Checkmate

SmellThePoppies

can someone put up a link for the clip that we know is GNR? i wa son you tube and cant find a 16 second clip? Thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IIABzOU37m0

Its Looped twice.

How is this good? I love Axl and all but this sounds no better than any generic rock song you'd find today. Obviously its only 16 seconds, but why is there a thread for THIS?

How is this good?

I think the main reason this song has stirred so much up in the GNR fan community is it sounds very much like a vintage Appetite style rocker------one that has the promise of a killer hook, some vintage Axl screams, and some of that Appetite filth all rolled into one.

Personally I love this clip and can't fucking wait to hear the entire song. This clip, coupled with bits and pieces from the Axl Chats, as well as encouragement by several of the songs on CD (Better, Sorry, TIL), all lead me to fervently believe that Axl's still got an Ace or 2 up his sleeve and we've not yet heard the "Big Guns"-----and I would bet $$$ that this song is one of 'em.

P.S.... Guns should open Rio with this song.......what an entrance that would be!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They already have the intro in the beginning, so they can use that and go right into the song.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. They already have the intro in the beginning, so they can use that and go right into the song.

Yup, lets open our headlining set with a new song that nobody has ever heard at the biggest music festival in the world. Sometimes you guys are quite retarded.

*people anticipating WTTJ*

What the fuck is this shit?

Edited by Guest

Yup, lets open our headlining set with a new song that nobody has ever heard at the biggest music festival in the world. Sometimes you guys are quite retarded.

*people anticipating WTTJ*

What the fuck is this shit?

well they use chi dem which alot of people dont know

Until the song 'The General' comes out let's stop using that name for any unnamed song! NONE of us know what piece it is from, and let's stop pretending we know what it is

well it was confirmed as the general on the official guns n' roses twitter, but apparently that isn't good enough for you?

Until the song 'The General' comes out let's stop using that name for any unnamed song! NONE of us know what piece it is from, and let's stop pretending we know what it is

well it was confirmed as the general on the official guns n' roses twitter, but apparently that isn't good enough for you?

wait WHAT was?

Guest siliconmessiah

I think this stuff need clarifying:

1. The GNR-live concert intro has been officially confirmed as part of "The General".

2. The above has absolutely nothing to do with the "Checkmate clip". The check mate clip however, has been rumored to be called "No Love Remains".

I think this stuff need clarifying:

1. The GNR-live concert intro has been officially confirmed as part of "The General".

2. The above has absolutely nothing to do with the "Checkmate clip". The check mate clip however, has been rumored to be called "No Love Remains".

3. the "checkmate clip" was confirmed by axl to have a working title of "Jackie Chan."

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

3. the "checkmate clip" was confirmed by axl to have a working title of "Jackie Chan."

I don't recall Axl directly confirming that - he basically said "you've heard bits of it somewhere" and the fanbase assumed (whether correctly or otherwise) he was referring to THAT clip.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I don't recall Axl directly confirming that - he basically said "you've heard bits of it somewhere" and the fanbase assumed (whether correctly or otherwise) he was referring to THAT clip.

no, the "you've heard bits of it somewhere" was regarding "The General". he confirmed the "Checkmate clip" had "Jackie Chan" as the working title

Edited by Roderick

Yeah maybe if he could talk about the music this time like he tried to before (let's talk about catcher in the rye). Probably not though because all the dicks would have to take over the chat and then he'd leave.

The problem is Axl is a little bit hard to understand and tends to ramble on in his sentences imho

Ahahah absolutely, I think I watched it 10 times in row :lol:

Btw, it'd be cool to know when Checkmate/Jackie Chan was recorded and who plays on it. I sent the clip to Brain a couple of years ago asking if it was him or Josh Freese playing, but got no answer unfortunately.

Ahahah absolutely, I think I watched it 10 times in row :lol:

Btw, it'd be cool to know when Checkmate/Jackie Chan was recorded and who plays on it. I sent the clip to Brain a couple of years ago asking if it was him or Josh Freese playing, but got no answer unfortunately.

i think that someone "confirmed" that the checkmate clip was from the 1999 sessions (same source as IRS and Twat 1999) with Josh Freese

i think that someone "confirmed" that the checkmate clip was from the 1999 sessions (same source as IRS and Twat 1999) with Josh Freese

Cool, i didn't know that. Then I wonder why we got full leaks of IRS and TWAT and just a 15 seconds excerpt from Checkmate.