The guitarist/singer for Mountain calls Slash "great man, no ego at all"

WhazUp

Leslie West just recently had to have his leg amputated due to his diabetes, and he called into the Howard Stern Show on the 22nd. He mentioned that he is working on an album with Zak Wylde and Slash, and he proceeded to praise Slash and told the story of how they met.

He said that Slash met him, loved the track Leslie had for him and came into the recording studio with no managers, assistants or bs like that, it was just Slash and a guitar and Lesie said he was impressed not only at how great his playing was but he called him a great man with no ego. If I had the audio I would post it, I literally just heard it one minute ago from my radio stream online

I cant wait to hear the track!

And more importantly I wish Leslie a speedy recovery and hope he is doing well!!

Leslie West just recently had to have his leg amputated due to his diabetes, and he called into the Howard Stern Show on the 22nd. He mentioned that he is working on an album with Zak Wylde and Slash, and he proceeded to praise Slash and told the story of how they met.

He said that Slash met him, loved the track Leslie had for him and came into the recording studio with no managers, assistants or bs like that, it was just Slash and a guitar and Lesie said he was impressed not only at how great his playing was but he called him a great man with no ego. If I had the audio I would post it, I literally just heard it one minute ago from my radio stream online

I cant wait to hear the track!

And more importantly I wish Leslie a speedy recovery and hope he is doing well!!

Very cool. It's always good to see famous people being down to earth and not letting it get to their head.

i don't know the guy but you can tell from afar that he's like that, cool, humble and all

i don't mind Slash collaborating with anybody, but with Zakk is something that he should've done long long long time ago..

Zakk has good plans for the near future, apparently a collaboration with Slash and Jerry Cantrell... how cool as fuck is that?... why hasn't they done that before?, i don't really want to know

Mountain was around for a brief period of time, and they had a lot of musician fans. Not many people are going to get Eddie Van Halen to show up as special guest at their live shows. Pete Townshend also had him record an alternate "Behind Blue Eyes" on "Who's Next", Hendrix played bass with Leslie when they jammed into the late hours, and they were actually one of the big names at Woodstock at the time. Gave Black Sabbath opening slot on their first US tour, and Ozzy recorded Dylan's "Masters of War" with West a couple of years ago.

Leslie got a nice check from Jay-Z for using the riff from "Long Red" for "99 Problems".

Those old bastards put on a great live & loud show even if there's 10 people seeing them in a club, Leslie's a master of guitar tone even if he's not the fastest guy out there. At least he can keep on playing.

I know Sam Kinison is someone both Leslie and Slash had worked with, but not sure if it was at the same time.