Is Axl scared to put out the next album?

Nick85

I dunno, going by DJ's recent interview, it doesn't look like anything's planned yet in regard to an upcoming release. Unless Axl's playing his cards close to his chest in regard to what he's telling the other guys, they all seem kinda clueless about what's gonna happen next, other than saying that Axl's got 'three albums of material up his sleeves'.

We've been hearing stuff like that since 1999.

very true, and i always wonder why axl doesnt release this stuff sooner then later because hes not exactly young anymore, i know he can still sing pretty well now but is that gonna hold up in a few years? lets hope so if hes not gonna be putting out another album for awhile

I agree. I thnik they should release a new album later this year after debuting some new song's at Rio. After that tour the US for the winter and early 2012 to promote, then take another break.

Well, why after this spesific tour? CDworldtour 5..

There's not a thing that leads to an album release anytime soon, even though it could be next month for all we know.

I don't think the next album will come out this year. Maybe next year, but probably not.

I think he wants to release this with his full input and touch on everything, and not rushed out by the record company, like CD was....granted after so long, the record company had a right to do it, but it was not the right thing to do.

I believe Axl cares enough about the name of the band and his fans to see that they get his 100% finished product in the end...and by me belieing that, I can wait, I waited for CD, this will be a cake walk! B)

A,I,F,

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I would actually say Axl effectively watching TV when Chinese Democracy eventually came out suggested an element of fear (in terms of the enormity of the whole thing) however Dj Ashbas positive vibes appear to have Axl very optimistic (fear seems to be one of the lesser, more controllable obstacles in the path to part II).

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Guest siliconmessiah

I don´t think he´s scared at all. Why would he?

But I think he´s not to keen to release music anymore, just record it, and that´s not in the interest of the fans. =/

But hopefully this´ll change if they can push a new album out in september/october and tour the shit out of it.

they should put out fast aggressive album of rockers out, call it CD II, continue with the no promo in earnest, leak Soulmonster before Rio and start US tour.

This made me burst out into the biggest laughs in a while! =)

Edited by siliconmessiah

IF there is a release in the future we will here some new songs coming out of the South America tour. I think Axl since back in the UYI days likes to tour for a few months before dropping an album.

I think you can take what happened with CD and throw it out the window as far as the numerous tour and delayed releases date. I think it was done in 2002 and something fucked up the release.

If we don't hear any new songs I think it is a really safe bet that no album release is planned.

As far as Axl and his religious views it goes back futher than when he went AOL, the Estranged video in the scene where he is walking in his house it show a huge cross displaying the crucifiction. Which I read was not a prop it was his.

Doubt there's much to put out = Nothing to be scared about

All I see in the future is one off gig's here and there, the never ending CD tour, packed with tracks from the past to keep fans happy (as Axl puts it).

Another magically psychic piece of supposition without substance :rolleyes:

To be fair, there's not much else to go on other that rumours :D

Edited by star

All I see in the future is one off gig's here and there, the never ending CD tour, packed with tracks from the past to keep fans happy (as Axl puts it).

It's obviously Star's opinion :rolleyes:

Ya think? Thanks for the enlightenment :rolleyes:

As far as the topic matter,"scared?" Hell No!!!

To be fair, there's not much else to go on other that rumours :D

Agreed Star,didn't intend to come off harsh.The good news is there are gigs scheduled for this year,and the Azoff/Ticketbastard conflict is settled,this is encouraging news.

I do believe there is more unreleased music,and Timing rather than any kind of "fear" will dictate when its released. :)

Nope. I highly doubt GNR give a fuck about what others think or want. I wholeheartedly believe that they will put out a new disc when THEY are personally pleased with it thoroughly. Then when they release it, if others dig it, it's an added bonus.

IMO Axl has opposing wishes. He does not want the insane fame he had in the early 90's, hence his withdrawal afterwards. But he wants to make music, so he straddles the fence on things. Also that's why he does not tour the US or put forth any effort in the US in promotion: first because he doesn't have to - he is already wealthy, plus he lives here and would like to go get a cup of coffee without being rampaged. Maybe this is 100% wrong but unless he says so, we have no idea.

Are you kidding? :shock:

Oh gimme a fuckin break. You know what I meant.

Let me let you in a little secret

No thanks.

Axl is a human being.

That is profound. I'm blown away. You are truly an intellectual philosophical existential mastermind.

Some of you need to learn how to separate the art from the artist.

Some of you need to learn how to separate a guns n roses internet message board from the real world. Is this thread srs bzns? I mean, is it deeply meaningful and insightful, full of deep thoughts and revelations? No, it's a fuckin thread on a guns n roses internet messageboard, where Axl himself has come on here to bullshit with all the denizens of this board. So spare me all the cooler-than-thou bullshit.

You can be supportive of the art they produce, but obsessing and turning him into some kind of demi-god who fears nothing and can do no wrong is ludicrous as it is scary.

Quite frankly, you're a moron. I'm sorry, but manifesting wild telepathic delusions just shows how removed from reality you really are. You don't know what I'm thinking.

#1: I'm not obsessing. You're the one with 3 thousand posts and 100's of debbie downer whining extravaganzas. Seriously, you drive the whambulance around here.

#2: I'm not turning him into a demi-god. You just have no sense of humor and take everything so seriously. Axl has more of a sense of humor than you do. Owned.

#3: I'M NOT BEING LITERAL WHEN I SAY HE'S NOT SCARED OF ANYTHING. Please, please, I beg you... get that through your fucking skull. But hey, way to go interpreting what I said like this is SRS BZNS!

#4: You're the one who's ludicrous and scary with your behavior on here. Seriously, you're the negativist obsessor. Don't be hypocritical, mmk?l. =b

Edited by mindsaber

Are you kidding? :shock:

Oh gimme a fuckin break. You know what I meant.

Let me let you in a little secret

No thanks.

Axl is a human being.

That is profound. I'm blown away. You are truly an intellectual philosophical existential mastermind.

Some of you need to learn how to separate the art from the artist.

Some of you need to learn how to separate a guns n roses internet message board from the real world. Is this thread srs bzns? I mean, is it deeply meaningful and insightful, full of deep thoughts and revelations? No, it's a fuckin thread on a guns n roses internet messageboard, where Axl himself has come on here to bullshit with all the denizens of this board. So spare me all the cooler-than-thou bullshit.

You can be supportive of the art they produce, but obsessing and turning him into some kind of demi-god who fears nothing and can do no wrong is ludicrous as it is scary.

Quite frankly, you're a moron. I'm sorry, but manifesting wild telepathic delusions just shows how removed from reality you really are. You don't know what I'm thinking.

#1: I'm not obsessing. You're the one with 3 thousand posts and 100's of debbie downer whining extravaganzas. Seriously, you drive the whambulance around here.

#2: I'm not turning him into a demi-god. You just have no sense of humor and take everything so seriously. Axl has more of a sense of humor than you do. Owned.

#3: I'M NOT BEING LITERAL WHEN I SAY HE'S NOT SCARED OF ANYTHING. Please, please, I beg you... get that through your fucking skull. But hey, way to go interpreting what I said like this is SRS BZNS!

#4: You're the one who's ludicrous and scary with your behavior on here. Seriously, you're the negativist obsessor. Don't be hypocritical, mmk?l. =b

Fucking brilliant!!! :thumbsup:

IMO Axl has opposing wishes. He does not want the insane fame he had in the early 90's, hence his withdrawal afterwards. But he wants to make music, so he straddles the fence on things. Also that's why he does not tour the US or put forth any effort in the US in promotion: first because he doesn't have to - he is already wealthy, plus he lives here and would like to go get a cup of coffee without being rampaged. Maybe this is 100% wrong but unless he says so, we have no idea.

I think there must be element of this. Just not as excited by it anymore. like doing any interview that he can to talk about favorite pet food. He was maybe too open at first. videos I don't know they made a ton of them but you need a budget to make one. I see UYI as their sell out era, they went for the mainstream on all fronts. CD doesn't have two covers of rock classics or videos to back it up, it's really just a play for integrity and artistry. How do you have a song like Prostitute then do a MTV video for it with naked chicks and pirates running around?

How do you have a song like Prostitute then do a MTV video for it with naked chicks and pirates running around?

Could try it without the naked chicks since the prostitute in the song is Axl himself. Maybe a nude Axl video? Kind of like Don't Cry without the green body paint.

Does anyone think that after everything that went down with Chinese Democracy's release, that Axl is now scared to put out similar material, aka CD II??

For someone that initially wanted to release the albums a year apart, the ongoing silence from Axl regarding the follow up album is somewhat troubling.

I wish he'd just have faith in the songs he and the others have recorded and release the album for the fans, not the critics. He'll never be able to please everyone anyway. :shrugs:

I think so, just like he had been scared for 10 years to putting out Chinese Democracy, or just like he is scared to put out any new video.

How do you have a song like Prostitute then do a MTV video for it with naked chicks and pirates running around?

Could try it without the naked chicks since the prostitute in the song is Axl himself. Maybe a nude Axl video? Kind of like Don't Cry without the green body paint.

Nonetheless, isn't Axl the "I-don't-give-a-fuck-about-nobody-or-no-one-guy"? Then why should him care whether the video will be on MTV or not?

Guest siliconmessiah

Axl Rose has only been trolling with this new band and the chinese democracy world tour.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I just think unless he can do exactly the vid he wants he won't just do one to promote the single with scantily clad women or pirates. but maybe if Axl got nekid that would eschew the stereotype like John n Yoko on Two Virgins cover.