Why are the fans being kept in the dark?

Guest siliconmessiah

So. Judging by the topics on this page, there seems to have been another slow and silent day/week when it comes to being a fan of this band.

Years have gone by since Axl communicated with the fans, or we got an update on the bands official home page www.gunsnroses.com.

Is this band still alive? Who plays in the band? Are there any other plans for other things this year than a gig in october?

There are so many questions that the fans would like to know off, but still they´re being left in the dark.

Why has Axl problems to answer and inform the fans in a laid-back style.

In my opinion I think that Axl´s constant way of keeping fans in the dark about the future is kind of lacking in respect to those that actually support the band by buying tickets and stuff.

After all, has himself said that he took hold of the band name to keep this thing alive.

That´s fine and all, but then, keep it alive in a way that is functional, by communicating and releasing music.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.

axls never been bothered about the fans' thats why i never bought chinese democracy' he was silent for years when he does speak its lies' thats why i chose to keep my wallet silent by not lining his pockets when he released it' pity everyone else didn't do the same' one day this guys gonna run out of money the same as micheal jackson & mike tyson did' then you watch him wanna talk to everyone lol

Yet you still follow his career and take the time to post on a GnR forum!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many questions that the fans would like to know off, but still they´re being left in the dark.

It´s better to burn out than to fade away.

It just came to me, maybe we are in the dark, because Axl wants it that way. Maybe he believes that the darkness, where he has put us, his little children, is where we can be united. United with the monstrosity of his insanity, illogic, and his sense of time. From the darkness we will find the reason. and the belief. and then we will believe. that there is a reason.

.darkness!.

One day people will realize that Axl Rose does not care that much about the fans...as a matter of fact, they are probably on the bottom of his priority list. That being said, as long as you can accept him for what he is, then you should be fine just being a fan.

One day people will realize that Axl Rose does not care that much about the fans...as a matter of fact, they are probably on the bottom of his priority list. That being said, as long as you can accept him for what he is, then you should be fine just being a fan.

I don't think that is necessarily true. If Axl didn't care about the fans than most of us who met him would have never met him on this last tour. I think Axl has his own way of doing things that doesn't involve compromise, and he ends up with a lot of brick walls in his way because of that.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't think that is necessarily true. If Axl didn't care about the fans than most of us who met him would have never met him on this last tour. I think Axl has his own way of doing things that doesn't involve compromise, and he ends up with a lot of brick walls in his way because of that.

I didn't say he "didn't" care about the fans....I said he didn't care MUCH about the fans - as in being on the bottom of his priority list. Basically, I think he probably only thinks about the fans when he has to - like when he's actually on tour, etc. Most of the other time, he's thinking and doing anything else in his life.

I didn't say he "didn't" care about the fans....I said he didn't care MUCH about the fans - as in being on the bottom of his priority list. Basically, I think he probably only thinks about the fans when he has to - like when he's actually on tour, etc. Most of the other time, he's thinking and doing anything else in his life.

That is bullshit like ITW said. He "has to" ??? No he does not have to care, yet he does

how do you figure that axl cares about his fans

doesn't seem that way to me

If you mean that he does not release album's when you demand them, then your right

or if you mean he didn't play a show near you , then I guess your right as well..

Having said that he met alot of people on the latest tour, he did not "have to" do that at all, so what is the alternative? Maybe he does care about his fans??? Or can we think of any other reason?

I met the man, he does care about his fans, and the fans he met he enjoyed their company to be sure...

If he does not speak everyday on here or twitter, or constantly tour everyday or release albums left and right then he don't care about his fans?

I guess he can't care if he is not obsessed with us as we are of him? Ok ya got me there :thumbsup:

Edited by gunsguy

Not to be cynical, but does anyone really care at this point?

Chinese Democracy flopped. Hard. People will drop money to hear Axl karaoke. But as far as new music goes? Come on, now. And if you think I'm full of shit- the Best Buy retail price speaks for itself.

We care a lot.

About the Garbage Pail Kids, they never lie.

We care a lot about Transformers cause there's more than meets the eye

We care a lot about you people cuz we're out to save the world :krider:

It's a dirty job but Guns N Roses got to do it.

Not to be cynical, but does anyone really care at this point?

Chinese Democracy flopped. Hard. People will drop money to hear Axl karaoke. But as far as new music goes? Come on, now. And if you think I'm full of shit- the Best Buy retail price speaks for itself.

You obviously do - otherwise you wouldn't be here.