Chinese Democracy - $1.95 on Amazon.Com

SONOFABITCH

Ritz is garbage man...come on don't try and fool anybody.....Montreal 2010, KROQ, 2006, Peru 2010, RockAM 2006, Rio 2001 ect destroy that show

You do realize they played the Ritz twice in the 80's right? I saw the Ritz 87 show not the 88 Ritz MTV show Einstein and I can assure you it was not garbage..............All the shows you mention above are Axl and his tribute band. If you are into tribute bands I guess they were good shows but I was talking about the real deal.......

I was talking about Ritz 88...it was garbage, the whole band sounds like shit expecially their lead guitar player at the time who puked behind his amp.

There is no tribute band......only Guns N' Roses!

0223_slash_shelley-1.jpg

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

i love your sig man!

Edited by UcudBmineCD

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, please. can we stay on topic? this thread is about how chinese democracy is now cheaper than a mean at taco bell.

I didn't know they sold a "mean" at Taco Bell.

Is that on topic enough for you?

it was a typo. sorry! i meant to type "meal." as in all of axl's tireless dedication, every tear he cried over stephanie seymour, every lawsuit, every replacement guitar player, yoda, all 14 years, all 15 million bucks... it all adds up to less than two tacos from the value menu at taco bell.

Edited by cancerface

I wonder if people realize that it is perfectly OK to like all versions of the band?

That instead of being hung-up and stuck on the "name" of a band, you can just listen to the music that any band produces and decide if you like it or not.

The song should be all that matters. Not who is in a band. Not who is feuding. Not who owns the name. Not who quit or got kicked out. Holding a grudge because of internal-turmoil a group of guys had 15 years ago is just ridiculous. If you were not a band member - you should be "over" it by now.

I loved the old band. My favorite band of all time.

I loved Chinese Democracy. I had a blast in 2002 at the Tacoma Dome, the first show of that tour. And I had a great time taking my son to see the band at Universal Studios a couple christmas's ago.

Music should be appreciated for what it is.

Not constant bitching and crying about crap that has no meaning to you personally. Axl and Slash decided not to play with each other any more. You all paint Axl as the villian and Slash as the hero.....but Duff and Izzy have both came back and performed with Axl. So maybe it wasn't all Axl's fault.

Why people can't enjoy both bands is beyond me. I care about the music produced - not the name of the band, or what individuals are in the band. And I will never understand people who care more about that drama crap than they do about the music.

Guest gunns5

You all paint Axl as the villian and Slash as the hero.....but Duff and Izzy have both came back and performed with Axl. So maybe it wasn't all Axl's fault.

That seems to be the trend around here.

sold my copy of cd. never listen to it. collecting dust.

Sure you did.

Then why are you here?

Axl hasn't put out an album in almost 20 years that you enjoy listening to....so why come to a GnR forum on a daily basis? Don't you get tired of bashing a singer of a band that you don't like?

Why don't you spend your time on forums of bands that you enjoy?????? (And no, not telling you where you should spend your internet time. Asking a serious question - why do you spend so much time on this forum, if you don't like the current band?

he'll be here to bash axl untill he dies, he's still mad at axl for releasing ''one in a million''

Holy shit dude you were right! Go check out the "one in a million" thread Sunny is all up in arms about it :rofl-lol:

oh no!

sunny not liking an old gnr song awell as not liking new gnr music!

The universe is going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I'll have to sell my used colgate toothbrush and spend up big before THAT happens (not that I need to sell it cause im rich, but whats the point in keeping something you dont use anymore?). :rolleyes:

Edited by gunns5

Lady Gaga's album Born Like This was 99cents amazon exclusive and it sold 1 mil copies and went No. 1.

This is what they could do with CD II.

yeah, but only if someone as popular as lady gaga were to take over the frontman role. maybe that would be the ultimate statement for guns n' roses... for axl to replace himself.

Lady Gaga's album Born Like This was 99cents amazon exclusive and it sold 1 mil copies and went No. 1.

This is what they could do with CD II.

yeah, but only if someone as popular as lady gaga were to take over the frontman role. maybe that would be the ultimate statement for guns n' roses... for axl to replace himself.

it would be cool if GNR lived on. Axl could audition singers, even have a W. Axl Rose training facility where candidates could be moulded to certain specifications.

basically if Terminator technology becomes available to a post- apocalyptic world then if sure this would happen. In the old world there was a band called GNR, this is exactly how they were.

even Gaga has to sell her album for 99cents to get it to no. 1. I can't see cds existing much longer. surely the next GNR album will be a fully digital release.

For the record I never purchased CD.

Haha I did not either. My husband came home with it about 3 weeks after it was out real proud of himself saying "I got you the new Gun n Roses cd". He of couse thought it was the orignal band untill I became ticked off and said don't ever call that band Gun n Roses again in my house.

You're crazy. And this is the first I've heard about any husband.

Haha I did not either. My husband came home with it about 3 weeks after it was out real proud of himself saying "I got you the new Gun n Roses cd". He of couse thought it was the orignal band untill I became ticked off and said don't ever call that band Gun n Roses again in my house.

So he genuinely tried to make you happy and you acted like a total asshole. Nice.

Yes exactly. He's suppose to be this dude with a great job and she mooches off him as a job and spends all her days trolling a message board of a band she doesn't like.

or maybe she's a fan who didn't like their last album. you know, it happens with every other band and their fans from time to time. i know, hard to believe, but not everybody loves everything an artist creates, even if they're a fan of the artist. it only seems like such a big deal to you because axl took so long to make that one album. but it wouldn't be metallica's fans fault if james and lars decided to spend 15 years making saint anger.

So he genuinely tried to make you happy and you acted like a total asshole. Nice.

I also find it extremely weird how obsessed "fans" are with the name of a band.

Because the name guns n roses is legendary in rock n roll. Because one, of the five original members is running around with a legacy four other people helped him build from the ground to the tippity top, replaced everybody to cover all their songs, and added a few new songs in between. I honestly don't get how fans dont, at the very least understand why some other fans are bit angry about this.

Easy.

Because the other four guys (Slash, Duff, Izzy and......Matt? Steven?) have all moved on with their lives and careers. If Slash isn't still fuming about it....why should a fan? If Duff and Izzy have actually PLAYED with Axl live.....why should a fan still be pissed off about it?

The old band exploded just like a relationship. For numerous reasons, they decided to go their own ways. Slash and Duff QUIT. Because Slash quit - that means Axl has to relinquish the name? That is crazy.

And why is a legacy of a band important to you? I remember a reporter asking Brett Favre if he was hurting his legacy by coming out of retirement and Favre laughed and basically said that it was his life and career and he was going to do what he wanted, and other people could worry about his legacy.

What is more important to you....a song or a legacy? Why do you care about the legacy of five grown men that aren't friends or family of yours?

Nothing that Axl does now, or nobody that Slash plays with now, should have ANY effect on the old songs that you love. Slash playing with Fergie does not change - not 1% change - my feelings for songs like Coma, Estranged, Civil War, Don't Cry, Don't Damn Me, Yesterdays. Nothing any of the old band members do today or tomorrow will change my feelings towards Lies, Appetite or the Illusions.

I could care less who is feuding with who, who was mean to who, who owns what name, who sued who.....I could care less. All I care about is the music that is produced. And really, that's all you should care about too.

it's fun to argue with other fans. it's okay to admit it. if it wasn't fun, you guys wouldn't be typing out these long replies. you could do something else if you wanted to. but you don't. instead of arguing with others as to why they shouldn't post, or why they shouldn't believe what they do, why not talk about something else? you have the right. now get to it! speculate about how awesome chinese democracy volume IV will be. i hear kids will be dancing in their school halls.

Edited by cancerface

it's fun to argue with other fans. it's okay to admit it. if it wasn't fun, you guys wouldn't be typing out these long replies. you could do something else if you wanted to. but you don't. instead of arguing with others as to why they shouldn't post, or why they shouldn't believe what they do, why not talk about something else? you have the right. now get to it! speculate about how awesome chinese democracy volume IV will be. i hear kids will be dancing in their school halls.

If there did happen to be three more installments of Chinese Democracy........and five years from now we had a total of 45-50 more songs from the current band, and they all were in the same style as the first Chinese Democracy.....I'd be happy as can be. Personally, I listen to Better, Catcher, This I love, TWAT and Prostitute and Street of Dreams as much as I do any of the old songs. I think all those songs could have been straight off of Illusions.

So if Axl and Company give me 50 more songs that are just like the songs off of Chinese Democracy, I would be extremely happy. I hope they continue to do new things. Rock songs, ballads, acoustics, piano-driven, "epics", etc. If I could meet Axl in person and was allowed to speak one sentence to him it would be "PUT OUT MORE MUSIC."

To let you know I'm not just an Axl-Fan-Boy. I rarely listen to Scraped, Sorry, Chinese Democracy or Madagascar. I liked Maddy at first - but now it is pretty boring. IRS is catchy, but half the time I'll skip it. I have to be in the right frame of mood for Shackler's. But I still listen to the rest of the album at least 4-5 times a week.

I hate the late starts, I hate the lack of music, I hate the lack of updating the fans. I wish the old band would have put out a couple more albums. I would be happy if Axl teamed up with the old guys and reunited or put out a special album. I'll be happy if he stays with the new band and puts out album. To me, it is all about the music. None of the behind the scenes stuff matters.

Guest gunns5

If there did happen to be three more installments of Chinese Democracy........and five years from now we had a total of 45-50 more songs from the current band, and they all were in the same style as the first Chinese Democracy.....I'd be happy as can be. Personally, I listen to Better, Catcher, This I love, TWAT and Prostitute and Street of Dreams as much as I do any of the old songs. I think all those songs could have been straight off of Illusions.

So if Axl and Company give me 50 more songs that are just like the songs off of Chinese Democracy, I would be extremely happy. I hope they continue to do new things. Rock songs, ballads, acoustics, piano-driven, "epics", etc. If I could meet Axl in person and was allowed to speak one sentence to him it would be "PUT OUT MORE MUSIC."

To let you know I'm not just an Axl-Fan-Boy. I rarely listen to Scraped, Sorry, Chinese Democracy or Madagascar. I liked Maddy at first - but now it is pretty boring. IRS is catchy, but half the time I'll skip it. I have to be in the right frame of mood for Shackler's. But I still listen to the rest of the album at least 4-5 times a week.

I hate the late starts, I hate the lack of music, I hate the lack of updating the fans. I wish the old band would have put out a couple more albums. I would be happy if Axl teamed up with the old guys and reunited or put out a special album. I'll be happy if he stays with the new band and puts out album. To me, it is all about the music. None of the behind the scenes stuff matters.

Agreed, with the exception to Shack as I always love listening to that song, but then again, im usually in the car when I am. Madagascar, IRS and Riad I tend to avoid listening to, but the other songs get moderate to high playback each week for me.

Have you ever been to Alabama or Florida?

it isn't me dude...lol.

Haha I was taking a guess. You were that one poster who said "fierce" all the time and always made britney spears posts tho....right?

These new posters making crazy posts are obviously new accounts by old posters. Hard for me to tell who they are as I generally don't even read the names of who makes the posts.

THIS.

Agreed, with the exception to Shack as I always love listening to that song, but then again, im usually in the car when I am. Madagascar, IRS and Riad I tend to avoid listening to, but the other songs get moderate to high playback each week for me.

What's interesting is just how diverse GNR's catalogue has become.

Personally, Rhiad, Scrapped, Oh My God, Shackler's, are songs that i listen to as much as any GNR song spanning through the years, and would love/prefer more material in the same vein. Yet also, i would also love material reminiscent of Right Next Door To Hell.

Edited by ohmygod

What's interesting is just how diverse GNR's catalogue has become.

Personally, Rhiad, Scrapped, Oh My God, Shackler's, are songs that i listen to as much as any GNR song spanning through the years, and would love/prefer more material in the same vein. Yet also, i would also love material reminiscent of Right Next Door To Hell.

Yes,glad someone brought up the diversity factor,unless one likes formulated rock diversity and evolution are a definate plus for me.Such a wide range of emotional extremes between all the GNR albums.