Why are the fans being kept in the dark?

Guest siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

So. Judging by the topics on this page, there seems to have been another slow and silent day/week when it comes to being a fan of this band.

Years have gone by since Axl communicated with the fans, or we got an update on the bands official home page www.gunsnroses.com.

Is this band still alive? Who plays in the band? Are there any other plans for other things this year than a gig in october?

There are so many questions that the fans would like to know off, but still they´re being left in the dark.

Why has Axl problems to answer and inform the fans in a laid-back style.

In my opinion I think that Axl´s constant way of keeping fans in the dark about the future is kind of lacking in respect to those that actually support the band by buying tickets and stuff.

After all, has himself said that he took hold of the band name to keep this thing alive.

That´s fine and all, but then, keep it alive in a way that is functional, by communicating and releasing music.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.

Edited by siliconmessiah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know, it kind of makes you wonder that comings & goings of this "band" couldn't stand the light of day: ie., maybe there's a lot of crazy commotion being exchanged via e-mail or something, but none of it ever transpires because this band is, once again, without management.

And we all should know by now, that for something to happen with this band, it dearly and truly requires management. Like any other rock n roll enterprise of comparable size, but it is especially true with this hired hands & mercenaries who go do other things if GNR goes inactive.

Guest siliconmessiah

it's a bit early to get excited but it won't make any difference anyway.

It would be epic if the follow up to CD would feature Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Slash.

Who would have thought?

Edited by siliconmessiah

Maybe because other than touring, there isn't much to talk about...

"Yeah, I...uh...we...GnR has recorded a lot of music during the past decade but...uh...I can't say I'm really excited to release any of it. But we've got an AFD tour coming up and, uh, DJ Ashba is going to be there."

It would be epic if the follow up to CD would feature Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Slash.

Who would have thought?

So dear siliconmessiah, why did you have to go and mention the tophatted one here?

We all know that bridge has been burned so many years ago. And there's no rebuilding it.

a little hidden trolling there mayhaps?

besides, slash isnt what he was in 1991. No need to have him and his fucked up wife around.

Guest siliconmessiah

Who would have thought?

So dear siliconmessiah, why did you have to go and mention the tophatted one here?

We all know that bridge has been burned so many years ago. And there's no rebuilding it.

besides, slash isnt what he was in 1991. No need to have him and his fucked up wife around.

I mentioned him because it was between Slash and Axl that the magic happened, and no true Guns N´ Roses fan can deny that.

Axl has had 10 good years touring now. It´s been pretty fine and all, but the amount of music that has actually come out of these lineups has been minimal.

And when Finck, Buckethead and Brain left, things just fell apart.

After a lot of thinking, I have come to the conclusion, that in the end, there must be a reunion.

Sometimes you must forgive and rebuild things, and I think that they have a good time doing this until October.

dude you are so obtuse!

stop already with your constant incapacity of seeing clearly what's what.

you - AS A FAN - got in less than a week 4 or 5 interviews from 3 band members (DJ Ashba, Tommy, Dizzy), and 2 to 3 actions from another regarding the fans (Ron) who meet some of them, sang GNR songs, and answer questions via internet, and with a live camera.

so, if you'll not calm down, than just take a fucking pill!

Axl is not going to calm your anxiety. He is not your doctor. He's an artist. Accept that already.

IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR OWN FUCKING PROBLEM HOW YOU COPE WITH THE WAY GNR IS DOING PR.

Guest siliconmessiah

dude you are so obtuse!

stop already with your constant incapacity of seeing clearly what's what.

you - AS A FAN - got in less than a week 4 or 5 interviews from 3 band members (DJ Ashba, Tommy, Dizzy), and 2 to 3 actions from another regarding the fans (Ron) who meet some of them, sang GNR songs, and answer questions via internet, and with a live camera.

so, if you'll not calm down, than just take a fucking pill!

Axl is not going to calm your anxiety. He is not your doctor. He's an artist. Accept that already.

IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR OWN FUCKING PROBLEM HOW YOU COPE WITH THE WAY GNR IS DOING PR.

If you are happy with how Guns N´ Roses is "doing PR", fine for you, go be happy.

I am not.

And I am glad that I freely can express my dissatisfaction about it.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

Why did we become GNR fans? Because of the music

Why do we stay on this forum, year after year? We like the mystery ;)

Nah, I think I would listen to Guns N´ Roses just as much if they released music and worked like a normal band on a regular basis.

Who would have thought?

I mentioned him because it was between Slash and Axl that the magic happened, and no true Guns N´ Roses fan can deny that.

Axl has had 10 good years touring now. It´s been pretty fine and all, but the amount of music that has actually come out of these lineups has been minimal.

And when Finck, Buckethead and Brain left, things just fell apart.

After a lot of thinking, I have come to the conclusion, that in the end, there must be a reunion.

Sometimes you must forgive and rebuild things, and I think that they have a good time doing this until October.

I'm afraid that is never going to happen.

You might want to change how things are, but I'm afraid yearning for tophat+redhead to work together again is simply a lost cause. It won't happen and it wouldn't ever work. Axl has too much power so he couldn't take on having an actual personality challenging him, and there is way too much dirt, too much mess, too much hate between them.

Axl is the kind of guy who keeps his grudges. Slash is willing to let it go. But Axl won't. No matter how many fan led petitions or the like there are. To him, Slash is a cancer and that will not be changing I'm sorry.

I'm sure it's way more realistic to fantasize about a returning buckethead, maybe with freese in tow. and mayhaps even tom zutaut to organize things in the background...

Who would have thought?

You are a damn fool that does not know what the fuck you are talking about!

So. Judging by the topics on this page, there seems to have been another slow and silent day/week when it comes to being a fan of this band.

Years have gone by since Axl communicated with the fans, or we got an update on the bands official home page www.gunsnroses.com.

Is this band still alive? Who plays in the band? Are there any other plans for other things this year than a gig in october?

There are so many questions that the fans would like to know off, but still they´re being left in the dark.

In my opinion I think that Axl´s constant way of keeping fans in the dark about the future is kind of lacking in respect to those that actually support the band by buying tickets and stuff.

After all, has himself said that he took hold of the band name to keep this thing alive.

That´s fine and all, but then, keep it alive in a way that is functional, by communicating and releasing music.

They just got off the road a few months ago, and they're all doing different things for now. Ashba just worked on Sixx: AM but not doing a tour with them, because Crue's doing one. This is good for GNR fans if he's going to be working with Axl on songs and going through unfinished recordings. They don't need all of GNR to do this. It might just be some mixing and producing that has to be done, and then they'll bring the band in to record some new stuff.

They're taking a break from each other. They have their own lives to live. Axl prob. wants to kick around at home or do some sightseeing, get some ideas for songs, go through his laptop on what he's recorded. They have a lot of money in the bank right now, so they're doing what any of us would do with a few million in the bank. Having extensions built on the house, writing ideas, seeing family and friends, playing with the dog that prob. forgot what they smelled like, dealing with financial issues, getting physicals, working out, dental work, going to the beach, being lazy, strip clubs, taking lessons, etc.

It might take a few years before we hear any new music. I'm hoping they open up some vault stuff just to tide the fans over, or put a live DVD out. That's the question people should be asking Axl - does he have any plans on putting anything GNR related out this year? I'm also going to assume that the closer Rock in Rio gets, unless they made an announcement that it's the only appearance they're making this year, there will be a tour of some sort.

Did you ever consider the possibility that there is no news? Axl, Dizzy, Bumble, Dj, Tommy, Pittman, Fortus, and Frank are in the band at this moment, and there is 1 show confirmed (Rock in Rio). That's it for now. It's not rocketscience to figure that out you know.

axls never been bothered about the fans' thats why i never bought chinese democracy' he was silent for years when he does speak its lies' thats why i chose to keep my wallet silent by not lining his pockets when he released it' pity everyone else didn't do the same' one day this guys gonna run out of money the same as micheal jackson & mike tyson did' then you watch him wanna talk to everyone lol

axls never been bothered about the fans' thats why i never bought chinese democracy' he was silent for years when he does speak its lies' thats why i chose to keep my wallet silent by not lining his pockets when he released it' pity everyone else didn't do the same' one day this guys gonna run out of money the same as micheal jackson & mike tyson did' then you watch him wanna talk to everyone lol

I know it does seem that way sometimes but clearly a guy who releases a record for the first time in how many years would say something to the fans, which has me convinced that Axl either had a nervous breakdown which which was rumoured at the time or he didn't promote out of protest for whatever reason. What big artist releases an album and stays quiet? There had to be a serious reason or then if not he's just an asshole hahaha. But there must have been something going on with him back then. Has he ever explained why the silence during and after the release back in Nov 2008?

Edited by Janis

Guest siliconmessiah

They just got off the road a few months ago, and they're all doing different things for now. Ashba just worked on Sixx: AM but not doing a tour with them, because Crue's doing one. This is good for GNR fans if he's going to be working with Axl on songs and going through unfinished recordings. They don't need all of GNR to do this. It might just be some mixing and producing that has to be done, and then they'll bring the band in to record some new stuff.

They're taking a break from each other. They have their own lives to live. Axl prob. wants to kick around at home or do some sightseeing, get some ideas for songs, go through his laptop on what he's recorded. They have a lot of money in the bank right now, so they're doing what any of us would do with a few million in the bank. Having extensions built on the house, writing ideas, seeing family and friends, playing with the dog that prob. forgot what they smelled like, dealing with financial issues, getting physicals, working out, dental work, going to the beach, being lazy, strip clubs, taking lessons, etc.

It might take a few years before we hear any new music. I'm hoping they open up some vault stuff just to tide the fans over, or put a live DVD out. That's the question people should be asking Axl - does he have any plans on putting anything GNR related out this year? I'm also going to assume that the closer Rock in Rio gets, unless they made an announcement that it's the only appearance they're making this year, there will be a tour of some sort.

It is almost like Axl is not feeling too eager to continue the Guns N´ Roses-saga, or to let his new lineups write new chapters.

He could have been more active (with releasing live-dvd:s, live records and ordinary records) over the years 2000-2010 if he wholeheartedly wanted to try rebuild it, and not just tour Appetite for Destruction.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I don't see fans kept in the dark. I see hired hands doing what they usually do when there's nothing doing with Axl / GN'R.

If there was anything to announce, Axl would be announcing.

Axl's probably too busy with legal stuff to work on music - although the thought of ca$h probably weighs in high, which might help release some of the reported material sitting on various hardrives.

Edited by star

I really have no idea why fans have been kept in the dark for about 16 years now... Axl was very talkative and honest when he did the forum chats, it was awesome. I think it's all in Axl's hands really, if he wants to talk, he will talk. He jumped down Madison's throat pretty fast when she got ousted, so there is definitely no outside influence effecting him when it comes to communicating.