What does the "It don't really matter" refer to?

D..

What do you think Axl means in the "Chinese Democracy" song?

To me, as it's the album's opener, it means "fuck what shit people brag about me, it don't really matter, the universe is so big, we're so small, these stuff don't mean anything".

Or could have a relation to something in the song, what do you think? What do you know about anything, I mean look at you!

TING!

I've always thought it meant that it doesn't matter who's in the band, you can all leave, I'll look around for someone else. It's a defiant statement, fuck you I can do this with anyone. if the ex-members were visionaries than he have a problem but they weren't.

Edited by wasted

Guest gunns5

I guess you'll find out for yourself

:xmassrudolph:

Axl is singing about the people in power, whether thats China in this case or anywhere else/metaphoric sense, however you want to interpret it, and he keeps repeating the line 'when all I got is precious time' so he is saying how ever long something takes, he will eventually expose the bullshit that their trying to protect, "you think you got it all locked up inside" etc etc.

It don't really matter

Guess I'll keep it to myself

Said it don't really matter

It's time I look around for somebody else

'Cause it would take a lot more time than you

Have got for masturbation

Even with your iron fist

All they got to rule the nation

When all we got is precious time

All they got to fool the nation

When all I got is precious time

It don't really matter

I guess you'll find out for yourself

No it don't really matter

So you can hear it now from somebody else

You think you got it all locked up inside

And if you beat 'em enough they'll die

It's like a walk in the park from a cell

And now you're keeping your own kind in hell

When your great wall rocks blame yourself

While their arms reach up for your help

And you're out of time

Edited by gunns5

That he doesn't give a shit about ppl probably :lol:

IMO it means that all the attempts of Chinese government to control its ppl by suppressing & limiting their human rights in an attempt to maintain its position as a world power don't really matter 'cause democratic world, the US in particular, will always be stronger which is a total shit. It may mean sth completely different of course.

the record label is like an oppressive regime holding back Guns from releasing CD II.

Axl should drop all the albums that he may legally owe to the record company, then quit Universal and self-release his music in the future.

I doubt they'd let him just put them all out. Even with BB it could have been a double. They want to release them slowly and get Axl to tour and promote them, work for the man. But to him it don't really matter.

It's been posted/written elsewhere that this movie had something to do with the song. And just incorporated some of his personal stuff into the lyrics so it's prob. not about one thing in particular. Some people rewrite songs so much that the meaning of it changes over time, or they stole the music and when they started changing the music around, the lyrics were changed, too.

Keep in mind Josh Freese also wrote the song, so maybe ask him his take on what the song means to him, he's usually responsive on Twitter.

But if it's about someone specific in their lives and want to protect the (not so) innocent, they'll deflect and go "what do you think the song's about".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_(song)

didn't axl say in that long letter that chinese democracy was literally about chinese democracy?

yes

can you imagine how awesome and inspiring it must have been for the people of china to hear this album and realize that axl was fighting for them?

Guest Len B'stard

the fact that the ozone layer is depleting at a rate of knots and we are rapidly destroying the envoirnment.

didn't axl say in that long letter that chinese democracy was literally about chinese democracy?

yes

can you imagine how awesome and inspiring it must have been for the people of china to hear this album and realize that axl was fighting for them?

Fighting for them? Axl is so deluded about the world that he seems to think China, the world's quickest growing economy and middle class, is somehow one of the most oppressive terrible places in the world. China is constantly getting better, they don't need anyone fighting for them, in fact we need them fighting for us.

"North Korean Democracy"

Now there's a fitting title to Axl's message.

no, axl is a superhero who will bring peace, prosperity and freedom to the people of china.

and to think slash is content just playing guitar with people he likes.

yes

Fighting for them? Axl is so deluded about the world that he seems to think China, the world's quickest growing economy and middle class, is somehow one of the most oppressive terrible places in the world. China is constantly getting better, they don't need anyone fighting for them, in fact we need them fighting for us.

"North Korean Democracy"

Now there's a fitting title to Axl's message.

China isn't oppressed? it's one of the MOST oppressed societies in the world, and is also one of the top human rights violators in the world.

It wasn't up in the air, but with this post you've really shown what an ignorant, small minded cunt you are.

You guys are great. Of course China is the epitome of freedom, but they're pretty far from the worst and consistently getting better and better. To say all the people there are VERY unhappy is what's small minded in this thread. Sorry axl8302, but you're wrong about that top ten bit.

List of countries more oppressive than China:

http://www.infoplease.com/world/statistics/top-ten-human-rights-violators.html

As well as been thick as shit, you also can't read! How did you even turn the computer on? Read my post again, no mention of any "top 10".

Here, maybe you'll learn something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/6-3-22/39537.html

Edited by axl8302

Of course I meant "of course China is NOT the epitome of freedom". The top ten bit was a mistake, not sure where that came from honestly. I must have missread. Either way, the point still stand that China is outside the top ten worst human rights violators and unlike many of the list they're improving and improving fast. Of course you can point out specific instances where they're doing terrible things... just like anywhere else though..

Okay, so what is your point? It doesn't seem like you have one.

You brought this up and called Axl deluded for promoting a democratic China, because China ISN'T oppressive in your opinion. Now your argument is about top 10 lists that China isn't On... what are you trying to say?

Also for your information, you would have found China very close to the top of any of those lists back in the late 90's when work on CD began. So again, WHAT IS YOUR POINT? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY?

Axl:

The movie Kundun was on [television] about the Dalai Lama. I was getting ready to leave...and it was the end of the movie. And the Dalai Lama is about to cross over the border, to you know, be in exile for the rest of his life from his own country. And he looks back at the men who helped him, and you know he's escaped the Chinese government. And he looks back at them and he waves and they wave at him. And then they show a scene where he looks back at them again and he sees every one of them dead. Because he knew they would be killed, and they knew that in helping him they would be killed. And you know the emotion in this next song, that's all that's about. It's not like an intelligent song. It doesn't have the answer to anything. And it's not necessarily pro or con about China. It's just that right now China symbolizes one of the strongest, yet most oppressive countries and governments in the world. And we [Americans] are fortunate to live in a free country. And so in thinking about that it just kinda upset me, and we wrote this little song called "Chinese Democracy."

From the intro to the song at House Of Blues 01.01.2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy_(song)

Possibly one of the worst GN'R songs ever. Come to think of it, My World is actually better.

I have to admit you're a fantastic cupcake! If there was cupcake awards you'd win a couple for sure.

Maybe he will, check out my poll!

"It don't really matter"

"But it matters enough" - for Axl to put pen to paper and wirte about it..

As America slips further into debt, and is on the verge of requiring more loans to maintain the American standard of living, China is in a good position to buy up America. While America finds it perfectly acceptable to buy out companies world wide, I wonder how they will deal with China following following suit.

Not so long ago a company owned by the United Arab Emirate attempted to buy several American ports including New York, New Jersey and Baltimore. When a foreign company wants to buy a major business in the USA, USA government gets involved. Funny that :D

Edited by star