, overcomplicated by multiple guitars, un-organic in the sense of vocals and percussion on it.. It could have been so much more, and it really feels semi-finished or not thought through.. !

Funny about the song likings: My fav's have to be:

Catcher In the Rye

Sorry

There Was A Time

Scraped

Prostitute

Same for you guys / Vice versa for the ones that like If The World ?

Almost the same, I would probably put Shackler's in there above Prostitute though.

I enjoy its vibe, it makes me think of a desert at sunset or something... It's relaxing and the spanish guitar, particularly the harmonies are beautiful to listen to and exquisitely executed, the vocals are really clean, and I quite like the simple sentiment... it's one of my favourites on the album. I hope I have answered your question.

One of the one's I always skip.. Even live, I have to say it bores me.. Its just so dull.. Progression is soooo slow, and the way it is sung, just does'nt get me going.. I think it has alot more potential, but the way it is built seems... Contradictory, is the best word I can describe it with.. A simple song, overcomplicated by multiple guitars, un-organic in the sense of vocals and percussion on it.. It could have been so much more, and it really feels semi-finished or not thought through.. !

Catcher In the Rye

Sorry

There Was A Time

Scraped

Prostitute

Almost the same, I would probably put Shackler's in there above Prostitute though.

:chef: Street of dreams beat both ? :drevil:

Catcher In the Rye

Sorry

There Was A Time

Scraped

Prostitute

:chef: Street of dreams beat both ? :drevil:

Live it does, I'm not too sure about the recorded version though.

It's a cool change-up. Do like the use of the air-raid siren effect. Not sure about the la de da part, as it reminds me of that M. Faithful part from Metallica's Memory Remains, but do like how that part canvasses across the speakers. Also, is there one song that everyone can agree is awesome from the album. Just seems like so much variation in opinion. :shrugs:

Axl's vocals sound great on this track and its got a unique sound. I think its one of the stonger songs on CD. Better then Sorry, Catcher, This I Love and Prostitute.....

Agreed. In my opinion, the best songs on CD are:

1- TWAT

2- Better

3- If The World

4- Chinese Democracy

5- IRS/Shackler's

Some people are gonna want to crucify me for saying this but I think If The World is better than at least 4 songs on AFD. It's got so much soul, so funky, so unique.

I enjoy its vibe, it makes me think of a desert at sunset or something... It's relaxing and the spanish guitar, particularly the harmonies are beautiful to listen to and exquisitely executed, the vocals are really clean, and I quite like the simple sentiment... it's one of my favourites on the album. I hope I have answered your question.

Thanks for this post and the thread, I'm beginning to like it more than the other tracks now. I've got a new surrounds speakers added to my JBL 3-Way Tri-Amplified ScreenArray Loudspeaker and this song has a PANNING from Left to Right like a 3D magic effect.

It's now my favorite that I could fly hearing it with 3 beers. :thumbsup:

It's a cool change-up. Do like the use of the air-raid siren effect. Not sure about the la de da part, as it reminds me of that M. Faithful part from Metallica's Memory Remains, but do like how that part canvasses across the speakers. Also, is there one song that everyone can agree is awesome from the album. Just seems like so much variation in opinion. :shrugs:

I think the one song we all agree on is T.W.A.T.. I haven't heard anyone complain about that song.

I think the one song we all agree on is T.W.A.T.. I haven't heard anyone complain about that song.

I love it how people have different favourite ones rock2 tells a lot about the record...something for everyone!

I love it how people have different favourite ones rock2 tells a lot about the record...something for everyone!

I agree with this. And it's amazing that with how different each song is from each other, I only really dislike one song.

Big If The World stan here. Everytime I listen I'm creating my own music video to it, end of the word type video with tsunamis coming to shore and people running for their lives.

I love Axl's vocals, guitars are sick, drum loop is infectious, also the lyrics are pretty impressive.

I can see why some don't like it but it's an interesting new style I hope Axl brings to CD2, Same with Shackler's

To me after the first 4 songs which are all about complexity this just comes and sounds assured, it's simple and clear and Axl is the black Bond riding a speed boat off Miami shore. Also it has these dramatic power chords and Bucket's solo is arguably the best on CD. This an Shacklers were the new shit, along with Scraped, Sorry and Prostitute.

Big If The World stan here. Everytime I listen I'm creating my own music video to it, end of the word type video with tsunamis coming to shore and people running for their lives.

I love Axl's vocals, guitars are sick, drum loop is infectious, also the lyrics are pretty impressive.

I can see why some don't like it but it's an interesting new style I hope Axl brings to CD2, Same with Shackler's

I wish I got that mental image, it's a hell of a lot better than a fat guy and a cow.

Guest gunns5

I love if the world, its a 'take it as it is' song, nothing serious or complicated about it, its just a fun cruisy song.

My personal feeling is ITW is an awesome song. One of the stronger songs on CD. BUT, this version is completely amazing. I'm addicted to it:

That's actually better than the original.

It almost sounds like a decent song that way. Almost.

I love if the world, its a 'take it as it is' song, nothing serious or complicated about it, its just a fun cruisy song.

I think that is part of the reason people don't like it. They waited 15 years and got a fun cruisy song? I can see why some would dislike that. I like it. I like the Slither mash up better, though.

My personal feeling is ITW is an awesome song. One of the stronger songs on CD. BUT, this version is completely amazing. I'm addicted to it:

I'm not pro-re unionist, because I think that that dead horse has had the shit stomped out of it. But that makes it a good song.

Better than good.

Hell, better than Better.