Chinese Democracy - $1.95 on Amazon.Com

SONOFABITCH

I love how reporting this low cost is considered trolling to some here. Jeez, talk about overly sensitive. It is news that Best Buy no longer sells CD online and Amazon is selling it for a $1.95. Some of you are acting like spoiled whiney little brats. It isn't my fault the CD is so cheap. Let's get back on topic here please. I want to discuss the $1.95 price of Chinese Democracy, not draw attention to other forums or Slash. $1.95 is certainly an affordable price.

Didnt realise that Bestbuy is no longer selling Chinese Democracy, does that mean they have sold all of their stock?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at 1.95 the artist(s) can't be getting much out of it

If u knew something about the music business u would know that artist, not even GAGA, madonna or anyone, ANYONE, get shit from music sales, u dont even have to know a lot, just listen when an artist talk about that subject, imagine this, they make ten cents to two dollars an album, and if they are good maybe 15% of each album... do the math...

here is an interesting article...

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music/magazine/16-01/ff_byrne?currentPage=all

Oh c'mon SONOFABITCH... are you too much of a pussy to post the sales totals for Chinese Democracy? You probably don't even know what "platinum in multiple countries" means anyway. Of course we all know you're even more chickenshit to post Velvet Revolver's sales totals.

less than 700,000 in the US..

Nobody gives a shit about US #'s

The music that is popular in the US is shit

harsh but oh so true

Oh c'mon SONOFABITCH... are you too much of a pussy to post the sales totals for Chinese Democracy? You probably don't even know what "platinum in multiple countries" means anyway. Of course we all know you're even more chickenshit to post Velvet Revolver's sales totals.

record companies do.

record companies do.

and who gives a fuck about them?

record companies do.

artist who want deals. fans who want their fave bands to release albums.

record companies do.

artists :D

record companies do.

It's all relative. Most bands don't even sell half a million copies these days.

But, I like how you try and discount the international sales by pointing out how much the record has sold in the US. Records are sold outside of the US and record companies make money from those sales. :rolleyes:

Ali

record companies do.

But, I like how you try and discount the international sales by pointing out how much the record has sold in the US. Records are sold outside of the US and record companies make money from those sales. :rolleyes:

Ali

Some people tend to forget that the world doesn´t end in the USA borders.

Ali

No, no, no! Those people overseas don't count. The only thing that matters is what happens in the US. :D

Edited by packersnroses

record companies do.

cd was released almost 3 years ago, not yesterday.

Ali

yep, sure the record company is just thrilled with sales.

record companies do.

Ali

Some people tend to forget that the world doesn´t end in the USA borders.

i didn't forget. just don't care. the us is where i live, so it is the center of my universe.

the reason these are selling so low is that there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many printed, and no one buys CDs these days. i'm sure there is overstock and they're trying to get rid of it. it's not a big deal, I didn't even buy the CD since I bought the vinyl (which sounds TERRIBLE btw - label totally FUCKED that one up.)

Great, you don't care. That doesn't change the fact that there is a world outside the US where albums are sold.

Ali

q: why is the album viewed as a failure?

a: 700,000 units sold in the us.

the reason these are selling so low is that there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many printed, and no one buys CDs these days.

my money is on the music...

Edited by SunnyDRE

Guest gunns5

Sonofabitch

You seem to have such a vested interest in how much CD has sold and what its current price point is, that anyone would think you would be a part beneficiary to the albums profits.

of course that isn't the case, your just trollin and you mad bro

Edited by gunns5

Great, you don't care. That doesn't change the fact that there is a world outside the US where albums are sold.

Ali

the reason these are selling so low is that there were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many printed, and no one buys CDs these days.

So Axl Rose hasn't put out an album in 20 years that you like.......yet you post everyday on a GnR forum? That is just weird.

Sunny, you don't think it is a conspiracy from record execs who don't want to see a profit on their investment? Record Execs HATE making money and they will do anything to sabotage profits.

you are forgetting that Best Buy paid for all of the copies UPFRONT, so the "record execs" made their money UPFRONT and didn't have to consider a typical supply and demand scenario. best buy ordered too many of these things and since no one buys CDs these days they still have a giant stockpile of them. Then when they reduced their price to $1.97, other large online retailers like amazon had to follow suit because who in their right mind is going to pay $15 at amazon when you can get it from best buy for $2?

Edited by nambis

Guest gunns5

Sunny, you don't think it is a conspiracy from record execs who don't want to see a profit on their investment? Record Execs HATE making money and they will do anything to sabotage profits.

you are forgetting that Best Buy paid for all of the copies UPFRONT, so the "record execs" weren't looking at a typical supply and demand scenario. best buy ordered too many of these things and since no one buys CDs these days they still have a giant stockpile of them. Then when they reduced their price to $1.97, other large online retailers like amazon had to follow suit because who in their right mind is going to pay $15 at amazon when you can get it from best buy for $2?

old-man-at-computer.jpg

You just made SONOFABITCH your enemy :lol:

Ali

No, that's why a narrow-minded, myopic individual like yourself chooses to view the album as a failure. The world>the US.

you are forgetting that Best Buy paid for all of the copies UPFRONT, so the "record execs" made their money UPFRONT and didn't have to consider a typical supply and demand scenario.

The record company made a lot of money of the Best Buy deal in the US plus international sales. And of course both of them are ignoring that because it would get in the way of their argument. The facts have a way of doing that.

Ali

Edited by Ali

you are forgetting that Best Buy paid for all of the copies UPFRONT, so the "record execs" made their money UPFRONT and didn't have to consider a typical supply and demand scenario. best buy ordered too many of these things and since no one buys CDs these days they still have a giant stockpile of them. Then when they reduced their price to $1.97, other large online retailers like amazon had to follow suit because who in their right mind is going to pay $15 at amazon when you can get it from best buy for $2?

the 14 mill wasn't a loan.

Say what you want about Jarmo being a fascist, but he would have killed this dumass thread long ago.

Oh my I really feel sorry for you. Posts like that make think of vomit and swine.

You and your ilk are far more boring and repetitive.

You fellas are just as bad as the folks over at the VHlinks who bitch and moan about Michael Anthony and call Ed a dick ad nauseum.

Things are as they are. You and I have zero control over what happens in Guns N' Roses. If a new album is released, I'll buy it. If they tour, I'll go see them. That's pretty much it for me.

You don't think that the current lineup is really GN'R, we get it, point taken. You think Chinese Democracy was a flop, point taken.

Like I said, your posts are boring and totally predictable.

Say what you want about Jarmo being a fascist, but he would have killed this dumass thread long ago.

Oh my I really feel sorry for you. Posts like that make think of vomit and swine.

You and your ilk are far more boring and repetitive.

You fellas are just as bad as the folks over at the VHlinks who bitch and moan about Michael Anthony and call Ed a dick ad nauseum.

Things are as they are. You and I have zero control over what happens in Guns N' Roses. If a new album is released, I'll buy it. If they tour, I'll go see them. That's pretty much it for me.

You don't think that the current lineup is really GN'R, we get it, point taken. You think Chinese Democracy was a flop, point taken.

Like I said, your posts are boring and totally predictable.

1 star miser