Rock & Metal Night!

Monty

Hey guys, I'm hosting a Rock & Metal night in a local club (a dj set - if you could call it that!) and was looking for suggestions of tracks to play. We'll be covering Classic Rock, Grunge, Thrash, Nu-Metal, Alt, Doom, Hair, etc

Everytime I've been to a Rock or Metal club I have blank spots (dam Jager) so I can never properly remember the tunes they play, what songs do you guys remember hearing on your nights out? Or what suggestions do you have?

Got a huge list so far but the more the merrier...

Rawk \m/

Thrash: Enter Sandman, Sanitarium, Creeping Death, Behind The Crooked Cross, Mandatory Suicide, The Mechanix, Symphony Of Destruction, Hangar 18.

Grunge/Alt Metal: Birth Ritual, Outshined, Room A Thousand Years Wide, Like Suicide, Man In The Box, Them Bones, What The Hell Have I, Died, A Looking In View, Anger Rising, Dickeye, Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are, Blew, A Little Bitter, Got Me Wrong, Siddharta, Even Flow, Alive, Better Man, Severed Hand, Animal, Leash, Unemployable, Dissident, Once, Jeremy, Nearly Lost You, Make My Mind, Winter Song, No Excuses, Slaves And Bulldozers, Jesus Christ Pose, Black Hole Sun, Hunger Strike, Touch Me I'm Sick, The Lucky Ones, Fell On Black Days, Would?, Right Turn, Brother, Brush Away, Grind, Again, Angel Eyes, Solitude, Settling Down, Devil By His Side, Hurt A Long Time, Satisfy, Hellbound, Chemical Tribe, Hurts Don't It, Over Now.

Nu/Alt: Halo (Soil), Unreal, Redefine, Understanding Me, Inside, Thoughtless, Clown, Alone I Break, System, Stupify, Indestructible, Prayer, Black (Sevendust), Face To Face(Sevendust), My Own Summer, Love N' Luxury, Starting Over (Korn), Make Me Bad, Freak On a Leash, Got The Life, Word Up.

Alt: Coffee Shop, Especially In Michigan, Charlie, Other Side, Californication, Until It Sleeps, Hero Of The Day, Slither (Metallica), A Tout Le Monde, Crush 'Em, Like A Stone.

Edited by Chewbacca

There used to be a rock/metal/punk night up at Glasgow Uni, it ran for about 10/12 years and was phenomenally successful for a while. When they finally decided to terminate the contract over 1000 folk showed up for the final night.

I remember the big anthems being:

Lamb of God- Redneck

Coheed & Cambria- Welcome Home

Slipknot- Before I Forget

Guns N Roses- Welcome To The Jungle

Blink 182- Feeling This

Nine Inch Nails- Closer

Rage Against The Machine- Wake Up

All That Remains- This Calling

Jimmy Eat World- The Middle

Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch

SOAD- Chop Suey

Killswitch Engage- My Last Serenade

Just some ideas based on what the crowd there liked. Sounds like it's gonna be an awesome night though

There used to be a rock/metal/punk night up at Glasgow Uni, it ran for about 10/12 years and was phenomenally successful for a while. When they finally decided to terminate the contract over 1000 folk showed up for the final night.

I remember the big anthems being:

Lamb of God- Redneck

Coheed & Cambria- Welcome Home

Slipknot- Before I Forget

Guns N Roses- Welcome To The Jungle

Blink 182- Feeling This

Nine Inch Nails- Closer

Rage Against The Machine- Wake Up

All That Remains- This Calling

Jimmy Eat World- The Middle

Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch

SOAD- Chop Suey

Killswitch Engage- My Last Serenade

Just some ideas based on what the crowd there liked. Sounds like it's gonna be an awesome night though

NIN's best IMO

Midlife Crisis - Faith No More

Give It Away - Chili Peppers

D'You Know What I Mean? - Oasis

Killing in the Name of - RATM

You Love Us - Manic Street Preachers

Here I Go Again - Whitesnake

We Built This City - Starship

Start Me Up - The Stones

All You Need Is Love - The Bealtes

Who Are You - The Who

Nobody's Fault But Mine - Zeppelin

Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

The More Things Change - Cinderella

EMI - Sex Pistols

Where The Wild Roses Grow - Nick Cave

Head Like A Hole - NIN

Coma - GNR

Faith No More- Epic

Rage Against The Machine- Killing In The Name or Bulls On Parade

Guns N' Roses- Mr. Brownstone

Metallica (Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters, Seek and Destroy, One or Fuel and maybe throw in Master of Puppets?)

Megadeth- Peace Sells or Symphony of Destruction

RHCP- Anything really, but, Under The Bridge, Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder Cover), Give It Away, Snow (Hey Oh) or Dani California

Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills

Led Zeppelin- Rock and Roll, Black Dog, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love

Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze

The Beatles- Helter Skelter, Get Back or Come Together

Deep Purple- Smoke On The Water or Highway Star

Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch

Pantera- Walk, Cowboys From Hell

The Who- Baba O' Reily or Won't Get Fooled Again or maybe Pinball Wizard

Blink-182- Anthem, Dammit

Stone Temple Piolts- Sex Type Thing or Plush

Lynyrd Skynyrd- Freebird (Just kidding :xmasssanta: )

Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd- All Summer Long/Sweet Home Alabama

There are a plethora of songs you could choose from. I just picked a list of more well known songs that the audience might know and would get into better.

But if you want to change the mix up a little bit, I would........

The Beatles- The Continuing Adventures of Bungalow Bill

Pantera- Five Minutes Alone

Jimi Hendrix- Red House

Iron Maiden- Ace's High

Guns N' Roses- Rhiad and The Bedouins

Stone Temple Piolts- Army Ants

Johnny Cash- Walk the Line, Folsom Prison Blues or Ring of Fire

Chuck Berry- Johnny B. Goode, Run Rudolph Run

Jerry Reed- East Bound and Down

Anyways, there are my suggestions.

BLT lol. Was more a fan of BLS (Black Label Society) FYI

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!

We have like 2 days worth of songs to pick from, I've had a blast just researching for it.

Kinda wish I wasn't organising it tho, would rather be at the bar that night, jäger in tow \m/

BLT lol. Was more a fan of BLS (Black Label Society) FYI

Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!

We have like 2 days worth of songs to pick from, I've had a blast just researching for it.

Kinda wish I wasn't organising it tho, would rather be at the bar that night, jäger in tow \m/

:lol: BLT.

Where's the gig man?

More for Alt/Nu Metal: Drowning Pool - Shame, Enemy, Soldiers, 37 Stitches, Sinner, Tear away, All Over Me, Numb, Full Circle, Paralyzed, Alcohol Blind, More Than Worthless, Over My Head, No More, Reborn, Fell Like I Do, King Zero, Turn So Cold, Reasons I'm Alive, Let The Sin Begin.

• 2 months later...

[RANT]So I've held 3/4 of these nights now to great success. Such a varied crowd that comes, we're asked to play everything from Obituary to Bon Jovi. The last one was last Friday, and to advertise I made posters that had the Parental Advisory logo on them. Harmless right? Not if you live in the God-fearing Western Isles of Scotland!!

Had an ignorant woman from a local church in my shop looking for me as she was concerned with what "Explicit Content" meant on all the posters (I wasn't in that day but my colleague told me all about it). "That can't be good!" she said lol. She admitted she didnt know what the posters were for (READ IT!!! a Rock n' Metal DJ Set), or what the venue was (a local nightclub, there's not many!).....she originally thought I was advertising to attract people to my home! HAHA. I wanted to ask her what the worst case scenario in her head was that these posters were advertising, some sort of party for breaking commandments whilst taking the Lord's name in vain? Fuck knows

She came back after having looked into it more and I happened to be in this time, she asked what attracted me to the heavy music, and the swear words lol. I told her she was ignorant and closed minded for thinking all Rock and Metal music was 'bad', and explained that this logo is found on pop albums also, as well as instrumental albums believe it or not - Frank Zappa's Jazz from Hell, solely for having Hell in the title :o.

She claims I'm warping 'the kids' minds with the swear words, etc, yet its a nightclub, 18+ only. I argued that 18 yrs of age = adult, she didnt agree. So you can be married, be able to drive, drink, have kids, smoke, vote and fight for your country in war, but still considered a kid by some people! I'm guilty of bad taste if anything ;). She asked to give me a pamphlet, I said no and offered her a free ticket to the Rock n' Metal night, she declined but threatened to protest it, and write to the local paper, council, police, churches, etc! haha.

Fuck the posters, she's my new head of marketing! next one is in 4 weeks time \m/ [/RANT]

Haha, and to think the Western Isles produce some amazing bands... You're gonna get the far stricter older generation though, my Great Aunt's about as presbyterian as you can get, she criticised some of the lyrics I sung at a family sing-song once and they were fairly innocuous. Just the way some people are...