new DJ interview ... 3 albums of material?

bumblerose

Has anything that DJ has said come true yet???

I admire his optimism, but I won't believe a word until Axl confirms it himself.

I know that Axl has said that there is more music, but if nothing new is played at Rio, I'm giving up on hearing anything new for a long time.

GN'R guitarist DJ Ashba says a new Guns N' Roses record is on the way and the songs Axl Rose has written are genius.

This is what he had to say to music reporter Nui Te Koha on Triple M Melbourne's Hot Breakfast.

"Axl has a lot of great songs up his sleeve. He probably has three albums worth of stuff recorded.

"The stuff I've heard… I've been up in his hotel room many nights and he just sits down at the piano and plays. I'm like 'this is amazing, people have to hear this song' and he's like "ah, this is something I'm tinkering on'."

He described Axl as a musical genius with a rare gift for songwriting.

"He's just a genius when it comes down to music and I just cannot wait to sit down with an acoustic guitar and just write. He's just got this gift that's very, very rare."

It will be very interesting to hear what the band come up with to follow up the hugeness of Chinese Democracy. And, of course, a new album will make all us Gunners fans very happy indeed.

DJ Ashba also plays in Sixx: A.M. with Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx who have just released a new album called This Is Gonna Hurt. He is also the boyfriend of Melbourne model Nicky Whelan.

"Axl has a lot of great songs up his sleeve. He probably has three albums worth of stuff recorded.

"The stuff I've heard… I've been up in his hotel room many nights and he just sits down at the piano and plays. I'm like 'this is amazing, people have to hear this song' and he's like "ah, this is something I'm tinkering on'."

he has 3 albums worth of stuff recorded and plays it bare on the piano for ashba , meaning he hasnt heard the recorded stuff ?

im only interested in finished stuff anything he is tinkering on will prob not be heard in my lifetime .

Twelve years ago:

http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/tr-19991108-MTV.html

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?

Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.

Loder: Oh!

Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time...

Just sayin'.

Twelve years ago:

http://hem.passagen.se/snoqalf/tr-19991108-MTV.html

Loder: How much stuff have you got for this new album? You've been working on this for a long time. Is there just tons of material?

Rose: We've been working on, I don't know, 70 songs.

Loder: Oh!

Rose: The record will be about, anywhere from 16 to 18 songs, but we recorded at least two albums' worth of material that is solidly recorded. But we are working on a lot more songs than that at the same time...

Just sayin'.

That is true, but maybe DJ has Axl up and workin'.

The stuff is coming out of a bandmates' mouth, not Axl's. If Axl allow's DJ to say this stuff to the media, there's gotta be something positive going on.

Guest siliconmessiah

It´s 2003-4-5-6 all over again:

"A trilogy of albums..."

"Haven´t worked on all this to keep it buried..."

"We´re working on new songs..."

We have heard all this before, and it will most likely take to 2015 until a new album comes along.

A cool report.

I like that part of the hugeness of Chinese Democracy.

this reporter rocks!

And it is not a news in the sense of the word, since we heard it before about the 3 albums worth of material.

my guess that the 3-ed it is new, in the sense that it will be worked from the start with the current line-up,

and of course it will get out there the last.

the only way that happening faster is for GNR to release yet another double album,

and thus get out of the way the material previously with different players.

with some videos to it and a tour to promote its that would make it a good product as in sales.

I think the idea of yet another double album from GNR will produce so much fuss that especially that will generate the attention needed to get people into it - I mean at the ones that are not regular fans, because the fans will get it,

either by buying or copy it.

And for us, the regular fans will be a real treat, to listen to some 30 new songs, and that would keep us going, as it did from 1991 to 2008 B)

Edited by STARABOSTES

I can totally see this happening cause Axl is such a perfectionist, like everyone around him is all "This is awesome! rock4 " and Axl is like "Meh... :shrugs: " Then he decides it's not good enough and forgets about it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear the stuff, but I don't want Axl to release something he's not happy with.