Guns n Roses' fans need to be more like Deep Purple's

saber_

Yeah I noticed the similarities between DP and GNR a while ago and wrote about it on somewhere else...

Ian Paice is the only original member still playing with DP... the difference is the DP fans don't call their band as Paice's solo act

and a question:

Imagine a situation like this: the guitarist Ritchie Blackmore left DP in 1994. Let's say that he releases a new solo album (Blackmore's Night) and he puts there a cover/remix of Perfect Strangers song (1984) with rappers and a pop star on vocals.

Possible? What would the DP fans say?

Now think what Slash did.

Whilst this is true it's the Mk II lineup which is seen as the "classic" lineup and there are three out out of five members of that in the group.

There are similarities between Purple and Guns; revolving door of musicians, feud between singer and guitarist but Purple seem to have stabilised now, in fact they've had pretty much the same lineup since 93 apart from Jon Lord's amicable departure from the band and now and again he does shows with them.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

Imagine a situation like this: the guitarist Ritchie Blackmore left DP in 1994. Let's say that he releases a new solo album (Blackmore's Night) and he puts there a cover/remix of Perfect Strangers song (1984) with rappers and a pop star on vocals.

All hell would break loose if Blackmore did this.

People may be happy he were playing electric guitar again though. :lol:

I would be happy with a proper live DVD and some updates from Axl on regular intervals really. They don't have to go to Megadeth/Metallica-like lengths with bios, signature gear, forums etc on their forum(although it would be cool), but the basics would be awesome.

This x 1000.

Guest siliconmessiah

I would be happy with a proper live DVD and some updates from Axl on regular intervals really. They don't have to go to Megadeth/Metallica-like lengths with bios, signature gear, forums etc on their forum(although it would be cool), but the basics would be awesome.

This x 1000.

I agree.

I don´t need to know everything what´s going on in absolute, absolute detail.

But as Young_Gun says, a proper live-dvd and some continuous updates from Axl about the current situation/plans would be nice to have.

I don´t think that´s too much for the fans to ask from their favourite band either.

Edited by siliconmessiah

All hell would break loose if Blackmore did this.

All hell would break loose with whom? Deep Purple ceased being the real Deep Purple when Ritchie Blackmore left..........The current Deep Purple is nothing more than a tribute act that nobody gives a shit about other than hardcore fans much like NuGnR....Lets face it nobody other than geeks on the forums give a shit that Slash plays with Fergie...........

Disagree,that superbowl fiasco,and the desecration of Paradise City along with "all things considered" really killed any respect I had left for the guy.

Now,Guns N' Roses playing RIR,is epic! Slash is where and what he is due to his own choices.

This x 1000.

I agree.

I don´t need to know everything what´s going on in absolute, absolute detail.

But as Young_Gun says, a proper live-dvd and some continuous updates from Axl about the current situation/plans would be nice to have.

I don´t think that´s too much for the fans to ask from their favourite band either.

Why don't you email this original idea to them? I'm sure nobody has thought about this,and I'm sure they would appreciate such expert advice. :lol:

I'm no Deep Purple fan. I hear their big. About 3 years ago, while on holiday, just for something to do, a group of us went to see Deep Purple. They were playing an outside gig in a small football stadium, this was afterall Eastern Europe. The beer tent packed up from the word go, the pumps weren't working. Missed the first band, got to see half a set of the 2nd band, then Deep Purple took to the stage. From what I could gather, the lead singer does little. Sure he sung a few lyrics, but appeared to prefer clapping his hands in time to the beat. Their set lasted 1 hour, it seemed like less. The crowd boo'ed. My experience of Deep Purple was a shoddy one. Maybe they are too old these days? maybe they were good back in the day? maybe they were having an off day. Maybe everything went fine, and this is want Deep Purple fans expect :D

in order of formation:

Rolling Stones: 29 studio albums - since 1962, active for 49 years, and sold more than 200 million.

Aerosmith: 14 studio albums - since 1970, active for 41 years, and sold more than 150 million units of albums.

AC/DC: 19 studio albums - since 1973, active for 38 years, and sold more than 200 million.

Metallica: 9 studio albums - since 1981, active for 30 years, and sold more 100 million records.

Guns N Roses: 6 studio albums - since 1985, active for 26 years, and sold more than 100 million records.

so no, GNR does not need to increase the amount of albums, because it's way better than the rest of them.

but if it does, then the advantage of it over the other bands will increase even more.

because this is where the strength of GNR comes from.

meaning, it has released so few albums and it has been active less,

but it's up there with the rest of them (the most popular rock bands).

active means here existing since it's formation.

I don't care about the numbers, but they are good markers of reality.

that is, if GNR had been more productive in terms of studio albums, than the number of records sold would have been bigger,

but, if you think about the quality of albums of the rest of the bands,

then I say it's better to release just good albums, instead of in-fills.

and, speaking of AC/DC, to have 19 albums which more or less are just copy of an copy...

or Metallica which are the quintessence of a band playing as the wind blows, as in they invented a new music style,

because they were rushing out of the stage, as the crowed booed them! and then, when they thought of having enough money to lose fans, they created albums they said it was really what they were about, naming - Load, Reload and Garage inc.

and most recently coming back to the sound that made them popular, and declare that with the 3 named above they might have push the limit a little to far, meaning that now they retract their past affirmation, just that the fans would come back, well this is just spineless.

So, as one of us well put it,

we should be more GNR fans "."

and understand the fact that this band is one of the best bands in rock history.

that its music is meaningful.

that no other band at their pick of the game had the humility of putting out an album full of covers!

meaning that they had the sense of their roots, more or less, and that they did it just for fun,

just because they enjoyed playing those songs, and mostly to stir up, again the shit.

and just go with it, no matter who's at board, because it seems the players are capable of creating music in GNR style.

and I for one, like the way the sound of GNR had evolved over the years, because Appetite and Lies are kinda in the same range,

UYIs are on their own.

Spaghetti is a cover album.

and Chinese again it's on it's own.

but all of them are organic evolved from each other, since we can find within UYIs some songs based on the sounds of both Appetite and Lies, and in Chinese again sounds reminiscent from UYIs.

k. that's that on the this matter.

keep it up people!

luminous times ahead.

Purple Dregs puts on a good show though, they stole the day at Toronto's stage on Live 8

One could argue that having Blackmore's Night do Purple or Rainbow songs is sacrilege, and the hardcore fans get all up in arms about it all the time, let's face it, Candy sounds nothing like Coverdale, Dio or Gillan, but in the end, somebody somewhere enjoys it.

Blackmore did some Purple stuff with Pat Boone as well, he's not too hung up on the legacy stuff, will play it when he feels like playing it, with who he feels like playing it with.

Edited by moreblack

in order of formation:

Rolling Stones: 29 studio albums - since 1962, active for 49 years, and sold more than 200 million.

Aerosmith: 14 studio albums - since 1970, active for 41 years, and sold more than 150 million units of albums.

AC/DC: 19 studio albums - since 1973, active for 38 years, and sold more than 200 million.

Metallica: 9 studio albums - since 1981, active for 30 years, and sold more 100 million records.

Guns N Roses: 6 studio albums - since 1985, active for 26 years, and sold more than 100 million records.

so no, GNR does not need to increase the amount of albums, because it's way better than the rest of them.

but if it does, then the advantage of it over the other bands will increase even more.

because this is where the strength of GNR comes from.

meaning, it has released so few albums and it has been active less,

but it's up there with the rest of them (the most popular rock bands).

active means here existing since it's formation.

I don't care about the numbers, but they are good markers of reality.

that is, if GNR had been more productive in terms of studio albums, than the number of records sold would have been bigger,

but, if you think about the quality of albums of the rest of the bands,

then I say it's better to release just good albums, instead of in-fills.

and, speaking of AC/DC, to have 19 albums which more or less are just copy of an copy...

or Metallica which are the quintessence of a band playing as the wind blows, as in they invented a new music style,

because they were rushing out of the stage, as the crowed booed them! and then, when they thought of having enough money to lose fans, they created albums they said it was really what they were about, naming - Load, Reload and Garage inc.

and most recently coming back to the sound that made them popular, and declare that with the 3 named above they might have push the limit a little to far, meaning that now they retract their past affirmation, just that the fans would come back, well this is just spineless.

So, as one of us well put it,

we should be more GNR fans "."

and understand the fact that this band is one of the best bands in rock history.

that its music is meaningful.

that no other band at their pick of the game had the humility of putting out an album full of covers!

meaning that they had the sense of their roots, more or less, and that they did it just for fun,

just because they enjoyed playing those songs, and mostly to stir up, again the shit.

and just go with it, no matter who's at board, because it seems the players are capable of creating music in GNR style.

and I for one, like the way the sound of GNR had evolved over the years, because Appetite and Lies are kinda in the same range,

UYIs are on their own.

Spaghetti is a cover album.

and Chinese again it's on it's own.

but all of them are organic evolved from each other, since we can find within UYIs some songs based on the sounds of both Appetite and Lies, and in Chinese again sounds reminiscent from UYIs.

k. that's that on the this matter.

keep it up people!

luminous times ahead.

That should read 'kind of active for 26 years - In an on off kinda way..' :D