How Many Copies Would CD 2 need to sell

Stipemanblue

How many copies would Chinese D. 2 need to sell for CD 3 to come out the next year. Okay, Sebastian said 2012 is the third album and the end of the trilogy when The General is released. If people walked into Best Buy this year in the fall and saw a GNR album with the same Chinese Democracy logo, no part 2 listed, just Chinese Democracy with a picture of a grenade that says How Are You? I think they would snatch up that cd immediately. The Grenade cover is startling and exciting. Plus the bike cover has the pointed arrow sign moving out of the basket. The blood drops on the grenade make an arrow also. I picture the bike, the grenade and the painting of the guy pulling the bandana around his head as the third album cover. That would be my ideal trilogy of album covers. OMG it would be spectacular. But the question is how many albums would CD2 need to sell to put out that third album the year after. I think a year is a good enough time span. GNR could still be on tour. It happens in movies like The Matrix and even Avatar where the first movie is released and then several years later the two movies following are released the same or a year apart. I also think it would be a bold, cool move to not even title it part 2 or 3. It's like you could arrange them in whatever order you wanted. Here's Chinese Democracy AGAIN, only with a different cover and different songs. It would be so awesome. Also, Best Buy might have reduced the price, just to get Chinese D. part 1 out the door and sold to make room for part 2. It's all speculation but it's just my hope that the trilogy could be released a year apart or within the same year for the following two albums.

How many copies would Chinese D. 2 need to sell for CD 3 to come out the next year. Okay, Sebastian said 2012 is the third album and the end of the trilogy when The General is released. If people walked into Best Buy this year in the fall and saw a GNR album with the same Chinese Democracy logo, no part 2 listed, just Chinese Democracy with a picture of a grenade that says How Are You? I think they would snatch up that cd immediately. The Grenade cover is startling and exciting. Plus the bike cover has the pointed arrow sign moving out of the basket. The blood drops on the grenade make an arrow also. I picture the bike, the grenade and the painting of the guy pulling the bandana around his head as the third album cover. That would be my ideal trilogy of album covers. OMG it would be spectacular. But the question is how many albums would CD2 need to sell to put out that third album the year after. I think a year is a good enough time span. GNR could still be on tour. It happens in movies like The Matrix and even Avatar where the first movie is released and then several years later the two movies following are released the same or a year apart. I also think it would be a bold, cool move to not even title it part 2 or 3. It's like you could arrange them in whatever order you wanted. Here's Chinese Democracy AGAIN, only with a different cover and different songs. It would be so awesome. Also, Best Buy might have reduced the price, just to get Chinese D. part 1 out the door and sold to make room for part 2. It's all speculation but it's just my hope that the trilogy could be released a year apart or within the same year for the following two albums.

No real way of knowing the answer. All said, I remember seeing Bach say that CD III would be out in 2012, which is funny now, as we would be lucky to get CD II in 2012. But I'm glad there is movement with RIR and other shows planned this year. Whether we get new songs played live, a re-release or a new album, will be a big big bonus.

I remember Axl saying, I think it was to Kurt Loder, "I'm not doing all this to keep it buried." Since 1999 Axl has been talking about a trilogy of albums. You have to almost not even think about it because it would be so exciting for GNR fans and even the fair weather fans. What I thought was interesting on the Eddie Trunk 2006 show was that Axl said, "We released that thing three times." He was talking about Appetite but could also have been referring to his plans for his Chinese D. trilogy.

I don't think he's doing any "Chinese Democracy trilogy", any more than Radiohead called Amnesiac "Kid A 2". It's been 2 1/2 years, and he's been touring under that name for a while.

It'll probably be a batch of songs he was in the middle of working on mixed in with some songs that are being written right now.

Bach is working on his own project. He's not a GNR spokesman. Ashba's a different story, because he's going to be collaborating on new songs, possibly sitting behind the console, writing new melodies over old ones, new solos over old, and at some point a song will come out of it. Or put back on the shelf. It's a new set of ears that's going to hear material going back over 15 years.

Or we might just see Axl put out a song at a time every few months.

But Springsteen had that many songs when he worked on "Darkness on the Edge of Town". Some of it wound up on "The River". Some of it wound up on "Tracks", and the rest of it on "The Promise", all of which is over a 30 year period of time.

There's other cases where a band had a bunch of songs recorded in one period of time that were doled out on other albums; The Doors' first 3 albums were pretty much recorded at the same time, and "Waiting For the Sun" was pretty much the leftovers of the first two albums.

Maybe Axl will go for digital distribution next time around. It'll save of having screwed up booklets, and space in Best Buys warehouse(s)

Edited by star

Maybe Axl will go for digital distribution next time around. It'll save of having screwed up booklets, and space in Best Buts warehouse(S)

That would actually probably be the best idea. If GNR on their website offered 14 new songs for sale or on I Tunes, it would help sell the tour, if in fact America is on the list of places for an extensive tour.

I think the best way to release a new GNR album would be for it to have pretty much nothing to do with Chinese Democracy, certainly in name. Just put out an album without any of the rpessure or the expectation that CD had to carry and perhaps it could be judged on its own merits as a musical release... that way it's not having to live up to anything and the lower people's expectations are, the more likely they are to be pleasantly surprised.

maybe the record company won't let him release cd2.

Why? If they can get more money they will do anything they can.

Payback for Axl disappearing for a year after CDI came out. I can totlaly see the record company being a cock-block for GNR. Not too far-fetched...

Beta confirmed in December 2009 (i beleive it was) that CD2 was turned into the label. then, 6 months or so later, MSL was reporting that the label wasn't interested in promoting a new GNR album at that time. (FUCK THEM :fuckyou: ). if that's the case, GNR should buy out of their contract and release it themselves. they could do up a limited number (like 5000) of "deluxe" packages with 180 gm vinyl, CDs, deluxe book of art, a k.

Trent Reznor did this with Ghosts, they had 2500 numbered and autographed copies selling for $350, and it sold out within hours. :xmassrudolph:

41CX251T3XL._SS500_.jpg

I remember Axl saying, I think it was to Kurt Loder, "I'm not doing all this to keep it buried." Since 1999 Axl has been talking about a trilogy of albums. You have to almost not even think about it because it would be so exciting for GNR fans and even the fair weather fans. What I thought was interesting on the Eddie Trunk 2006 show was that Axl said, "We released that thing three times." He was talking about Appetite but could also have been referring to his plans for his Chinese D. trilogy.

Oh my god

I can't deny this

I've been taught just to kill and fight this

To bury it deeper where nobody can find it

kkkkkk

maybe the record company won't let him release cd2.

I thought Axl had his own label. Black Frog?

But he is under contract w/ Universal, I guess.

(isn't is ironic, Axl being under contract? uhauhauhau)

Beta confirmed in December 2009 (i beleive it was) that CD2 was turned into the label.

Wait, what? I don't remember this.

I know she confirmed in early 08 or so that CD1 had been handed in, said nothing about CD2 since then...

Beta confirmed in December 2009 (i beleive it was) that CD2 was turned into the label.

I know she confirmed in early 08 or so that CD1 had been handed in, said nothing about CD2 since then...

I don't remember her saying anything about CD2 either...

i'm pretty sure she said it had been turned into the label, but I can't seem to find it now. maybe i'm thinking of the first record.

Beta confirmed in December 2009 (i beleive it was) that CD2 was turned into the label. then, 6 months or so later, MSL was reporting that the label wasn't interested in promoting a new GNR album at that time. (FUCK THEM :fuckyou: ). if that's the case, GNR should buy out of their contract and release it themselves. they could do up a limited number (like 5000) of "deluxe" packages with 180 gm vinyl, CDs, deluxe book of art, a k.

Trent Reznor did this with Ghosts, they had 2500 numbered and autographed copies selling for $350, and it sold out within hours. :xmassrudolph:

41CX251T3XL._SS500_.jpg

Trent signed his name 2500 - how boring :D

The 'three times' thing was in reference to Jungle not the album.

If it was called CD II then I think it would sell the same as CD. something about it being a trilogy would help build the excitement for CD III. it's all pretty cheap promo as well. CD has done as well as could be expected. They are opening Rio probably with Chi Dem you can't get much bigger.