Street of Dreams...

Dean

was better when it was called 'The Blues' and when Buckethead was in the band. Beautiful song, but I feel there was too many chops and changes to it over the years. The Rio performence was great, but I feel this is the best performence of the song by some distance.

The album as a whole would have been better, and better received had it been put out in 02/03 while everyone was still on the return high and Bucket was still in the band. Not to mention, these songs were so much more badass in their 'purer' forms, especially The Blues, Chinese Democracy, & TWAT (The first leak with Bucket's solo).

But then again, striking while the iron's hot has never exactly been Axl's priority.

I have to agree with the OP, the Boston 2002 version of The Blues will always be my favorite - This is one of those cases where two much tinkering really took away from the charm of the song.

The breezy synths and the guitar surge in the intro were amazing, but alas.

I think 01/02 versions were good for 01/02 but by the time 08 rolled around I think they would have sounded too grungey and loose for the times. As it is CD has a more contemporary metallic edge that I like.

Guest siliconmessiah

I aggree that Boston is the best version of that song to date. Just pure magic

I remember how we got very good sound board recordings back at the US 2002 tour.

It was great times to be a gunner and a big part of my youth, being like 17-18 years old back then.