I’ve taken a new stance on Chinese Democracy

star

I’ve taken a new stance on Chinese Democracy. It’s not Guns N’Roses, it’s not great tunes, it’s the contents of one mans mind, spilling he’s views, backed up by a wall of sound, some call noise. Layers and layers of it - one huge slimy wall of bile, the layers representing a form multiple personality disorder, most evident during Madagascar.

Guest siliconmessiah

Your stance on Chinese Democracy is well known Star. And Chinese Democracy is a great album, whatever you say.

But everything you do on this forum, is constantly shit talking GNR.

I know things didn´t work out fine for this band in every occasion, and that stuff got fucked up, and that band members are changing like a babys diaper, and that the band seems dysfunctional in both releasing stuff and delivering news to the fans.

But to go talking shit about an album that people in here waited for, is just a fucking problem for you.

It was a great album, almost everyone here is happy with the album and the songs. It was all that we were waiting for.

What people are raising doubts about however, is the way that Axl is runnning the GNR-ship harder, and harder into the ground for each day that passes with weird silence, a slash-caricature as a new guitarist and constant AFD-touring.

Chinese Democracy is a fantastic fucking piece of art - Guns N´ Roses of 2011 is, in my opinion, a fantastic piece of fucking mess.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I agree that the book is utter garbage

Sorry - The big anthem for all the narcissists of the world.

I fundamentally disagree with both of these points (and your explicit, nonsense analysis of "Chinese Democracy" and its tendencies in general). Salinger's "Catcher in the Rye" is a genius concept and one of greatest novels ever - "Sorry" in no way alludes to the so called "narcissism" of Axl (but points out Axl's integrity is more intact than those who "oppressed" him).

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think of the album as a collection of paranoid whining.

All albums are an ego trip which pedestal the opinion of the artist - "Chinese Democracy" is no different in that respect... whether you wish to listen to Axl's viewpoint (which he's built on legitimate, life experiences) is your own prerogative and really irrelevant to the calibre of the album.

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

I’ve taken a new stance on Chinese Democracy. It’s not Guns N’Roses, it’s not great tunes, it’s the contents of one mans mind, spilling he’s views, backed up by a wall of sound, some call noise. Layers and layers of it - one huge slimy wall of bile, the layers representing a form multiple personality disorder, most evident during Madagascar.

How is this a new stance from what you've expressed on here in the past? :shrugs:

No one is MAKING you listen to the album, if you don't like it, sell it or delete it from your PC or whatever and forget about it.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

but if you look closely at the lyrics, they can easily be interpreted in such a way

"Sorry" does not portray Axl as being narcissistic; the lyrical example you outlined ("difference is nobody cares about you") in particular - narcissism is being infatuated with yourself... how does Axl having a shot at someone else suggest narcissism... de facto?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

He seems to think it's the most terribly oppressive place in the world which it obviously isn't. China is doing pretty damn well for itself, especially considering they're communists. I dunno.

It is oppressive - China is cold with no regard for human life (economic success doesn't dispute that reality). I would also question China being "Communist" (as its more and more becoming geared towards westernism) and your notion Communism is "less inclined" to be successful (in fact it's more so).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Do you think your opinion is worth its own thread? Its fucking not. Everyone has their own opinions on the album and if u want to post yours do it like everybody else in the Album Review thread.

oh wait you just wanna start shit..my bad.

It was a great album, almost everyone here is happy with the album and the songs. It was all that we were waiting for.

Chinese Democracy is a fantastic fucking piece of art - Guns N´ Roses of 2011 is, in my opinion, a fantastic piece of fucking mess.

Really, CD it was all that you're waiting for??? :o :o Try to make a poll and see the results,i dont think so,CD wasnt what most of the fans expected. :shrugs:

Edited by Majestic Beast

I never fully understood Axl's thoughts on China. He seems to think it's the most terribly oppressive place in the world which it obviously isn't. China is doing pretty damn well for itself, especially considering they're communists. I dunno.

China's on the up. They're on the road to being bigger than America. Times are a changing. In these times of recession Aston Martin and Porsche are doing a roaring trade, all thanks to the Chinese and their new found wealth wanting to buy buy buy. Mean while America is in debt to the tune of $1.4 trillion

Edited by star

I never fully understood Axl's thoughts on China. He seems to think it's the most terribly oppressive place in the world which it obviously isn't. China is doing pretty damn well for itself, especially considering they're communists. I dunno.

China's on the up. They're on the road to being bigger than America. Times are a changing. In these times of recession Aston Martin and Porsche are doing a roaring trade, all thanks to the Chinese and their new found wealth wanting to buy. Mean while America is in debt to the tune of $1.4 trillion

although, you gotta remember the album name was locked in just about a decade ago when all this info wasn't necessarily available. Just another bit that makes it dated...

China's on the up. They're on the road to being bigger than America. Times are a changing. In these times of recession Aston Martin and Porsche are doing a roaring trade, all thanks to the Chinese and their new found wealth wanting to buy. Mean while America is in debt to the tune of $1.4 trillion

although, you gotta remember the album name was locked in just about a decade ago when all this info wasn't necessarily available. Just another bit that makes it dated...

the single 'Chinese Democracy' was possibly designed to aggravate the Chinese government should it's people get their hands on it. Releasing the song 10 years too late, resulted in zero impact.

the single 'Chinese Democracy' was possibly designed to aggravate the Chinese government should it's people get their hands on it. Releasing the song 10 years too late, resulted in zero impact.

odd pick for a first single

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

the single 'Chinese Democracy' was possibly designed to aggravate the Chinese government should it's people get their hands on it.

I would say its release as a single was more to do with the reality it's the title track, rocking and more radio friendly than other album candidates.

the single 'Chinese Democracy' was possibly designed to aggravate the Chinese government should it's people get their hands on it.

I would say its release as a single was more to do with the reality it's the title track, rocking and more radio friendly than other album candidates.

I dunno that it being the title track was any kind of factor, but the rest of it is pretty true, although it was pretty slim pickings on that regard...

odd pick for a first single

If they really believed in the first single (Chinese Democracy) they would have released it atleast 4 weeks prior to the album release along with a music video. I guess they could not have risked that, as if it bombed, the album would have been withheld.

China's on the up. They're on the road to being bigger than America. Times are a changing. In these times of recession Aston Martin and Porsche are doing a roaring trade, all thanks to the Chinese and their new found wealth wanting to buy buy buy. Mean while America is in debt to the tune of $1.4 trillion

God bless capitalism.

I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the posters on here that post daily on a forum of a band that hasn't put out an album that they have enjoyed in almost 20 years. So you hate what Axl has done with the name GnR.....you hate how he is operating his current band....you blame him for breaking up the old band....you think Slash is a God and does no wrong......you dislike the only album Axl has released in the last 20 years......but you still come to a GnR forum on a daily basis. Wow.

I loved the album Chinese Democracy...I prefer Axl over Slash....and I don't spend as much time on this forum as the Axl-haters do. That is insane.

If you spend more time bashing Axl on a GnR forum than you do talking about your God Slash on the VR or other Slash related forums....you have some serious issues.