Punk Thread

Guest Len B'stard

Guest Len B'stard

This place needs a punk thread...and this is it. I get the feeling its gonna be largely populated by me but what the hey :)

Boredom - The Buzzcocks

Next please :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVjNPNNxySc

LOVE this song, so passionate, so pointed and precise, lyrically just absolutely perfect, almost Lennonist in its directness and conciousness, sublime, brilliant, God bless the Irish. A beautiful poetic plea. I've never heard anything like it, the passion of these people who REALLY were fucking living through something, something serious, proper fuckin punk.

p.s. The Screamers fucking rule, i've met about 4 people in my whole life who've heard of them, brilliant.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

You're a fucking legend Lucrecia, The Adverts fucking rule the world!

Gary Gilmores Eyes

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I don't understand how anyone can listen to the lyrics of Commando and still think of The Ramones as a band of dumbasses. Really funny satirical lyrics.

Edited by sugaraylen

I don't understand how anyone can listen to the lyrics of Commando and still think of The Ramones as a band of dumbasses. Really funny satirical lyrics.

The Ramones lyrics are a constant source of hilarity for my mind :lol:

All I care about is me

And I'm against...

I don't like playing ping pong

I don't like the Viet Cong

I don't like Burger King

I don't like anything

Guest Len B'stard

The Ramones lyrics are a constant source of hilarity for my mind :lol:

All I care about is me

And I'm against...

I don't like playing ping pong

I don't like the Viet Cong

I don't like Burger King

I don't like anything

Warthog, "doomsday visions of commies and queers" Sorry Dee Dee, how was that again? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Ever see that thing with Dee Dee on the GG Allin documentary Hated where he's like, joined GG's band but he ain't got a clue of their name or what they do or what music they play and he's just there? :lol: Dee Dee's a legend, there's so many hilairious Dee Dee stories out there.

Edited by sugaraylen

Just picked up England's Dreaming for three quid. Haven't read that book for years.

One of the times I saw Loaded Duff brought out Brian James. I am ashamed to admit I wasn't really familiar with The Damned at the time.

Has anyone also noticed how that Vaccines song is just The KKK Took My Baby Away?

Edited by JAC185

Guest Len B'stard
Just picked up England's Dreaming for three quid. Haven't read that book for years.

I nicked that from a WHSmiths cuz it had Johnny Rotten on the front cover and i thought it was gonna be all about The Sex Pistols and like, obviously when you're in your younger teens you ain't really up for all that heavy reading. Imagine my suprise when i got the bastard home :lol: I thought it was gonna be all about The Pistols!

Read it in later years though, good book!

anyone else a Bad Religion fan in here? Pretty much anything they did in the 80s or 90s is awesome. No Control and Stranger than Fiction are the best imo.

I only know two of their songs, but I'll see them at this years Roskilde Festival so I'll definitely give those two albums a listen then.

Edited by duff_rose

I just saw a documentry on the Sex Pistols. I dig their music but why do so many people dig Sid? He couldn't play his bass and was just a drug addict who did little for anything. The band would have been better off not having anything to do with him

I just saw a documentry on the Sex Pistols. I dig their music but why do so many people dig Sid? He couldn't play his bass and was just a drug addict who did little for anything. The band would have been better off not having anything to do with him

True. He was indeed quite a character, but only because he was so fucked up.

I guess, when you talk about Sid, you have to do it from a not-music-wise perspective. The terms "live fast, die young" and "punk" in general was what he was all about, and that's probably what fascinates so many people.