Chinese Democracy - $1.95 on Amazon.Com

SONOFABITCH

But again, I am have no idea how Slash enters into this coversation.

it's the "go to" defense when there's no defense.

That's not really it.

The same person who above wrote that he has "no idea how Slash enters into this conversation" is the same one who said "Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese."

So, that's how Slash enters into the conversation. He was brought into it by the person who started this whole thread :rolleyes:

Ali

Neither sides of the equation are helping. People who hate CD will always hate on it. People who hate Slash will always resort to dumb motherfucking things like using dollar signs and call him "$la$h". We all should know by now that there are no winners in the axl versus slash debate. Nobody is going to convince anyone of anything. We are arguing over nothing and its the quality of the forum that suffers because of it. Those who bash new guns are just starting shit. And those calling slash "$la$h" and bashing him and starting threads as a backhanded insult to the man are just starting shit. I highlighted this in the thread in the Dust N' Bones section

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But again, I am have no idea how Slash enters into this coversation.

it's the "go to" defense when there's no defense.

That's not really it.

The same person who above wrote that he has "no idea how Slash enters into this conversation" is the same one who said "Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese."

So, that's how Slash enters into the conversation. He was brought into it by the person who started this whole thread :rolleyes:

Ali

Neither sides of the equation are helping. People who hate CD will always hate on it. People who hate Slash will always resort to dumb motherfucking things like using dollar signs and call him "$la$h". We all should know by now that there are no winners in the axl versus slash debate. Nobody is going to convince anyone of anything. We are arguing over nothing and its the quality of the forum that suffers because of it. Those who bash new guns are just starting shit. And those calling slash "$la$h" and bashing him and starting threads as a backhanded insult to the man are just starting shit. I highlighted this in the thread in the Dust N' Bones section

Going back to a statement I made on another topic.

Both Slash and Axl have moved on with their lives and have had very sucessful career's as seperate entities. I think it would be in the best sense to allow them to continue to do what they want to do, and hope for the best. If they ever feel like their ready to commit themselves to having a reunion tour, then that'll be the day. But, until then I think it's in our best as fan's to appreciate both of them and their accomplishment's and continue to support them both and not have a bitter disdain for one member becuase "one is'nt as good without the other."

If you wanna talk about Slash, negtive or positive, then there's other sections to talk about him. If you wanna continuously bash today's GN'R and everthing they do, then why post in this section at all?

And I agree with that, the haters should either not post or be respectful. But I think regardless of what section respect should be given to both axl and slash. What section slash or axl is mentioned, EVEN IF it is the wrong section, should not give people the green light to constantly disrespect one or the other.

I'm sure the thread creator will jerk off over this thread and run to some other GNR forum bragging about trolling us good.

Where are the sales numbers for CD? Ohhh, that was too much work to google. But apparently it wasn't too much work to post the basics of supply and demand.

How's the demand for Slash's albums? (just wondering)

The was the first post that mentioned Slash's name. Once again Ali is making up facts.

Thanks for allowing me to own you again.

/SOB

Yeah, I missed that post. So? Obviously you helped to perpetuate the discussion so you can't claim innocence and say you don't understand what Slash has to do with this. Even if you didn't introduce his name, you perpetuated the argument. Good job. You didn't own anything. It's like the statement about sales not having anything to do with the discussion when the entire purpose of your first post was about "demand" :rolleyes:

Slash's CD costs $11.97 on amazon.com brand new. Which is over 6 times more expensive then Chinese.

What does Slash have to do with the cost of Chinese Democracy? Granted if Slash was on the record it would probably be selling for a lot more money, but still, Slash has nothing to do with this. Why you mad, bro?

You really are a jackass.

Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Ali

Edited by Ali

And I agree with that, the haters should either not post or be respectful. But I think regardless of what section respect should be given to both axl and slash. What section slash or axl is mentioned, EVEN IF it is the wrong section, should not give people the green light to constantly disrespect one or the other.

I disagree, I really don't see any reason for Slash to be brought up other than to start a pissing contest. His contributions to the band were great, but the key word there is "were". He hasn't been in the band for over 15 years and nothing he is doing now is relevant to what Guns n' Roses are doing today. Whether you like what he's done without Axl more than you like what Axl has done without him, or vice versa, Slash has no place in the news section of Guns n' Roses. I'm pretty sure that that's why they created the other sections, and why Slash has plenty of his own forums.

There are some reasons he can be brought up in this section (going in depth about how different members incorporate their own style while playing slashs solos, mentioning your favorite solos in general, and many more topics). And if that is the case whether it is axl or slash we are talking about it should start into a pissing match. Slashs name should not and will not be blacklisted from this section, their are some topics where it is perfectly fine to mention him. Its news AND discussion, and if the discussion warrants it then its fine to mention his past work in relation to what is currently going on

Edited by WhazUp

There are some reasons he can be brought up in this section (going in depth about how different members incorporate their own style while playing slashs solos, mentioning your favorite solos in general, and many more topics). And if that is the case whether it is axl or slash we are talking about it should start into a pissing match. Slashs name should not and will not be blacklisted from this section, their are some topics where it is perfectly fine to mention him. Its news AND discussion, and if the discussion warrants it then its fine to mention his past work in relation to what is currently going on

I see your point and is a good one. It's just been so long since I have heard anything about Slash that wasn't intended for trolling purposes, that I forgot that reasonable discussions could still be had.

I see your point and is a good one. It's just been so long since I have heard anything about Slash that wasn't intended for trolling purposes, that I forgot that reasonable discussions could still be had.

Yeah it sucks to see so much hostility over any GNR related musician, old or new.

To quote another member on this board, we shouldn't be axl fans or slash fans we should be Guns N' Roses fans :)

Yeah it sucks to see so much hostility over any GNR related musician, old or new.

To quote another member on this board, we shouldn't be axl fans or slash fans we should be Guns N' Roses fans :)

It's just only frustrating when people bring Slash into a debate against New GN'R. If it was to have a conversation about favorite solo, favorite GN'R guitarist, it'll be a good topic until one of usually supect's come in and post soemthingl ike "Why is DJ your favorite guitarist, he's only covering stuff Slash wrote," then it's downhill from there.

I understand his contribution's to the G'NR name and legacy, but this is the Guns N' Roses-Discussion and News section, and Slash isn't in Guns N' Roses anymore. The usual way Slash is bought into a discussion on this section is by a person posting a post, either using Slash againt New GN'R, or bashing Slash. I just wish the people who start the debate's would either stop talking about Slash in this section, or go to other section's where you can talk about Slash all they want.

Oh I see. We're not allowed to talk about VR's albums' sales totals. And these are the same people who accuse this site of censorship. A wee bit hypocritical don't you think?

I just was curious what VR's totals were. Don't you think it's fair to bring in the comparison? Apparently however, sonofabastard is asserting that we shouldn't be doing so, and is high-and-mightily frowning upon me for doing so. From my research, it would seem Chinese Democracy might just have outperformed both VR's albums combined. For shits and giggles, let's pretend VR's album sales totals were equal to CD's, or pretty fucking close. Think real hard about what that means as far as the premise of the thread. Voila! See there? Logic ain't so hard. For people who's entire existence on this board is dedicated to spinning things negatively or snarkily, it's tough for them to comprehend that I really, truly, would just like to see a side-by-side comparison of VR's and GnR's album sales and let the chips fall where they may. But ohhhh right- sob said we're not allowed to talk about Slashie. Carry on then.

Yeah I agree with you, it is frustrating when Slash is mentioned for the sole purpose of diminishing the current members of GNR.

But there are also conversations I have took place in throughout my time on this forum where I have had respectful and great conversations in this section and Slash was mentioned. Like if someone starts a topic that compares how DJ plays Slash's solos, not to complain about if he does it worse or not, but just to take note on how 2 different and great artists play the same song. Or if a topic was made concerning your favorite GNR concert past or present someone can mention "man I love the Ritz show Slash was on fire! I also loved the Tokyo 09 show, the band was tight and DJ played awesome as well". Because in those situations Slash can be mentioned along the new band not to insult the new band, but just as a conversation piece. Slash shouldn't be blacklisted from this section, just the concept of using him to demean the importance of current GNR members

Guest axleu

the good tracks were proper good, and better than Chinese Democracy.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Oh dude thanks for the laugh! Hehehehe

Yeah! Ha! Ha! Better than those on Chinese democracy! No shit, Sherlock? Funniest post in a long time!

Chinese Democracy isn't terrible. If you liked the UYI albums, there should be a few songs that you like from CD. As M would say to Bond, take your ego out of the equation.

Exactly. Half of CD could have been right off of one of the Illusions.

Bottom line is that CD could have sold 50 million copies and had 10 number one hits and the Slash Fan Boys would be on here saying how crappy of an album it was. And that it only sold 50 million copies because of the GnR name (implying that every fan who bought the album still thought Slash was in the band).

Why people can't just enjoy the music without focusing on the non-music related drama is beyond me. Unfortunately, too many people are worried about being cool or what is popular or what their friends might say. And the "GnR aint GnR without Slash" is in the same vein of coolness-wannabee's as the "Van Halen wasn't VH with Sammy. Dave is the only singer that mattered." When in fact, VH with Sammy put out some great songs. As did they with DLR.

I loved Chinese Democracy. I loved Slash's solo album. I didn't really care for either VR album. And I am in looking forward to Slash's next solo album with Miles singing all the songs. AND...I'm a much bigger Axl fan than a fan of Slash. But they both helped create my favorite hard rock band of all time, so I look forward to seeing what both guys do in the future.

Yeah its a shame. It isn't the same just clicking and instantly getting an album. This might seem weird but I love the journey of going to the record store, getting the album, unwrapping it and looking at the album artwork. Getting the album by sitting on your ass and clicking a button just doesn't feel as complete to me. Not that I don't download stuff, but I love getting a physical copy of the album

sold my copy of cd. never listen to it. collecting dust.

Sure you did.

Then why are you here?

Axl hasn't put out an album in almost 20 years that you enjoy listening to....so why come to a GnR forum on a daily basis? Don't you get tired of bashing a singer of a band that you don't like?

Why don't you spend your time on forums of bands that you enjoy?????? (And no, not telling you where you should spend your internet time. Asking a serious question - why do you spend so much time on this forum, if you don't like the current band?

Guest gunns5

sold my copy of cd. never listen to it. collecting dust.

and yet you're always here talking about CD, in fact its practically the only thing you talk about.