Chinese Democracy - $1.95 on Amazon.Com

SONOFABITCH

Also go to the article archive as there are over 80 scanned magazine articles about Guns, and the band members...you may be surprised that what you believe is the truth is far from the reality..........read and learn

...And that goes for all you punks in the press that want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said.

Nah... just trollin ;)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

""

I still don't understand why people like volcano get all worked up over a differing opinion. The name guns n roses means something different to everyone else. There are a lot of people that take offense to nuguns. More than those who don't. And for the record, I don't think that chinese democracy was god awful. I still have 3 or 4 songs from it on my ipod. I just don't like how its under the gnr banner. To me, it seems just plain disrespectful to the legacy that one out of the five original members is carrying the name like he was the only one responsible for the sucess of the band. It wasn't just axl, nor was it just slash, or even both axl and slash together. It was everyone that contributed to appetite, lies, and uyi, etc. It should've been a standalone album, either under a new name, or a solo project. Axl alone shouldn't be taking a name and legacy and taking it in a new direction without any of the other "originals" or "classic" members that helped him get the legacy in the first place. And I don't think that those who see chinese in a negative light should be bashed and ridiculed just because they don't share the joy you do in the nu music. Not trying to start shit, just sayin.

Members quit their job (yes it's a job, slash, duff, adler etc... their employer was Guns N' Roses)....why should Axl? Besides it's HIS band.

There is a difference between a dream and a job. The original 5 had a dream and it was GNR. GNR belonged to them all. It is Axl's band now but it did not start that way.

Tell that to Ole, Rob and Tracii.

If it's anyone's band besides Axl's, only Izzy has a claim to it.

"Ole, Rob and Tracii." did not even have enough of a dream to make a road trip to Seattle or they might still be in GNR.

"If it's anyone's band besides Axl's, only Izzy has a claim to it." Then maybe Axl should do the right thing and sell half of the band to Izzy. Or better yet maybe Axl and Izzy should have made that clear to the other three when they first started.

Maybe (Definitely.) Izzy doesn't want it. Maybe it was pretty clear to the replacements that it wasn't really their band when they gave up all rights to the name they weren't around to create. Maybe their lies about Axl forcing them to give up the name are just covers for the fact that they don't want to admit that they had no right to it in the first place.

Ok you are not worth the conversation. Your probably all of 12 or 14 years old and if your not you should be ashamed of yourself. Read some GNR history and then come back for a conversation.

I should be ashamed of myself??? For pointing out facts that you apparently don't want to admit??? Yes, I am the 12 year old in this conversation. I am so sorry that you don't want to face up to reality, and that the former replacements aren't around for your enjoyment anymore. I will take my 12 year old self and have a discussion with someone that proves worthy of a reasonable debate.

BTW, reading Sash's revisionist version of history does not make you an informed insider.

I new you were a kid! :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Bless your ignorant little heart. As CC said read his link and learn.

Oh, you got me. I'm twelve. You are so clever. <_<

Yep, I'm ignorant. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: I wasted my time reading the smut piece and there was nothing there that Slash and his puppets haven't spewed countless times before. Try reading an Interview with Marc Canter, who is still friends with Axl and Slash to this day, for a less biased perspective.

""

I still don't understand why people like volcano get all worked up over a differing opinion. The name guns n roses means something different to everyone else. There are a lot of people that take offense to nuguns. More than those who don't. And for the record, I don't think that chinese democracy was god awful. I still have 3 or 4 songs from it on my ipod. I just don't like how its under the gnr banner. To me, it seems just plain disrespectful to the legacy that one out of the five original members is carrying the name like he was the only one responsible for the sucess of the band. It wasn't just axl, nor was it just slash, or even both axl and slash together. It was everyone that contributed to appetite, lies, and uyi, etc. It should've been a standalone album, either under a new name, or a solo project. Axl alone shouldn't be taking a name and legacy and taking it in a new direction without any of the other "originals" or "classic" members that helped him get the legacy in the first place. And I don't think that those who see chinese in a negative light should be bashed and ridiculed just because they don't share the joy you do in the nu music. Not trying to start shit, just sayin.

Members quit their job (yes it's a job, slash, duff, adler etc... their employer was Guns N' Roses)....why should Axl? Besides it's HIS band.

There is a difference between a dream and a job. The original 5 had a dream and it was GNR. GNR belonged to them all. It is Axl's band now but it did not start that way.

Tell that to Ole, Rob and Tracii.

If it's anyone's band besides Axl's, only Izzy has a claim to it.

"Ole, Rob and Tracii." did not even have enough of a dream to make a road trip to Seattle or they might still be in GNR.

"If it's anyone's band besides Axl's, only Izzy has a claim to it." Then maybe Axl should do the right thing and sell half of the band to Izzy. Or better yet maybe Axl and Izzy should have made that clear to the other three when they first started.

Maybe (Definitely.) Izzy doesn't want it. Maybe it was pretty clear to the replacements that it wasn't really their band when they gave up all rights to the name they weren't around to create. Maybe their lies about Axl forcing them to give up the name are just covers for the fact that they don't want to admit that they had no right to it in the first place.

Ok you are not worth the conversation. Your probably all of 12 or 14 years old and if your not you should be ashamed of yourself. Read some GNR history and then come back for a conversation.

I should be ashamed of myself??? For pointing out facts that you apparently don't want to admit??? Yes, I am the 12 year old in this conversation. I am so sorry that you don't want to face up to reality, and that the former replacements aren't around for your enjoyment anymore. I will take my 12 year old self and have a discussion with someone that proves worthy of a reasonable debate.

BTW, reading Sash's revisionist version of history does not make you an informed insider.

Go read the article I linked to son and learn..........

One more thing, boy. Isn't Tom Zutaut the guy who had aliens land in his back yard? That's right, he is. Very credible source.

And Axl had a woman nicknamed Yoda read peoples auras to determine if he could work with him so I guess he is not very credible either? see it works both ways mate........

It would if I were using Axl's word as a basis for my argument. Instead I trust the people that don't take sides with either one.

And Axl had a woman nicknamed Yoda read peoples auras to determine if he could work with him so I guess he is not very credible either? see it works both ways mate........

It would if I were using Axl's word as a basis for my argument. Instead I trust the people that don't take sides with either one.

So whose words are you using then? Marc Canter has already admitted he has no idea how Axl came to own the name so who is this other unbiased person who was there at the time the shit came down?

Here's his thoughts about it anyway:

I don't even know when that happened. I don't remember if Axl ever told me anything about it and Slash never said anything about it until I saw it in his book. Slash felt that if he didn't sign it, that Axl wouldn't go on stage. That doesn't mean that Axl made that threat Slash and Duff just assumed that Axl wouldn't go on stage or record again if they didn't sign. So Axl didn't blackmail them. Also Slash and Duff may have not have had the best advice by their management regarding signing the name over, but if they didn't sign the name over the band would have broken up anyways in 1995/1996 when they didn't agree on who was going to be replacing Izzy and what songs they would record. No one would have the name GUN N' ROSES. If that was the case Axl would have had a lot more music out by now but, under a different name, but probably with the same guys that worked on Chinese Democracy and that record would have been out in 1998/1999 with new music from Axl every few years. There was a lot Axl had to deal with to keep GUNS N ' ROSES going when Slash and Duff left and it took many years to deal with. Plus some law suits. Slash would have done the same thing as he did anyways with out Axl, 2 Snakepit records 2 VR records and 1 solo record and still there would be no reunion. So who is lying? Maybe no one, maybe just a bunch of miscommunication and why does it matter anyway? They wanted different things so going their own way was the only way they could get what they wanted. It was sad for me to see that split but thats life, shit happens and we lick our wounds and move on.

So whose words are you using then? Marc Canter has already admitted he has no idea how Axl came to own the name so who is this other unbiased person who was there at the time the shit came down?

I don't even know when that happened. I don't remember if Axl ever told me anything about it and Slash never said anything about it until I saw it in his book. Slash felt that if he didn't sign it, that Axl wouldn't go on stage. That doesn't mean that Axl made that threat Slash and Duff just assumed that Axl wouldn't go on stage or record again if they didn't sign. So Axl didn't blackmail them. Also Slash and Duff may have not have had the best advice by their management regarding signing the name over, but if they didn't sign the name over the band would have broken up anyways in 1995/1996 when they didn't agree on who was going to be replacing Izzy and what songs they would record. No one would have the name GUN N' ROSES. If that was the case Axl would have had a lot more music out by now but, under a different name, but probably with the same guys that worked on Chinese Democracy and that record would have been out in 1998/1999 with new music from Axl every few years. There was a lot Axl had to deal with to keep GUNS N ' ROSES going when Slash and Duff left and it took many years to deal with. Plus some law suits. Slash would have done the same thing as he did anyways with out Axl, 2 Snakepit records 2 VR records and 1 solo record and still there would be no reunion. So who is lying? Maybe no one, maybe just a bunch of miscommunication and why does it matter anyway? They wanted different things so going their own way was the only way they could get what they wanted. It was sad for me to see that split but thats life, shit happens and we lick our wounds and move on.

My thought's exactly.

My thought's exactly.

I don't even know when that happened. I don't remember if Axl ever told me anything about it and Slash never said anything about it until I saw it in his book.

Marc admitted he does not know what went down he is just speculating.............

Exactly first line says it all.

Ok, I will take Axl's word about one thing.

So let’s start here… the whole Axl wouldn’t go on stage yada yada… is complete and utter crap.

Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I would’ve have been cremated years ago legally, could’ve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances.

That one statement from him holds more indisputable truth than anything anyone else has said.

No matter how he got the name, to me its fucked up that he doesn't have ANY of the original or "classic" members and still records and tours under the gnr name. Like cd or hate cd, idk how so many people can dispute that. It was a dick move to stay revelant. And meanwhile the fans lose out with this frankenstein band.

I don't feel like I've lost out on anything. In fact, I'm greatful that Axl has exposed me to far more talented musicians that I might never have heard of otherwise.

So let’s start here… the whole Axl wouldn’t go on stage yada yada… is complete and utter crap.

Never happened, all made up, fallacy and fantasy. Not one single solitary thread of truth to it. Had that been the case I would’ve have been cremated years ago legally, could’ve cleaned me out for the name and damages. It's called under duress with extenuating circumstances.

That one statement from him holds more indisputable truth than anything anyone else has said.

Just as I figured you take Axl's word over the many who were there and tell the same story about him........that is all I needed to know...........so much for your credible unbiased sources.....just another Axl worshipper.......

Yup, better than a Slash nuthugger clinging to the past in a desperate attempt to reclaim his youth.

And the law is the law despite the source citing it.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

No matter how he got the name, to me its fucked up that he doesn't have ANY of the original or "classic" members and still records and tours under the gnr name. Like cd or hate cd, idk how so many people can dispute that. It was a dick move to stay revelant. And meanwhile the fans lose out with this frankenstein band.

Slash, Duff and Axl wouldn't be in the same band today anyway, they parted on musical and personal differences - how do you figure the fans lose out? People attending concerts surely do it with their own free will, and hey, they might even have a good time.

If you don't like the current Guns N' Roses, just ignore them and don't attend concerts or buy their music - simple.

The old Guns N' Roses still exists on CD's and music videos for everyone's enjoyment.

Of all the things to be constantly pissed off about in this world, a rock band (for legal name rights) is hardly one of them.

guys, please. can we stay on topic? this thread is about how chinese democracy is now cheaper than a mean at taco bell.

I think we got it covered.

It didn't sell as much as anticipated in the US, so Best Buy has half a million CD's they need to get off their hands.

You have anything to add?

Just as I figured you take Axl's word over the many who were there and tell the same story about him........that is all I needed to know...........so much for your credible unbiased sources.....just another Axl worshipper.......

Yup, better than a Slash nuthugger clinging to the past in a desperate attempt to reclaim my youth.

Sorry to disspoint you mate but I have no special desire for a reunion as I saw the real Guns at their peak...and I am very happy Slash went his own way. He has released 5 albums of music I enjoy with another album on the way and I have seen multiple tours with no fake drama or late starts by the bands he has been in....All in all it is great time to be a Slash fan.......

You saw Guns since 2009 too? I had a blast at Sturgis, where did you see them? It is nice to see them in their prime without the musicians being so wasted that they can hardly hold their instruments.

Back to Slash, how are his forums going?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Yup, better than a Slash nuthugger clinging to the past in a desperate attempt to reclaim my youth.

Sorry to disspoint you mate but I have no special desire for a reunion as I saw the real Guns at their peak...and I am very happy Slash went his own way. He has released 5 albums of music I enjoy with another album on the way and I have seen multiple tours with no fake drama or late starts by the bands he has been in....All in all it is great time to be a Slash fan.......

You saw Guns since 2009 too? I had a blast at Sturgis, where did you see them? It is nice to see them in their prime without the musicians being so wasted that they can hardly hold their instruments.

Slash's forums like everything about him is going well thank you for asking hunny.

Prime lol! As far as not being wasted how do you know? I can say this wasted or not it's to bad they cannot play some music that they have created themselves. Instead of stumbling over other musicans work!

I said the real Guns and Roses as in 1987 club shows I saw not Axl and his tribute band...I did see NuGnR back in 2002 and again in 2006 and the shows were good for what they were but never for a second mistook them for the real thing...........go download the two shows I saw in 87. The Ritz and L"Amour as I can assure you they had no problem playing their instruments...

The Ritz is a horrible excuse for a show. Fargo 93 blew that out of the water. Fargo 93 blew Fargo 2002 out of the water too, but Sturgis 2010 is by far the best Guns show I have seen.

Slash's forums like everything about him is going well thank you for asking hunny.

Prime lol! As far as not being wasted how do you know? I can say this wasted or not it's to bad they cannot play some music that they have created themselves. Instead of stumbling over other musicans work!

I too wish the band had some of their own stuff to play. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the "Instead of stumbling over other musicans work!" part, because I find the playing now to be far better than the past. Well, Thal anyway.

Ritz is garbage man...come on don't try and fool anybody.....Montreal 2010, KROQ, 2006, Peru 2010, RockAM 2006, Rio 2001 ect destroy that show

You do realize they played the Ritz twice in the 80's right? I saw the Ritz 87 show not the 88 Ritz MTV show Einstein and I can assure you it was not garbage..............All the shows you mention above are Axl and his tribute band. If you are into tribute bands I guess they were good shows but I was talking about the real deal.......

As I said above, in the jumbled mess this forum made out of my post, I'll bet Fargo 93 was better than either of your club shows and Sturgis 2010 was better than Fargo 93. Fargo 93 was better than Fargo 2002 though.

Ritz is garbage man...come on don't try and fool anybody.....Montreal 2010, KROQ, 2006, Peru 2010, RockAM 2006, Rio 2001 ect destroy that show

You do realize they played the Ritz twice in the 80's right? I saw the Ritz 87 show not the 88 Ritz MTV show Einstein and I can assure you it was not garbage..............All the shows you mention above are Axl and his tribute band. If you are into tribute bands I guess they were good shows but I was talking about the real deal.......

As I said above, in the jumbled mess this forum made out of my post, I'll bet Fargo 93 was better than either of your club shows and Sturgis 2010 was better than Fargo 93. Fargo 93 was better than Fargo 2002 though.

How can you "bet" the shows are better if you haven't heard the shows and even if you have its all a matter of personal taste?

How can you "bet" the shows are better if you haven't heard the shows and even if you have its all a matter of personal taste?

I can bet whatever the hell I want sucka, I'm a gambling man.

I bet your sister is tighter than your mom.

sold my copy of cd. never listen to it. collecting dust.

Hahah must have been starving for the cash man, doing it tough?

nope i do fine.

The big $8 you got for it would have gone a LONGGGGGGG way!

yep. bought a record i actually listen to.

Hahah must have been starving for the cash man, doing it tough? The big $8 you got for it would have gone a LONGGGGGGG way!

haha good point, I might have to contact sunny to get a current market appraisel on how much my used colgate toothbrush is worth?

I'm sure he could sell it for a mint where he is!

Hahaha! One would think that, given the effort it would take to sell Chidem(according to Sunny, it's a shit album, no one likes it, hence, it's not in demand), would it be worth the time trying to sell it for the minimal amount he would get for it? Did he have nothing better to do? Was he that desperate for money?

why would i keep a cd,movie, video game, etc. that i never listen to, watch, or play?

not really a pack rat. sorry.

**shrugs*

Here's a novel idea fellow boarders, if you don't like what someone is posting because they post the same thing constantly just ignore their posts and eventually they'll get bored of writing the same thing so often and having no one take up a debate with them or take offense to it.

Just saying. Sunny says one small thing and this whole page is full of people responding, of course he'll keep coming back.

I like you Sunny, I'm just saying.

they are obsessed.

You say "

why would i keep a cd,movie, video game, etc. that i never listen to, watch, or play?"

But 2 seconds before that you say you do just fine. I have some used Mach 3 razor blades I want to sell, do you suggest Ebay or Craigslist? :P

Hahah must have been starving for the cash man, doing it tough?

nope i do fine.

The big $8 you got for it would have gone a LONGGGGGGG way!

yep. bought a record i actually listen to.

Hahah must have been starving for the cash man, doing it tough? The big $8 you got for it would have gone a LONGGGGGGG way!

haha good point, I might have to contact sunny to get a current market appraisel on how much my used colgate toothbrush is worth?

I'm sure he could sell it for a mint where he is!

Hahaha! One would think that, given the effort it would take to sell Chidem(according to Sunny, it's a shit album, no one likes it, hence, it's not in demand), would it be worth the time trying to sell it for the minimal amount he would get for it? Did he have nothing better to do? Was he that desperate for money?

why would i keep a cd,movie, video game, etc. that i never listen to, watch, or play?

not really a pack rat. sorry.

**shrugs*

Here's a novel idea fellow boarders, if you don't like what someone is posting because they post the same thing constantly just ignore their posts and eventually they'll get bored of writing the same thing so often and having no one take up a debate with them or take offense to it.

Just saying. Sunny says one small thing and this whole page is full of people responding, of course he'll keep coming back.

I like you Sunny, I'm just saying.

they are obsessed.

You say "

why would i keep a cd,movie, video game, etc. that i never listen to, watch, or play?"

But 2 seconds before that you say you do just fine. I have some used Mach 3 razor blades I want to sell, do you suggest Ebay or Craigslist? :P

dude give it up...

how much money i make makes no difference on me selling cd. wtf people selling shit on ebay are poor, yard sales etc.

you're becoming quite the C.