Is Axl scared to put out the next album?

Nick85

Does anyone think that after everything that went down with Chinese Democracy's release, that Axl is now scared to put out similar material, aka CD II??

For someone that initially wanted to release the albums a year apart, the ongoing silence from Axl regarding the follow up album is somewhat troubling.

I wish he'd just have faith in the songs he and the others have recorded and release the album for the fans, not the critics. He'll never be able to please everyone anyway. :shrugs:

I don't think it's fear. I think hopefully after a US tour is done, they can move on to finish the next record.

Ali

Yeah, something tells me that's what he's holding out for as well. But at this point, it would be so silly to tour the states again under the "Chinese Democracy Tour" banner. Delaying the next album for that seems pretty pointless to me.

I don't get why the next album and U.S. tour can't go hand in hand. It seems like it's probably their best bet at a more successful tour anyway.

I don't think it's fear. I think hopefully after a US tour is done, they can move on to finish the next record.

Ali

Yeah, something tells me that's what he's holding out for as well. But at this point, it would be so silly to tour the states again under the "Chinese Democracy Tour" banner. Delaying the next album for that seems pretty pointless to me.

I don't get why the next album and U.S. tour can't go hand in hand. It seems like it's probably their best bet at a more successful tour anyway.

Maybe it will go hand in hand? We don't know that one way or the other yet.

I dunno, going by DJ's recent interview, it doesn't look like anything's planned yet in regard to an upcoming release. Unless Axl's playing his cards close to his chest in regard to what he's telling the other guys, they all seem kinda clueless about what's gonna happen next, other than saying that Axl's got 'three albums of material up his sleeves'.

We've been hearing stuff like that since 1999.

Don't think he's scared, but of course there's a lot of work to do under such huge pressure to put out exactly the right album (right for him).

But why not take Axl's old advice again...

If you're waiting ... don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility, not mine. ... But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus. I hear the pay-off may be that much greater.'

That quote always made me wonder if Axl had taken up Christianity while he was a recluse during 1995-2000. The expensive big crosses he wears and his collection of crucifixes further points to that notion.

Don't think he's scared, but of course there's a lot of work to do under such huge pressure to put out exactly the right album (right for him).

But why not take Axl's old advice again...

If you're waiting ... don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility, not mine. ... But if you're really into waiting, try holding your breath for Jesus. I hear the pay-off may be that much greater.'

That quote always made me wonder if Axl had taken up Christianity while he was a recluse during 1995-2000. The expensive big crosses he wears and his collection of crucifixes further points to that notion.

I doubt that very much

it would be stupid, in the USA at least to have a new album under the CD name imo

CD2 is just a nickname the fans have given the next album, since it (if it ever comes out) contains tracks that were written & recorded during the Chinese Democracy sessions. I'm sure it will have a unique title.

On topic, I still believe that if Axl and the label were seriously confident in the remaining tracks that we'd have them on our itunes by now. I'm sure they're awesome, but I hope that the constant tinkering that delayed (and was allegedly forced) on CD for years doesn't happen to these tracks as well.

Edited by sofine11

Doubt there's much to put out = Nothing to be scared about

All I see in the future is one off gig's here and there, the never ending CD tour, packed with tracks from the past to keep fans happy (as Axl puts it).

Edited by star

All I see in the future is one off gig's here and there, the never ending CD tour, packed with tracks from the past to keep fans happy (as Axl puts it).

Another magically psychic piece of supposition without substance :rolleyes:

I dunno, going by DJ's recent interview, it doesn't look like anything's planned yet in regard to an upcoming release. Unless Axl's playing his cards close to his chest in regard to what he's telling the other guys, they all seem kinda clueless about what's gonna happen next, other than saying that Axl's got 'three albums of material up his sleeves'.

We've been hearing stuff like that since 1999.

very true, and i always wonder why axl doesnt release this stuff sooner then later because hes not exactly young anymore, i know he can still sing pretty well now but is that gonna hold up in a few years? lets hope so if hes not gonna be putting out another album for awhile

Ali

A US tour without a new album would be the stupidest thing he could do. Chinese Democracy tanked in the US. If he starts a tour there 3 or 4 years after CD came out he will just get ridiculed in the press and the tour will bomb. It's new album or nothing time.

Edited by ITW 2012

When has Axl ever been scared of something? You people call yourselves fans. *headshake*

Are you kidding? :shock:

Let me let you in a little secrect: Axl is a human being. Some of you need to learn how to separate the art from the artist. You can be supportive of the art they produce, but obsessing and turning him into some kind of demi-god who fears nothing and can do no wrong is ludicrous as it is scary.

Based o what I have read he did not even want to release ChiDem when he did....the bloom is off the rose so to speak so if the next album is nothing but old ChiDem leftovers the U.S will not be the only place it fails to sell this time.............

I don't know where the he'll you're getting that from. He was unhappy with the booklet that was released, but there is no indication that he was unhappy with the chosen release date.

Ali

I really don't understand why fans who have understod how Axl works would think all of a sudden he

would throw out new CD's and new tours. When he has never given us a reason to have that much

faith in him. I expect nothing from the man, except for him to do whatever he feels like.

Another magically psychic piece of supposition without substance :rolleyes:

It's obviously Star's opinion :rolleyes: