maximum

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STORY BRO

"I am not attorney"

/thread

You blindly defend Axl Rose, which in most times leads to poor content of your own posts.

That is your opinion, I don't believe that is true though I am not blindly defending anyone here. This could have been anyone suing anyone, I think he has a case, will he win? Fucked if I know but I think he has grounds for sure...

No offense, but did you actually digest the OP's post, at all? Or did you just read "I am not attorney" and dismiss the entire post, because none of your discussion has been relevant to it and your tract record for pro-axl is fairly high.

STORY BRO

"I am not attorney"

/thread

You blindly defend Axl Rose, which in most times leads to poor content of your own posts.

That is your opinion, I don't believe that is true though I am not blindly defending anyone here. This could have been anyone suing anyone, I think he has a case, will he win? Fucked if I know but I think he has grounds for sure...

No offense, but did you actually digest the OP's post, at all? Or did you just read "I am not attorney" and dismiss the entire post, because none of your discussion has been relevant to it and your tract record for pro-axl is fairly high.

Yes I read it and already replied that you can find problems with any case. Fuck murder cases get messed up all the time! I am not saying the case is perfect but to discount the case by saying he won't win is kinda silly as well. My opinion is he has a case, a good one? Not sure myself but I get the case and why it was brought forward. Winning does not matter when you are fighting against people using your name for their own $

Fuck me, nothing better to do pal?

Win or lose, he doesn't give a shit, it's the principal of the matter.

If it is in writing that the 'Slash brand' is not to be used in any obvious way to promote the game then he has a case. If not then he doesn't. Simple. don't need a law degree for that.

how could winning not possibly matter? Principal is not going to pay those lawyer fees and recoup the time wasted by the courts...

Axl's life will not change if he loses.....however activision and $la$h will be exposed as the frauds that they are win or loose.

By the way I dont think Ax needs to waste time in court....thats why he has lawyers.

Edited by volcano62

how could winning not possibly matter? Principal is not going to pay those lawyer fees and recoup the time wasted by the courts...

Axl's life will not change if he loses.....however activision and $la$h will be exposed as the frauds that they are win or loose.

yeah, that's what'll happen... :rolleyes:

Wheather Axl has a case or not I have no idea.

But this is one fact most can't deny Axl has been sued so many time, does Axl himself ever dicuss, complain or whatever??? NO!!!!

And as soon as he sues about GHIII which has Slash tied to it then the media is all over it????? I am not saying Slash has complained but he don't have to the media has done it all ready by ripping the hell out of Axl.

To me he isn't getting a fair shake in the media and that is why he doesn't use the media for anything. Which is a double edge sword, he does nothing for them then they are going to shit on him no matter what happens, it's just the nature of the beast and his dicission

All one can say about Axl he does things his way no matter what is thought about him in doing so. He don't care if it will be seen as him being nothing more than an ass. He will not bend for anyone for better or worse that is the way he is and should be respected.

With that said I have no problem with Slash doing what he does in trying to be as visable as possible but at the end of the day wheather you agree or not, if that is what he WANTS he is intilted to do it!!

People may or may not agree with either of them do but they are ones who make those chooses for themselves not me, you or anyone else.

Because it is better to stand your ground and fight for what you think is right then have anyone, anytime do what they want with your brand.

Because it is better to stand your ground and fight for what you think is right then have anyone, anytime do what they want with your brand.

He's a fucking musician. :rolleyes:

Yes and has a right to his works. Of course you are saying Activision has a right to Guns N' Roses music and can use it as they see fit? That blows my mind!

Slash wrote Jungle (well, they all had a hand in it), so why shouldn't he be able to be associated with the song? Either way Axl and the rest of the original line-up are getting their royalties for it. Whether Axl likes it or not, people will always associate Slash with Guns N' Roses. It's a big waste of time to sue a video game company because they included Slash as a playable character in their GUITAR game where you could battle out to Jungle. Bottom line - who cares?

+1000

Yes and has a right to his works. Of course you are saying Activision has a right to Guns N' Roses music and can use it as they see fit? That blows my mind!

As far as substantial news goes, the last 15 years has been more related to lawsuits and fines than actual music. FACT

Axl is SOOOO full of shit. when he feels like he's lost something, he sues! He sued geffen to stop the release of Greatest Hits,

He sues Former band members, he sued his manager Azoff, Now he sues Activsion. I'm sick of his stupidity. Thinking Axl

will stop sueing people everythime he "thinks" he's been wronged is like thinking Steven will stop doing drugs every time he gets wasted. It just isn't going to happen. so why waste our time?

It's a big waste of time to sue a video game company because they included Slash as a playable character in their GUITAR game where you could battle out to Jungle. Bottom line - who cares?

It's not your time that is being wasted... so why do you care?

When someone undertakes a business agreement and a contract is made, and one of the parties breaks that contract, there are consequences. Your opinion (and others on here) that Slash earned his right to be associated with the song is moot, ridiculous and childish. This is a legal matter, it has nothing to do with any of that nonsense. Axl Rose controls the licensing rights to Guns N Roses songs. He chose to license it to a computer game under certain conditions. These conditions were agreed to by Actvision, then knowingly broken and disregarded - that's all there is to it.

Edited by axl8302

That may be true, but it's his cash, so why does it affect you so much?

I personally don't give two flying fucks who wins this case, to me it doesn't even matter....i'm not going to build a case about it and spread my word about how Axl is going to win or lose, I have better things to do with my time. I applaud Axl for not letting anyone continue to try to make money off of the bands name or music....anymore.

If I wanted to play lawyer on the celebrities personal situations, I'd join TMZ! :devil:

Edited by deadpool89

I applaud your effort.

At least you took the time to explain your arguements, unlike so many here, and to those who posted above me, SUCK A DICK......Geezuz!!

Only Axl Rose could single-handedly, turn his fanbase against each other. **shakes head in disgust**

That is a weird statement then the same can be said for the other band members of Guns past no? Only Axl? nice try...

and as far as explaining arguments mine goes like this: I am not a lawyer either and I am sure most cases are less than perfect by anyone yet this explanation right here is very loose IMO. No biggy dude is entitled to it.

Sure it can, but that isn't the point.

I'm not saying the dude is right, but that "Cool Story Bro" "/thread" shit is stupid and childish. If you think the guy is wrong tell him why?

Couldn't agree more. It's become very monotonous and old from seeing it in so many threads.

The point of a discussion forum is to, well, have a discussion. Kind of hard to do that with "/thread" kind of comments which don't ignite further discussion or lead to any good arguments. Granted, some threads really do deserve comments like that (Axl's shoe size, anyone?) but in general, a well thought out thread like this could have good discussion going with the reasoning behind our thoughts of the lawsuit.

I didn't read everything as it was this comment I wanted to reply to, but here's my input:

Slash wrote Jungle (well, they all had a hand in it), so why shouldn't he be able to be associated with the song? Either way Axl and the rest of the original line-up are getting their royalties for it. Whether Axl likes it or not, people will always associate Slash with Guns N' Roses. It's a big waste of time to sue a video game company because they included Slash as a playable character in their GUITAR game where you could battle out to Jungle. Bottom line - who cares?

I think the main thrust of the suit is not saying that Slash doesn't have the right to be associated with WTTJ. I think Axl's position is that if that was the angle they were going for he would rather not participate.

Unless Axl was smart enough to have his demands/requirements written into the contract he signed with Activision, he doesn't stand a chance. If he was naive enough to take somebody's word, well then that's just fucking stupid on Axl's part. He's been in this business for over 20 years now, he's gotta know that most people's word doesn't mean shit in business, it's all about the bottom line....

Unless Axl was smart enough to have his demands/requirements written into the contract he signed with Activision, he doesn't stand a chance. If he was naive enough to take somebody's word, well then that's just fucking stupid on Axl's part. He's been in this business for over 20 years now, he's gotta know that most people's word doesn't mean shit in business, it's all about the bottom line....

Something doesn't necessarily have to be written down for it to be contractually binding.

I haven't read the complaint, but if it's anything like the one against Azoff, it will (if nothing else) be a highly entertaining read.

In a way (as much as I love Slash), I really did think that the whole Guitar "Hero" thing went a bit too far. Even though I kinda guiltily enjoyed playing it and seeing Slash on the screen, a part of me kinda thought "...really?" If that's how a fan thinks, then I guess a band member who has a particular idea of a band (one that he's still in) and what he wants it to represent would feel a lot more strongly about it. We trivialise it, but this is Axl's band, his identity. Maybe he doesn't want it to be assosciated with a kinda cheesy animated video game "boss". I do see how he could feel it would detract from their image.

Even if he loses, I get where Axl is coming from with this.

Something doesn't necessarily have to be written down for it to be contractually binding.

I haven't read the complaint, but if it's anything like the one against Azoff, it will (if nothing else) be a highly entertaining read.

In a way (as much as I love Slash), I really did think that the whole Guitar "Hero" thing went a bit too far. Even though I kinda guiltily enjoyed playing it and seeing Slash on the screen, a part of me kinda thought "...really?" If that's how a fan thinks, then I guess a band member who has a particular idea of a band (one that he's still in) and what he wants it to represent would feel a lot more strongly about it. We trivialise it, but this is Axl's band, his identity. Maybe he doesn't want it to be assosciated with a kinda cheesy animated video game "boss". I do see how he could feel it would detract from their image.

Even if he loses, I get where Axl is coming from with this.

If you enjoyed the Azoff complaint, you'll love this one.

I don't believe the issue is the use of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' it's more pertaining to the fact that Axl owns and manages the name, brand and likeliness of "Guns N' Roses." As it is my understanding, Axl's objection is the use of a Guns N' Roses song that requires the use of the Guns N' Roses brand that ties in any way to former members such as Slash. The argument isn't whether Slash or other former members have rights to material that they're responsible for - the issue is the use of the Guns N' Roses moniker and how it is applied.

Axl's contention is that he signed off on using 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and by proxy the use of the Guns N' Roses name and brand, only on condition that former members not be associated with it. Since he owns the name Guns N' Roses, he can do as he likes. If Activision agreed to this, and then subsequently included and used Slash in GH3, then they are in violation of their agreement with Axl and are thus held financially responsible. Owning Guns N' Roses allows Axl to use the name and brand as he sees fit. Whether you, Slash or Activision disagrees with his use of the brand isn't relevant. He could have said, "I don't want any dancing bananas included if you are to use the Guns N' Roses name in your game" and Activision would have to comply if they were to agree to his terms. That the object of Axl's objection is Slash is irrelevant.

I can't speak for Axl, but I think it's assured that he isn't interested in padding Slash's pocket any more than he already has to through shared song royalties. What Axl is arguing here is that his agreement to allow Welcome to the Jungle to be used in GH3 allowed both Slash and Velvet Revolver to financially benefit; something he would not have lent the Guns N' Roses brand had he known that Slash would become the de facto mascot and VR would be allowed to sell their songs for financial gain.

What I find more interesting is how little the public realizes how much vitriol there exists within Axl towards Slash. I think most people think they went their separate ways and aren't fully aware that Axl wants absolutely nothing to do with his former bandmate. Anyone here who's followed this band and Axl knows that this lawsuit wasn't a complete surprise. Axl will always object to any further association of Slash with Guns N' Roses and anyone attempting to do so will likely face his wrath via a rant or litigation.

Cheers,

Andrew

Well said, couldnt Agree more.

Thanks Andrew