I honestly don't believe there are any plans for a new album yet.

Towelie

If you read between the lines of all the vague bandmate interviews it's pretty clear that work hasn't begun on assembling any sort of new album yet. Dizzy confirmed this in an interview this week:

Dizzy Reed interview: I heard you were in the recording studio yesterday. What’s going on? Can we expect a follow-up to Chinese Democracy any time soon? Dizzy: "Most days off I’m in one studio or another", Dizzy shared. "But no, GNR is taking some time off right now."

And DJ Ashba seems to be contradicting himself. Two weeks ago he said he was working on new material with Guns, and yet now he says:

"He's just a genius when it comes down to music and I just cannot wait to sit down with an acoustic guitar and just write."

Edited by Towelie

If you read between the lines of all the vague bandmate interviews it's pretty clear that work hasn't begun on assembling any sort of new album yet. Dizzy confirmed this in an interview this week:

Dizzy Reed interview: I heard you were in the recording studio yesterday. What’s going on? Can we expect a follow-up to Chinese Democracy any time soon? Dizzy: "Most days off I’m in one studio or another", Dizzy shared. "But no, GNR is taking some time off right now."

And DJ Ashba seems to be contradicting himself. Two weeks ago he said he was working on new material with Guns, and yet now he says:

"He's just a genius when it comes down to music and I just cannot wait to sit down with an acoustic guitar and just write."

dude, DJ is not contradicting himself. Because what he meant in his previous interview was that HE is working on GNR songs, meaning that he is adding his part to songs that the rest of the band already done theirs. and now he is referring to songs that are not yet written, songs that the band will eventually start working on, but after the Chinese Era is released - which is pretty normal from my perspective, since no one will leave behind something that they've work on hard and for so long now.

and from Tommy's interview one can clearly see that the delay of releasing CD weren't just from the artists themselves as also from the record company who demanded a "better" record, again pretty normal when you talk GNR.

SO all I can make from this is that DJ is working on previous songs and wishes to start working on fresh new ones, not yet recorded.

because, rest ashore, the creativity is in this guys, as they are artists, and muse comes from time to time, and when they fell ready to follow it, they will get down to doing so.

is not like this is a job in the real sense. this is art, an one does not get a song own as one gets a pie out!

especially when One gets to that level in his creation when you want to produce something better than your previous undertaken.

so - have some more Patience...

and, now we all know Better

regarding the world of GNR so just go along with it, don't struggle, don't cry, don't demand, just enjoy the music which you already have from GNR, and wait for the new one to come, as it will come. yes it took GNR 15 years to deliver a new album, but now we know that they didn't spend all this time working at 14 songs. and they didn't spend all this time working every day either!

as I previously stated, this is art and not a 9 to 5 job.

Indeed, Ashba must be adding his own parts right now. It's great news, but it means that we won't see the next album before at least one and a half year, I'm not pretty sure that the album will be out in late 2012.

I guess this guy really saved GNR as we know it, he has a good spirit and is heading in the right direction. I understand more and more why Axl picked this guy, I don't know musically yet, but from a human perspective, he is the best thing that happened to GNR in the last 20 years.

Gutted..... :(

Agreed. Which would be fine, if DJ hadn't been giving the media & fans several statements to the cotrary in regard to an upcoming album. Too bad none of the a-holes in charge feel the need to offer any clarity to the fans. Business as usual. :rolleyes:

Edited by sofine11

Axl hasn't muttered a word regarding a follow up. At leastin 2006 he was saying 'you'll hear music this year'... it still took almost 3 years before CD was released. Until Axl starts saying something we ain't getting nothing and with no manager to push him I wouldn't hold my breathe

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It's probably very likely there's three albums of material and Dj's toyed with a few ideas for Axl. Whether or not a "new album" is imminent remains to be seen (seems a bit idealistic).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl hasn't muttered a word regarding a follow up. At leastin 2006 he was saying 'you'll hear music this year'... it still took almost 3 years before CD was released. Until Axl starts saying something we ain't getting nothing and with no manager to push him I wouldn't hold my breathe

Axl said "same bat time, same bat channel" regarding the follow up album when CD came out.

Some months down the road this turned into "I don't care about a new album, we'LL tour CD for a long time" or something like that.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Dizzy is a pretty prominent figure. I would be surprised if he hadn't heard plans to release a "new album". Maybe Axl confided this intention to Dj in confidence (and Ashba blurted) - or just told his friend and colleague the future of the project without considering the execs. or band as a whole.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl is worth like 200 million dollars according to celebritynetworth.com so I don't expect Axl to rush anything cause he definetly doesn't need the cash of a new album, so if their is a release it's for passion which Axl has alot of but I think Axl lacks motivation which is fine with me as long as he is motivated to tour every now and then

Guest siliconmessiah

maybe the one thing that matters to him is the music. not necessarily selling it.

That is no problem with me, he can sit in his basement in front of Pro Tools for all I care, but if that´s the case, he could just let go of the Guns N´ Roses name and legacy.

Edited by siliconmessiah

There's plans. They could just take a while, like about 10+ years.

Don't hold your breath and all that stuff :D

Live your life, check back in 10 years time :xmassrudolph:

You have a pretty good point there. But unfortunately, the Axl-Haters will still come make 9-10 negative posts a day about Axl on here.