Are you an optimist or a pessimist?

saber_

I don't expect much. I'm optimistic that there's still some songs written by Axl that we'll get to hear one day, but I can't say I'm all that enthusiastic about any new material written by this band. There's just no clear creative direction I can possibly see this band headed, it doesn't seem like an inspired creative effort to me. Whats the point? Why is this band together? Is this really about creating great music? There's just so much that I'm unsure of about this band that I would never even have to question with other groups... I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

If Axl wants to resurface with these guys and do Appetite for Democracy tours every few years that's fine by me, I think its great he's still doing shows. As for creating and releasing new material, I honestly couldn't care less at this point. Chinese Democracy is more than enough for now, if another album ever gets released I'll probably check it out but I'm certainly not waiting around for it like it matters or anything.

I'm an atheist.

Me too.

In the past I`ve been pretty naive about GNR(disappointed so many times release-date vise), but when i say 2012 to my balls they tickle, so 2012 will be the year we will get the next album! :thumbsup:

So I`m an atheist and a optimist! :)

I would say I am a realist. I try to be as logical about things considering GNR as I possibly can - whether it is positive or negative.

This. It's hard to be optimistic when there has been little activity in the past and so many plans that have fallen through.