Chinese Democracy - $1.95 on Amazon.Com

SONOFABITCH

Oh c'mon SONOFABITCH... are you too much of a pussy to post the sales totals for Chinese Democracy? You probably don't even know what "platinum in multiple countries" means anyway. Of course we all know you're even more chickenshit to post Velvet Revolver's sales totals.

lmao @ attempted implied spin by the thread creator. FAIL

Edited by mindsaber

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh c'mon SONOFABITCH... are you too much of a pussy to post the sales totals for Chinese Democracy? You probably don't even know what "platinum in multiple countries" means anyway. Of course we all know you're even more chickenshit to post Velvet Revolver's sales totals.

lmao @ attempted implied spin by the thread creator. FAIL

Sales don't mean anything. By your philosophy Justin Bieber would be the greatest. VR has nothing to do with this thread. You type really tough for a typer.

So sales mean nothing, but purchase price does? Please explain.

I love how reporting this low cost is considered trolling to some here. Jeez, talk about overly sensitive. It is news that Best Buy no longer sells CD online and Amazon is selling it for a $1.95. Some of you are acting like spoiled whiney little brats. It isn't my fault the CD is so cheap. Let's get back on topic here please. I want to discuss the $1.95 price of Chinese Democracy, not draw attention to other forums or Slash. $1.95 is certainly an affordable price.

Cut the crap. You weren't "reporting" anything. You were intentionally trying to provoke a reaction. Well, you got it. Mission accomplished. Enjoy the fruits of your labor and actually try owning what it was that you were actually doing - trolling.

Sales don't mean anything.

Your whole speech in the first post is about sales :rolleyes:

No shit. What a short memory.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Some of you really do live in la la land. By now it's clearly evident that Chinese Democracy flopped but you all can't let that go. Yeah it sold so many copies worldwide. In the beginning. Let's not forget the 15 year history of the record. Once it was released, people were curious. Curiousity led to sales. Then it flat lined. Period. It was a flop. And just to be fair I'll "deflect my apparent denial" by saying Slash's solo album flopped too, and it sucked. But at least Velvet Revolver had an impressive debut and it didn't take them 14 or 15 fucking years to accomplish that. The album is just a little bit over two and a half years old. If Best Buy is pratically giving the fucking album away because "the album is fine, they just need to clear stock for something new" then why are Appetite, Lies, both UYIs, and even the fucking Spaghetti Incident priced higher than Chinese? I'll give it to you Axl ass kissers though, you sure do know how to make the best out of ridiculously bad situations.

Maybe you chose to ignore it, but earlier I admitted that CD's sales in the US were well under expectations due to poor marketing. Both by the record company, managers and Guns N' Roses themselves.

Let me ask you this: What's the point of this thread really? Do you really think the original poster was out to get a good discussion on the subject? (What's really to discuss anyway, the facts are pretty clear...)

The only thing that's worth discussing maybe is why Best Buy completely removed Chinese from their website when they still have units in stock. That's not normal, and please don't come with the tired phrase - "Because it sucks". It's not like retail stores with enormous catalogs of albums are sitting there, rating the albums by the quality of music and then decides what they're going to sell. Couldn't be sales numbers either, since most of their albums were less successful than Chinese (it sold what? 700.000?). There's something else behind this.

Some of you really do live in la la land. By now it's clearly evident that Chinese Democracy flopped but you all can't let that go. Yeah it sold so many copies worldwide. In the beginning. Let's not forget the 15 year history of the record. Once it was released, people were curious. Curiousity led to sales. Then it flat lined. Period. It was a flop. And just to be fair I'll "deflect my apparent denial" by saying Slash's solo album flopped too, and it sucked. But at least Velvet Revolver had an impressive debut and it didn't take them 14 or 15 fucking years to accomplish that. The album is just a little bit over two and a half years old. If Best Buy is pratically giving the fucking album away because "the album is fine, they just need to clear stock for something new" then why are Appetite, Lies, both UYIs, and even the fucking Spaghetti Incident priced higher than Chinese? I'll give it to you Axl ass kissers though, you sure do know how to make the best out of ridiculously bad situations.

I'm still trying to figure out what Slash and VR have to do with Chinese Democracy and Nu-Guns. Two completely different bands.

Edited by packersnroses

Rather be "saul" then swallowing Axl's load all the time. It's cool if you all want to float on cotton candy clouds and go for rides on unicorns where Nuguns dominated the fairytale land with Chinese Democracy. I just thought I'd be kind enough to offer you all a reality check here and there.

Reality check? Try the people who can't let go of the past.

You either like the current Guns N' Roses or you don't. If you don't, why the hell bother to stir shit with the fans of today's lineup, constantly telling people what to think and everything that's wrong with the band. What's the point really?

Slash, Duff, Steven (to some extent) and Izzy have all given their support for the new band and Axl.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Once it was released, people were curious. Curiousity led to sales. Then it flat lined.

Disputable. “Chinese Democracy” re-entered the Billboard chart in April (this highlights the reality many people were still very prejudiced). The mentality was essentially “not Guns N’ Roses apparently so only when the price is pittens will I consider purchase”. “Chinese Democracy” can’t really be judged commercially considering most people applied illegitimate opinions perpetuated by word of mouth as opposed to their own ears.

Well if it isn't the great Ali. Your posts are so predictable. You'll never be backstage which is even more pathetic due to the blind swinging you do from Axl's lower regions. I will pay you $1.95 to stop posting.

Nice deflection. I see that rather than be honest and say, "yes, I was trying to provoke a response or take a dig at the new band and the fans of it" you attacked me and avoided the issue altogether.

Yes, that's right, I'm trying to get backstage by calling you out on your attempt at trolling. You cracked the case on this one, detective. :rolleyes:

Ali

Can we all agree Chinese Democracy is a lost cause in America. The albums been shit on so much it's almost been blacklisted.

Good to hear BestBuy have washed their hands of it, they fucked it up since day 1 but kudos to them for getting it back into the billboard 200 one last time a few months back.

The albums brilliant but it never stood a chance in the US thanks to Axl and whoever arranged that cash in hand bestbuy deal, the music was never put first. I doubt you could give copies out free in the street at this stage in the game. A tragedy.

At least it got a fair shake around the rest in the world and that's reflected in it's strong sales everywhere else but America

Well if it isn't the great Ali. Your posts are so predictable. You'll never be backstage which is even more pathetic due to the blind swinging you do from Axl's lower regions. I will pay you $1.95 to stop posting.

Now I've heard it all. A poster that has his tongue so far up Slash's ass that he can lick his tonsils, is asking a supporter of Guns n' Roses to quit posting in a Guns n' Roses forum.

The stupidity behind that is off the charts.

Here are some nice Slash forums for you so you don't have to listen to Guns n' Roses fans.

http://www.slashsworld.com/backstage/discussions/p1

Good day.

Now I've heard it all. A poster that has his tongue so far up Slash's ass that he can lick his tonsils, is asking a supporter of Guns n' Roses to quit posting in a Guns n' Roses forum.

Here are some nice Slash forums for you so you don't have to listen to Guns n' Roses fans.

Good day.

What does Slash have to do with the cost of Chinese Democracy? Granted if Slash was on the record it would probably be selling for a lot more money, but still, Slash has nothing to do with this. Why you mad, bro?

YOU are the one who brought Slash into the equation. Or, have you forgot you made this statement, "Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese"?

Ali

Good day.

What does Slash have to do with the cost of Chinese Democracy? Granted if Slash was on the record it would probably be selling for a lot more money, but still, Slash has nothing to do with this. Why you mad, bro?

YOU are the one who brought Slash into the equation. Or, have you forgot you made this statement, "Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese"?

Ali

He'll conveniently disregard that Ali, once he's owned he goes underground.

Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese.

You really are a jackass.

Good day.

I'm not mad, bro. I'm just baffled by what you're doing here. I was nice enough to provide you with a link that you could follow to find a whole group of people just like you, but you're still here. I know that you don't like the fact that Axl replaced your favorite hired hand with more capable hired hands, but that doesn't mean you should cling to the past. Let it go and move on. Throw in your Velvet Revolver CD and enjoy life.

Multi plantinum in other countries is not the same as multi plantinum here. 5 million worldwide (which if indeed the real number) is not THAT impressive especially considering the history. And again, curiosity was abound in the beginning, and then what happened after is...pretty evident.

5 million is pretty successful considering the only promotion the album had 30 seconds commercial's and Axl on the forums, that's really it. It's also the time of illegal download's, iTunes, and they streamed the full album on their MySpece.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

less than 700,000 in the US..

GOD DAMN, there are a few fuckers here who just constantly fight and bitch day in and day out. i don't understand why some of you even come here. GO AWAY if you're just going to bitch and moan every single fucking day. WHY ARE YOU HERE? :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

(and i'm not saying this to any one person in general, just to the "angry mob" mentality that is wrecking these boards.)

Edited by nambis

Guest gunns5

GOD DAMN, there are a few fuckers here who just constantly fight and bitch day in and day out. i don't understand why some of you even come here. GO AWAY if you're just going to bitch and moan every single fucking day. WHY ARE YOU HERE? :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou:

(and i'm not saying this to any one person in general, just to the "angry mob" mentality that is wrecking these boards.)

what do you expect when the mods allow to have this shit posted here?

and then when it gets worse it STILL stays in the main section

^^why don't the mods start deleting this crap, then? seriously, it's wrecking the forums, and it's getting worse and worse. :shrugs:

It's actually quite good right now..

It's really the OP and a one or two others that insist on being annoyingly negative, Ok CD is 1.95, thanks for telling us, might buy a few more copies