Why are the fans being kept in the dark?

Guest siliconmessiah

I really have no idea why fans have been kept in the dark for about 16 years now... Axl was very talkative and honest when he did the forum chats, it was awesome. I think it's all in Axl's hands really, if he wants to talk, he will talk. He jumped down Madison's throat pretty fast when she got ousted, so there is definitely no outside influence effecting him when it comes to communicating.

In the bigger picture of things - the Madison incident was strange and very unexpected.

It kind of led you to believe that there would be some sort of follow up, an unveiling of the reasons why and how atleast *it* happened, but no. back to your regular programming of silence + nothing, I guess... ?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're being kept in the dark because we're fans. HELLO! I mean what do you think you deserve to know? When Axl gets up and pisses? What his eating regiment is? Your just a fan that buys GNR cds. When he has news regarding the next project, he'll let you know. I love how some of you actually believe your important and should be allowed behind the big steel curtain. Until you finance Mr. Roses' next album, or until you're apart of the band. You're not getting anything. After 27 years you should have learned that by now.

Edited by iftheworld

Guest siliconmessiah

We're being kept in the dark because we're fans. HELLO! I mean what do you think you deserve to know? When Axl gets up and pisses? What his eating regiment is? Your just a fan that buys GNR cds. When he has news regarding the next project, he'll let you know. I love how some of you actually believe your important and should be allowed behind the big steel curtain. Until you finance Mr. Roses' next album, or until you're apart of the band. You're not getting anything. After 27 years you should have learned that by now.

Utter bullshit.

I cannot care less about Axl Rose pissing or eating, but take a look at any decent rock band out there and take a "walk" around the homepages on the net. Compared to many bands, GNR stands out like fucking joke flying circus, and as a long time fan, yeah, I´m disappointed.

There have been times when GNR have had cool updates and stuff, but much like all the random lineups, it fucks up when it comes to continuity.

I really have no idea why fans have been kept in the dark for about 16 years now... Axl was very talkative and honest when he did the forum chats, it was awesome. I think it's all in Axl's hands really, if he wants to talk, he will talk. He jumped down Madison's throat pretty fast when she got ousted, so there is definitely no outside influence effecting him when it comes to communicating.

In the bigger picture of things - the Madison incident was strange and very unexpected.

It kind of led you to believe that there would be some sort of follow up, an unveiling of the reasons why and how atleast *it* happened, but no. back to your regular programming of silence + nothing, I guess... ?

what exactly happened with madison?

Guest siliconmessiah

what exactly happened with madison?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133020&st=90

Read here, scroll down.

Madison talked shit about Fernando, and Axl stuck up for him. I didn´t really follow the story or cared too much about it, but I guess Axl had good reasons.

I think it´s ok to discuss things about Guns N´ Roses itself, and how miserable this legendary band is being run, but when it comes to personal stuff like family, it doesn´t belong here.

Edited by siliconmessiah

its funny how so many ppl think they are 'entitled' to anything..from a total stranger.....seriously....these boards are just full of this crap...when are ppl going to grow up and quit whining like a bunch of babies?

'i dont get this...blah blah blah'

'i dont get that...blah blah blah'

seriously...you guys are all a bunch of whiny babies...GROW THE FUCK UP.

its scarey to say that 'you' type of ppl are becoming more common rather than less common in this day and age...it just says that GnR fans are little babies when you read crap threads like this....

Guest siliconmessiah

its funny how so many ppl think they are 'entitled' to anything..from a total stranger.....seriously....these boards are just full of this crap...when are ppl going to grow up and quit whining like a bunch of babies?

its scarey to say that 'you' type of ppl are becoming more common rather than less common in this day and age...it just says that GnR fans are little babies when you read crap threads like this....

This is a Guns N´ Roses forum.

Fans come to a Guns N´ Roses forum to discuss and support their favourite band.

But when you see your legendary favourite band getting torn apart every now and then, and just fading out, staying silent, becoming a running joke, it´s not fun and pretty hard to stay supportive.

It would have been no problem if it was Axl´s personal project, and not Guns N´ Roses. Then he could be silent for all he wanted.

Now, he took hold of Guns N´ Roses and claims he is "keeping it alive", when in fact the legacy gets tarnished for each day that passes, by the constant silence, random replacements of band members and touring one album for 10 years.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I am fine and have patience. I do not think GNR owes me owe me a damn thing. I have heard people bitch, that they have spent money on GNR and they feel like the band owes them back. I have spent tons on GNR and do not feel this way.

'i dont get this...blah blah blah'

'i dont get that...blah blah blah'

seriously...you guys are all a bunch of whiny babies...GROW THE FUCK UP.

You don't sound too happy.....guy.

Guest siliconmessiah

This board is so good lol.

Firstly, the gang of Axl nut-huggers' excuses for everything are hilarious. What's more is their insults and scoffs at people who say shit about gnr or complain. This "you arne't entitled to anything" attitude is some pretty fucking lousy logic. You don't tour constantly around the world and say all this amazing stuff is coming then DO NOTHING AT ALL. How people think others who complain about this outright bullshit feel "entitled" is absolutely religious in it's braindead, one world view of Axl as Jesus who can do no wrong.

Gnr doesn't promote their album because Axl won't do promotion AT ALL, no interviews, gag orders, no videos, not even ONE single official band picture?!?!?

....yet it is the record companies fault when the album fucking bombs completely!?!?

Gnr is obscenely always late because Axl happens to need to do something for an hour (or more) right as the shows starting EVERY SINGLE TIME!

....yet when shit goes wrong and people boo it's either the crowds fault or, hilariously, "technical problems" lol. Dude, adjust your mental clock by one hour for Christ sake! How he hasn't learned this simple courteous skill over all these years is one of the true mysteries of this mentally handicapped individual.

Gnr can't maintain a line-up for more than 3 years and the original members (not the guys who jammed with Axl under the name Gnr for a couple weeks in their basement in the very beginning, yet another failure of logic by Axl nuthuggers) are all interested in a reunion. Please point me to places where Slash said ACTUAL NEGATIVE SHIT about Axl. Everyone says Slash can't stop saying shit about Axl when the fact is peoiple ask him in every interview, as they would, and very rarely does he say anything negative other than what's obviously true which Slash tries to downplay in hopes of a reunion. All the ones I've seen Slash just truthfully says why he left and tries not to have bad blood. Even lately trying to bury the hatchet and even compliment CD. Meanwhile, Axl does like what.. 4 public speakings in the past 20 years and rags on Slash as the devil in EVERY SINGLE one!

Slash will cautiously talk about Axl on occasion in his MANY interviews where as Axl will mouth of rudely about Slash in EVERY piece of media he does WITHOUT even being asked. that's the difference. Axl hates Slash and wants to rag on him whenever he can even without being asked, Slash will occasionally mention Axl once out of every ten times asked about him.

Slash prevented you from making another Appetite style album did he Axl? Give me a fucking break, everyone knows this is bullshit it's laughable. Every other indicator shows Slash wanting to do that. Axl is continually lying, it's crazy how a man who says so little can have half of what he says pointed out as lies. Just look at his convos on various message boards in 08!

I'm not even a big Slash fan, he just gets all this hate when really he's just a dude trying to make a name for himself and play guitar. Axl genuinely hates Slash, I assume largely because King Dumbass himself still tours unjustly under the GNR name and knows in the back of his head most people miss Slash and he'll never build the band back up like he dreamed in 2001-2002. Another excuse used by Axl nuthuggers: "The band willingly and knowingly signed the rights to the name over so it's their fault!". Uh, that's retarded! Let us assume they were not tricked at all and they were completely sober when doing this. It is painnfully obvious they did it to appease Axl knowing he's a spastic little bitch. Their thought process would have been this: "Alright, whatever, you can have the name, if the band breaks up the name is useless anyway nobody in their right mind would continue the band if all the members left, were fired, or the band fell apart"

Unfortunately they failed to see this and Axl got control of things fully and shit went down the tubes.

Oh, the main thing I wanted to say before I went off on the foolish logic and retarded Axl nuthuggers was this:

That link to the thread where Madison got banned (still don't see why he/she got banned, forum members talk about eachother all the time, must be Axl's North Korea like control of fan forums) is hilarious! That one guy, Spuffy?, goes on at Axl in such a funny way! He just rips him up with truth and Axl uses little fallacies and missteps of logic to justify himself. It's really a funny read of an intellectual telling an asshole how it is.

But, of course, we all know Axl sits in his mansion and reads all media about him as he has always done so he must see us saying shit about him all the time, right? He even said ever since Madison joined he/shes been "spreading bullshit" or whatever he said CLEARLY implying he's been reading this forum regularly.

So if your reading this from your private, probably moldy from you sitting in it not moving for so long, mansion Axl I want to say "hi!" and wish you all the best. May your mind one day come back to you and give you the balls to call up Slash and Izzy, as we all know the others will be down in a second. Do you think they'll rag on you? Maybe for a second as they deserve, but I garuntee Slash would be more interested in hugging it out and putting together a record with you than bickering and holding grudges like you do.

Now...that´s a first post!

To some extent I agree, mostly about the part that I made bold.

The reason is... THERE DOESNT HAVE TO BE A REASON !!!

I think the technology age have made alot of people deluded.. You want it here, you want it NOW !! And everything except now is NOT acceptable.. !

Get over yourself..

It takes a year, it takes two years !! It has always taken longer for bigger bands.. ! Then you say 14 years, but in reality it does'nt matter.. !

You guys may complain over lack of communication etc., but I am fine with it, I might not be part of the majority, but I have equally right to be heard as you guys do !! Only thing is, I don't create topics to say - Hi Axl, I am satisfied with whatever you choose to do.. !

You guys create topic after topic, pissin' n' moanin' about this and that !

I don't think anything would ever satisfy you..!

And when somebody presents this, you get shot down like some College Football Douche Gang, "haha, your an Axl **I am a stupid cupcake;Just Ignore my post**" - No you ridicoulous piece of ****, I just have perspective.. This is not directed at anyone in particular, is exaggerated in tone, trying to keep it MYGNR material.. ;).. Anyway, the perspective would be that Axl and me and you, has the right to do whatever we want.. We are not obligated to each other in any shape or form..

I think most people here, realizes that, but have taken a liking to; go in the sauna, say the dirtiest joke and suck each other off to be "part of the group"...

I don't know.. Its not for me.. And now I have raised my opinion, I will leave you with yours...

Guest siliconmessiah

The plan is to release an album late this year.

So. A one post wonder comes to tell us this?

That hasn´t happened through the last 10 years...*sighs*

Posts = status... :thumbsup:

And thats just not true ? Unless you live in China ?

Guest siliconmessiah

Posts = status... :thumbsup:

Well. From the years of 2004-2008, we´ve had about 15000000 "mysterious insiders" who just showed up and/or just "had info" about a random date/time of year for CD-release, so I guess I am still used to that.

Ah...not to mention the hundreds of fake tracklistings with fake song titles.

Now, it´s pretty interesting that this one-post-wonder decides to post in a thread called "Why are the fans being kept in the dark..." :rofl-lol:

Edited by siliconmessiah

Firstly, the gang of Axl nut-huggers' excuses for everything are hilarious. What's more is their insults and scoffs at people who say shit about gnr or complain. This "you arne't entitled to anything" attitude is some pretty fucking lousy logic. You don't tour constantly around the world and say all this amazing stuff is coming then DO NOTHING AT ALL. How people think others who complain about this outright bullshit feel "entitled" is absolutely religious in it's braindead, one world view of Axl as Jesus who can do no wrong.

Gnr doesn't promote their album because Axl won't do promotion AT ALL, no interviews, gag orders, no videos, not even ONE single official band picture?!?!?

....yet it is the record companies fault when the album fucking bombs completely!?!?

Gnr is obscenely always late because Axl happens to need to do something for an hour (or more) right as the shows starting EVERY SINGLE TIME!

....yet when shit goes wrong and people boo it's either the crowds fault or, hilariously, "technical problems" lol. Dude, adjust your mental clock by one hour for Christ sake! How he hasn't learned this simple courteous skill over all these years is one of the true mysteries of this mentally handicapped individual.

Gnr can't maintain a line-up for more than 3 years and the original members (not the guys who jammed with Axl under the name Gnr for a couple weeks in their basement in the very beginning, yet another failure of logic by Axl nuthuggers) are all interested in a reunion. Please point me to places where Slash said ACTUAL NEGATIVE SHIT about Axl. Everyone says Slash can't stop saying shit about Axl when the fact is peoiple ask him in every interview, as they would, and very rarely does he say anything negative other than what's obviously true which Slash tries to downplay in hopes of a reunion. All the ones I've seen Slash just truthfully says why he left and tries not to have bad blood. Even lately trying to bury the hatchet and even compliment CD. Meanwhile, Axl does like what.. 4 public speakings in the past 20 years and rags on Slash as the devil in EVERY SINGLE one!

Slash will cautiously talk about Axl on occasion in his MANY interviews where as Axl will mouth of rudely about Slash in EVERY piece of media he does WITHOUT even being asked. that's the difference. Axl hates Slash and wants to rag on him whenever he can even without being asked, Slash will occasionally mention Axl once out of every ten times asked about him.

Slash prevented you from making another Appetite style album did he Axl? Give me a fucking break, everyone knows this is bullshit it's laughable. Every other indicator shows Slash wanting to do that. Axl is continually lying, it's crazy how a man who says so little can have half of what he says pointed out as lies. Just look at his convos on various message boards in 08!

I'm not even a big Slash fan, he just gets all this hate when really he's just a dude trying to make a name for himself and play guitar. Axl genuinely hates Slash, I assume largely because King Dumbass himself still tours unjustly under the GNR name and knows in the back of his head most people miss Slash and he'll never build the band back up like he dreamed in 2001-2002. Another excuse used by Axl nuthuggers: "The band willingly and knowingly signed the rights to the name over so it's their fault!". Uh, that's retarded! Let us assume they were not tricked at all and they were completely sober when doing this. It is painnfully obvious they did it to appease Axl knowing he's a spastic little bitch. Their thought process would have been this: "Alright, whatever, you can have the name, if the band breaks up the name is useless anyway nobody in their right mind would continue the band if all the members left, were fired, or the band fell apart"

Unfortunately they failed to see this and Axl got control of things fully and shit went down the tubes.

Oh, the main thing I wanted to say before I went off on the foolish logic and retarded Axl nuthuggers was this:

That link to the thread where Madison got banned (still don't see why he/she got banned, forum members talk about eachother all the time, must be Axl's North Korea like control of fan forums) is hilarious! That one guy, Spuffy?, goes on at Axl in such a funny way! He just rips him up with truth and Axl uses little fallacies and missteps of logic to justify himself. It's really a funny read of an intellectual telling an asshole how it is.

But, of course, we all know Axl sits in his mansion and reads all media about him as he has always done so he must see us saying shit about him all the time, right? He even said ever since Madison joined he/shes been "spreading bullshit" or whatever he said CLEARLY implying he's been reading this forum regularly.

So if your reading this from your private, probably moldy from you sitting in it not moving for so long, mansion Axl I want to say "hi!" and wish you all the best. May your mind one day come back to you and give you the balls to call up Slash and Izzy, as we all know the others will be down in a second. Do you think they'll rag on you? Maybe for a second as they deserve, but I garuntee Slash would be more interested in hugging it out and putting together a record with you than bickering and holding grudges like you do.

I've always wondered what kind of loser comes and rants about a band that they don't like, in that bands forums.

If you're sitting there crying in your pillow about a reunion that isn't going to happen, grow up, get over it, and move on. Everyone else already has.

You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but to waste the time it took you to type that out when you have absolutely no shot of effecting anything is just plain pathetic.

In one of the forum chats Axl said that the reason he doesn't talk is because no-one wants to hear what he has to say. Well of course his detractors dont want to hear what he has to say but what about the fans who buy his albums and go to his concerts? There's a lack of appreciation for their support no matter how he justifies it. How can he say this when it's obvious that if you asked the fans do u want to hear what Axl has to say(an interview) there would be a resounding YES! Alot of big artists have critics but that doesn't stop them from doing interviews. I just think he's lying when he says this but I cant figure out what he's trying to cover up?

I've always wondered what kind of loser comes and rants about a band that they don't like, in that bands forums.

If you're sitting there crying in your pillow about a reunion that isn't going to happen, grow up, get over it, and move on. Everyone else already has.

You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, but to waste the time it took you to type that out when you have absolutely no shot of effecting anything is just plain pathetic.

But... Thats all people do here...! :shrugs:

Did you read my post? It's pretty obvious I am a fan of the real guns n roses.

I'm not upset at all, I just have not posted in gnr forums for a while and those have been my thoughts the past couple years.

I'm also mostly talking about how people jump on anyone who says anything negative when it's plainly obvious that it's true. I also used logic, something most people here don't understand, to persuade these Axl fanboys that he's no god. Also, I think Axl comes on these forums personally quite often so it's funny, to me, to think that he might just read my post.

Well, the "real" Guns n' Roses no longer exists, and it never will again.

None of us will ever know what really happened to cause the split, but to put sole blame on Axl is just as bad as putting it on Slash. It takes 2 to tango, so they say.

Axl has the sole rights to the name because he simply out smarted the rest of the band. If he had not, Velvet Revolver would have been Guns n Roses and I would have found that to be a bigger disgrace than anything Axl has done.

I don't think he is keeping us in the dark because he wants to, I believe it is a necessary evil for him.

Look at the few times he has said the album was or suppose to come out and didn't and the shit storm it caused.

Wouldn't you want to avoid that??????

I tend to believe that he is unsure himself due to the label, management or lawsuits. So why say a word? If you know you it may not happen for a number of reasons.

Look at the songs they played live back in 2001-2002 they basically are the same as what we have on CD. Which leads me to believe it was ready to go in 2002 but something got fucked one way or another a number of times before the release.

I am not saying he didn't cause some of the delays but if you keep getting yourself up for what you think is going to happen then is gets shout down for reasons other than you doing it, it would be easy to set back and wait for things to play out before you dove back in feet first.

Man, that's not true at all. The other guys in the band signed the name thing, that most singers would never think of doing, because they didn't want Axl to freak out. They would NEVER have continued GNR without Axl. That's retarded. Which is why Axl is the one who schemed it and did it. Because he is retarded.

What makes you think they wouldn't have? Bands do it all the time.