19 year old liam gallagher singing live forever

liquidmetal

Guest Len B'stard
you surely are trolling?

Every voice doesn't have to be able to sing in 80 different registers just to be amazing, in fact, when standards are set in music whereby there is one type of singing that everyone tries to do, thats when music sucks and all starts to sound like shit immitations of the same thing.

The best voices are the ones that get you where you live, not some textbooky fuckin student bullshit like "oh, i see Liam is unable to react A flat minor mixolydiatonic, by my calculations that makes Axl Rose, Rod Stewart and Christina Aguilera better than him" fuck that, rock n roll is what goes on after school, not during.

The best voices are the ones that get you where you live, not some textbooky fuckin student bullshit like "oh, i see Liam is unable to react A flat minor mixolydiatonic, by my calculations that makes Axl Rose, Rod Stewart and Christina Aguilera better than him" fuck that, rock n roll is what goes on after school, not during.

No mean to be offensive but man, that's the most stereotypical, teenage wannabe rock n' roll thing I've ever heard. Liam just has a bad voice (and he's a total moron of course). Axl Rose isn't the best singer either. I love him as a frontman, but as a singer? I mean, guys like Dio, Eric Adams, Tim "Ripper" Owens, Jeff Scott Soto, etc. are just out of their league! Yeah I agree rock n' roll has got something to do with doing whatever you want, but come on, a guy needs to be able to sing a little at least.

Guest Len B'stard

No mean to be offensive but man, that's the most stereotypical, teenage wannabe rock n' roll thing I've ever heard. Liam just has a bad voice (and he's a total moron of course). Axl Rose isn't the best singer either. I love him as a frontman, but as a singer? I mean, guys like Dio, Eric Adams, Tim "Ripper" Owens, Jeff Scott Soto, etc. are just out of their league! Yeah I agree rock n' roll has got something to do with doing whatever you want, but come on, a guy needs to be able to sing a little at least.

No offense taken man but yeah, i don't agree with you at all there. Put it this way, as far as i'm concerned, singing is opening your mouth and saying shit and thats it. There's no rules to this fuckin thing, see music (and singing) came first, all the structure and the sussing out and the textbooks came when a bunch of chin scratchers wanted to get it on paper but musics always been there and whats pleasing to the ear is pleasing to the ear despite what any ones ideas are about what has to be or should be.

If by "a guy needs to be able to sing a little" you mean like, i dunno, hit notes or whatever i do not agree with you. You voice can be the most atonal thing in the world and if it's suits the particular piece of music, you've fuckin nailed it.

What i've never understood about music is, presumably right, artists are aware of the fact that to be original is commendable, right? So then why would you want to immitate anybody? Part of whats breeds this immitative mentality that sucks the life out of music is these rules that people have, this is singing, that ain't singing etc so it's like, y'know what, what he's doing over there is singing so i've gotta be like that if i'm to be considered to be singing, which is bullshit. Every human being has a distinctive voice, a different voice, thats the fuckin beauty of art man, the fact that it's an expression of the individual and individualistic in doing so, no matter how much you ever try to copy anyone you never fuckin nail it anyway, you just sound like you doing a shit version of them.

Fuck singing man, singing in inverted commas as it were. Not that it don't have its place but see, this is the thing with people who set rules, it's exclusive behaviour...and the whole idea of music or culture even is that it's like an inclusive thing, it's FOR everybody, not just to expierience but to take part in. I don't think your ability to hit notes has anything to do with whether you're a good singer, you're a good singer if people respond to what you do.

I like fuckin Tom Waits, Bob Dylan, Johnny Rotten, Joe Strummer, fuckin...y'know, someone a bit fuckin different. That's not to say i don't like my singer-singers like Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke etc but fuckin...gotta have a bit of variety man.

Saying Liams or any given singers voice ain't good expressly because it lacks range is like saying....OK, an Aston Martin DB9 ain't a good car cuz it ain't as fast as a McLaren F1 or a .38 smith and wesson ain't as good as a fuckin Heckler n Koch sniper rifle cuz it don't shoot as far, it's ridiculous, they're two different things built to do different jobs.

What a truly awful post. The noise that came out of liams mouth, was the voice of a generation. :chef: Just because you dont like his voice doesnt mean you've suddenly become the universal singing consultant of the universe.

nice way to cover yourself by saying you dont think axl is a great singer either. :crazy:

ridiculously transparent post. Nice try though. :D The bit where you said (and he's a total moron of course) gave it a way.

You're in no position to say what defines a great voice, for example you couldnt prove that Luciano Pavarotti sings with more passion than Liam Gallagher. FACT.

Liam is one of the greatest rock n roll singers of all time, plenty of proof to that.

Edited by liquidmetal

well goddamn this makes me feel old.

I'm just starting to get into Oasis. Liam's voice is second to Axl's in my book.

you surely are trolling?

Nope.

you surely are trolling?

Every voice doesn't have to be able to sing in 80 different registers just to be amazing, in fact, when standards are set in music whereby there is one type of singing that everyone tries to do, thats when music sucks and all starts to sound like shit immitations of the same thing.

great post.

Fuck singing man, singing in inverted commas as it were. Not that it don't have its place but see, this is the thing with people who set rules, it's exclusive behaviour...and the whole idea of music or culture even is that it's like an inclusive thing, it's FOR everybody, not just to expierience but to take part in. I don't think your ability to hit notes has anything to do with whether you're a good singer, you're a good singer if people respond to what you do.

The thing is, you need to be able to hit notes to make it pleasant. At least for me it's like that. I think it's awful if someone is singing out of key. And even if you are in key, you need a strong voice.

I agree that singing is for everybody. But if you are gonna do it professionaly, you need to be able to hit notes, hold them, etc. I like playing soccer, but I would not try to become one of the guys to play for FC Barcelona.

The singing of Liam might be something that lots of people like, but for me personally, he is awful, because I do think that being a good singer is essential to singing. But that's just my individual approach at singing.

Don't you think it's much more of a pleasure, if you get to listen to someone who has an awesome voice?

check out oasis live by the sea' liam is awesome at that show

i also think axl aint that good live' on some of the old gnr live stuff his voice is terrible' check out perfect crime as an example from the st louis riot show

my brother saw gnr at the donnington monsters of rock ( paradise city video) said there performance was one of the worst live performances he's ever seen

Edited by lawrence

i also think axl aint that good live' on some of the old gnr live stuff his voice is terrible' check out perfect crime as an example from the st louis riot show

I'll listen to it sometime, though I doubt that it will change my opinion, as they are also not really from a genre I like.

But yeah, Axl's voice was really bad throughout '91 in general you could say, not just at the st. louis show.

I'll listen to it sometime, though I doubt that it will change my opinion, as they are also not really from a genre I like.

But yeah, Axl's voice was really bad throughout '91 in general you could say, not just at the st. louis show.

yes bad in 91' but not as bad as that fuckin vma performance lol' the guy should've hid away forever after that - how embarrasing' sounded lfull of helium

Edited by lawrence

Guest Len B'stard

The thing is, you need to be able to hit notes to make it pleasant. At least for me it's like that. I think it's awful if someone is singing out of key. And even if you are in key, you need a strong voice.

I agree that singing is for everybody. But if you are gonna do it professionaly, you need to be able to hit notes, hold them, etc. I like playing soccer, but I would not try to become one of the guys to play for FC Barcelona.

The singing of Liam might be something that lots of people like, but for me personally, he is awful, because I do think that being a good singer is essential to singing. But that's just my individual approach at singing.

Don't you think it's much more of a pleasure, if you get to listen to someone who has an awesome voice?

But even then man, labouring under like, the preconcieved notions of what is typically considered singing, Liams alright, he does his job, he has a good rock n roll voice, it's got a snarl to it and it's quite songy too, i mean he doesn't have a great deal of range but the songs he sings not necessarily require it and that's not a criticism, they're just different songs, he's not awful as such. A bit touch and go live sometimes but so's everybody man, when i'm digging a live performance it's like, shit, the last thing i give a fuck about is whether the singers in or out of key but even if Oasis were labouring under the rules of how singing should be, i think Liam fuckin puts it down, consistently.

Listen to Champagne Supernova or Wonderwall, Stand by Me, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, they're brilliant vocal performances inasmuch as they do what the song in question requires. If you just naturally don't like his voice or style of singing i can get that, that is what it is but to say he's awful by the standards of the job he's expected to do and the role he's supposed to fulfill in the songs he sings, i think that's rubbish. So yeah, is he a good singer? Definitely, in the framework of the sort of music that he does, yes.

And yeah, i do think its more of a pleasure to listen to an awesome voice, it's just my idea of an awesome voice is people like John Lydon, Joe Strummer, Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Ari Up, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, John Lennon and some of those aren't exactly what some would call "awesome".