Is Bumblefoot's song release strategy working?

axl666

So Bumble is releasing a new song every month. I'm just wondering what people think

of this approach? Are people buying a new song every month?

I bought the first three but stopped after that. It's mainly because I don't think his new songs are as good as normal/abnormal,

but I'm finding it hard to keep up with his release schedule (though it's nothing compared to Bucket).

I think I'd prefer it if he released groups of 5-6 songs every three months.

Edited by axl666

His approach is quite the opposite of GNR: always be there on the market, all the time.

By doing so, he doesn't create a "need", hence, I'm not looking forward to any of his stuff even though I'm sure I'd enjoy it. I think the best formula is the Muse formula: one album every three year.

Releasing music all the time isn't good because it proves you don't polish it enough, and on the contrary if you wait for too long, you're never gonna come up with songs that are satisfying enough (except with the case of Chinese Democracy).

I agree with the Muse formula. Tour extensively after an album. Stay in public light. Win Awards. Release the next album. Repeat.

bit boring and predictable though!

At least I know that i'm getting music. Muse's music always backs up the hype. I dont know if Axl can anymore.

It works brilliantly. He can release his music, which is all that matters. Ron has stated on many occassions that he has to always be ready to answer the GnR call when things kick into gear. he simply has no time to record an album at the moment when you take into consideration that he is also a working producer etc. It gives him the satisfaction of releasing his music and allows him to be ready for anything GnR may throw at him! I find it to be win/win

i really couldn't care less about his release strategy

my beef is that all the songs that he has released so far have sucked big time

I'm not a big fan of Father and Invisible but his cover songs seem to be much better, specially Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. He should do a cover album, his Can't Take My Eyes Off of You cover is awesome too.

I've bought "Invisible" and "Father" and I've heard "Strawberry Fields Forever" and I actually prefer his orginal songs (non cover). I think I wouldn't buy whole digital album, but as you can see, I've bought 2 singles already. So that's good thing I suppose.

And I think this form of releasing songs is pretty good for the member of GN'R. He can't tell what's going to happen in future - maybe in July Axl will say "Let's tour" and they will tour in Septenber, October, November and December. If BBF had some plans (for new album, for example) he wouldn't be able to make it. But this strategy - one song per month - is pretty safe. Even if something unexpected will happen, he still can relase his singles.