Have You Ever Met a New GNR Fan Outside of the Forums?

cancerface

have you ever met someone who's a fan of new guns n' roses outside of the forum world? like walking down the street, or at a shop or something. a random place -- like not outside of a gnr show, or not arranging to meet someone in public that you met on a forum. have you ever struck up a conversation with a random rock fan, and it turned out they knew who dj ashba, richard fortus and bbf were? have you ever met someone who actually owned chinese democracy and knew the songs on it?

i haven't, which is why i come to the forums to chat about gnr. because nobody i know or meet in the real world still follows guns n' roses as a current day band, even if they were huge fans of gnr back in the day. i'm wondering if it's maybe just where i live. are there other places that maybe seem more interested in the current state of gnr?

if you've met real life chinese democracy fans, please share your stories.

Why you little trolling shit.

5 million copies.

Certified multi-platinum.

Packed shows across the globe.

But aside from all that, see what you don't understand is: Axl doesn't give a fuck about the fortune and glory any more. Unlike tophat. UNLIKE TOP HAT. I bet you feel really good about your lame assed, see-through stealth trolling failure. They deleted your other thread, so you just made the same thread you and your clones always make. Oh it's got a new skin, but it's the same old shit. Ultimately however, you have failed, and you and your ilk are failures. You will not accomplish anything other than to cupcake. Way to go. It takes a big intellect to cupcake, doesn't it? Oh wait. Well I guess it's all you can do. Maybe one day you'll be good at it. Good jerb there homestar.

seriously? what does slash have to do with chinese democracy? stop talking about him! and stop calling me names! instead, try telling us about one of the times you've met an actual person in the real world who knew anything about chinese democracy. or is your life a lot like the other people who've posted -- where you're completely alone with your obsession and rely on places like this as a pathetic last ditch attempt to validate your sickness with the illusion of community?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP is a fucking cupcake, WHY HASN'T THIS CUNTFACE BEEN BANNED YET? MODS, DO YOUR FUCKING JOB, THIS PLACE IS GOING DOWN THE SHITTER.

+1

Earth to mods!!

If you need backup let me know i'm on here quite often and can control the trolling.

LMFAO YOU do all the trolling yourself lmao

I know some people who went to a show VERY skeptical and came out fans.

I see people quite often on the street wearing new GNR shirts, but I don't know if they're actual fans or they just went to a show for the old songs and got a t shirt from there.

I once walked past a house going to the store and someone was blasting Chinese Democracy (song) very loud. When I came back from the store it was playing Whitesnake's Here I Go Again :shrugs:

Guest Len B'stard
Unlike tophat. UNLIKE TOP HAT.

Oh shut up you fuckin wanker. I'd like to see em pack out a gig with none of the songs that have "tophat" all over em. I dunno why people are obssessed with making some on-going Slash & Axl opera but the fact is, in terms of the music of Guns n Roses, Axl and Slash, whether you like it or not, are of equal importance and indivisible.

Hi Axl/Fernando/Beta/Bach.

Damn right. I put my gnr message board posts on my résumé when applying to be a roadie for gnr. Word on the street is only the most 1337 posters get chosen.

2978672439_99d6c2d584.jpg

Nahhh, I make posts like that all the time. It's not an overreaction, it's me putting the opening poster in his place; he's some annoying douchey guy who lives with his parents and spends a lot of time in the basement (I think the radon is frying his brain).

Nice picture though. Don't fuck with my muffin.

Well, this post screams "I need therapy"

Or maybe I'm just a little smarter than you. Thanks for quoting my post though there chief. Oh hey, did you apply the same standards to the O.P. in his thread that was locked by the mods? Hmmm...

seriously? what does slash have to do with chinese democracy? stop talking about him! and stop calling me names! instead, try telling us about one of the times you've met an actual person in the real world who knew anything about chinese democracy. or is your life a lot like the other people who've posted -- where you're completely alone with your obsession and rely on places like this as a pathetic last ditch attempt to validate your sickness with the illusion of community?

"What does Slash have to do with Chinese Democracy?" Wow are you really that dumb? The point is: Slash is after media attention, fortune and glory. AXL ISN'T. Why is that so hard for you and your clones to understand? Think reeeeeal hard about what that means for your thread. C'mon nubcake, I know you can do it.

I HAVE met an actual person in the real world who likes Chinese Democracy. In fact, I've met several. I'm not sure what little hick town you hail from (you sound like a pikey to me) but I've met several people who are fans of virtuoso guitar music (such as Vai, Buckethead, Petrucci, Impelliterri, Satch, etc), who are familiar with Chinese Democracy. Most of them like it. Now I will admit there are several who don't, but I'd say it's at three quarters who do have positive reviews of it.

Hey, I was wondering where your other thread went? You know, the one entitled "Have you ever killed anyone for not liking Chinese Democracy?" Talk about "obsession" and "sickness" and "pathetic." Hahaha they locked that thread. Which says a lot about you as a poster. That thread also says a lot about you as a human being. Hate to break it to ya. :D

Edited by mindsaber

I agree that someone shouldnt come here just to bash axl, but it should be ok for people to have a negative opinion of CD or his management of GNR.

And people who patrol the forum and only post to complain about anothers opinion is pretty sad.

You are correct.

But you know that 90% of the people on here that bash Axl on a daily basis are NOT coming to the forum to discuss chinese democracy or Axl's role in the music world over the past 15 years. They are coming SPECIFICALLY to bash Axl - end of story. Every post that gets made is just another chance to bash Axl or call the band some cute nickname out of ridicule.

I could care less if somebody doesn't like the album.

What I find annoying are the people who don't like it specifically because Slash isn't in the band, or because they don't think Axl should have kept the name. What in the hell does that have to do with the music?????

And people who come to a forum of a band that they don't like, who are led by a singer that they don't like, and a band that hasn't put out an album that they like in the past 15 years........are clowns. They aren't coming here to discuss or debate anything. They are coming soley and specifically to bash Axl. That is a fact that you cannot deny.

And Axl fans aren't "patrolling the forum" looking for complainers. Give me a break. These are FANS of the band, of Axl and of the last album. They come here to talk about those three things. This is a Guns n Roses forum. Why is that hard for people to understand?

If you love Ford and hate Chevys.....would you go to a Ford forum, or would you go to a Chevy forum and make 15 posts a day about how bad Chevy sucks and how great Fords are?

Any Slash Fan Boy that spends more time bashing Axl on a GnR forum than they do talking about Slash and all his projects on the VR or old gunners section is a cupcake. End of story.

it must be so hard for you guys to labor on with your love of this band in spite of all the cruel, mean, heartless cupcakes who dare to joke about the colossal fuck ups axl has championed in the name of gnr. you guys have it sooooo bad. my heart weeps for you all. you redefine martyrdom with every post. i think some starving kids in africa are taking up a collection on your behalf.

for what it's worth, i did like some of the sound effects at the beginning of chinese democracy. they made me think something really cool was about to happen.

Edited by cancerface

LOL at the mygr Axl police.

Well if anybody doesn't like Axl they should not be here :shrugs:

You aren't obligated to like the man to enjoy his music. I'm a fan of both new and old guns, and I listen to New Guns even more than old. But it's pretty hard to justify to myself liking Axl Rose as a man. So what if Slash is selling out and in it for the glory? At least he's a nice guy and he deserves it. I have difficulty saying the same of Axl Rose.

And as for the main question, no, I haven't met a new guns fan (that I hadn't made into one myself).

Edited by tuyfuvk17

it must be so hard for you guys to labor on with your love of this band in spite of all the cruel, mean, heartless cupcakes who dare to joke about the colossal fuck ups axl has championed in the name of gnr. you guys have it sooooo bad. my heart weeps for you all. i think some starving kids in africa are taking up a collection on your behalf.

for what it's worth, i did like some of the sound effects at the beginning of chinese democracy. they made me think something really cool was about to happen.

No, it isn't hard at all. We just don't understand why people who don't like Axl or what he has done with his career, would spend more time at a GnR forum bashing him than they spend at a VR of Slash forum praising the man they worship. It just seems weird to most people.

Most people go to forums of things/items/people/bands/etc that they enjoy. And they do so to chat with other fans. We just don't get the logic of somebody wanting to hang out on a forum of a band that they don't like. A band that they hate the lead singer, hate everything he has done, and who hasn't put out an album that they like in the past 15 years. Makes no sense to normal people.

You do realize you are coming daily to a forum of somebody that you yourself refer to as "the colossal fuck up Axl has championed in the name of gnr."

We come here because we like the singer Axl Rose. You come here because you dislike him. Which one makes more sense?

I'd love to stay and chat more tonight about this. But I really really cannot stand American Idol, so I need to go spend the next hour at an American Idol forum so I can bash the show and all it's fans. Good night!

i'll try to clear it up as best i can:

it's more fun to talk about axl than slash because axl's failures have been far more spectacular and far more interesting than slash's successes.

i don't feel i have to like a piece of art to enjoy talking about it. i don't feel i have to worship someone to enjoy talking about them.

also, i don't come here daily. i may come here daily for a week, then not be back for half a year or so.

and by this point, posting here has more to do with this bizarre community than it does with the music axl doesn't make anymore.

i do like guns n' roses, even if i didn't like their last album. try not to cry too much about it, you adorable little baby. every band i like has made some music i didn't. it's not my fault that axl's gearing up for the tenth underwhelming year of the chinese democracy world tour. i wish he'd do something new as much as you do. and i still keep my fingers crossed that it won't suck!

Edited by cancerface

i'll try to clear it up as best i can:

it's more fun to talk about axl than slash because axl's failures have been far more spectacular and far more interesting than slash's successes.

i don't feel i have to like a piece of art to enjoy talking about it. i don't feel i have to worship someone to enjoy talking about them.

also, i don't come here daily. i may come here daily for a week, then not be back for half a year or so.

and by this point, posting here has more to do with this bizarre community than it does with the music axl doesn't make anymore.

i do like guns n' roses, even if i didn't like their last album. try not to cry too much about it, you adorable little baby. every band i like has made some music i didn't. it's not my fault that axl's gearing up for the tenth underwhelming year of the chinese democracy world tour. i wish he'd do something new as much as you do. and i still keep my fingers crossed that it won't suck!

Great post. But then u throw in a line about me crying like a baby? No, I am stating my opinion just like you are doing. If I agreed with you and posted about it....would you say I was crying? No. But if somebody disagrees with you....then they are crying? That is just weird logic.

Besides that stupid line I agree with most of what you said.

I have met a few. When the first IRS leak happened I sent it to a few people and the best reaction I got was "It's alright, but not as good as the old band". The rest were the same but missing some "it's alright" bit. I didn't get this because at the time I thought IRS was the shit.

When TWAT leaked I was amazed by the buckethead/finck solo and showed people who actually dug the solo but developed no further interest in the song or band.

Then when CD came out one of my friends (those kind of friends you see only at parties and on facebook) posted that he loved the album on his facebook.

That's it. No one else. Only people surprised they're still together, think Axl is a crazy douche, or hate the new band with a passion.

This thread is funny though, I have to say. The Axl nuthuggers jump all over the OP because I guess he has a reputation? If Volcano or Ucudbemine made this thread they wouldn't be accused of trolling... This thread isn't trolling, I find it interesting. Axl nuthuggers just say it is because they can't reply intelligently with stories of people they met who like CD since they really are a rare breed so people like Volcano use terrible arguments like "Well, there's thousands at their show!" and "you're a cupcake!". The worst of the lot is Mindsaber, it's like he just chooses what to argue even though it's so unrelated to the conversation and uses the WORST tactics to get his point across: aggressive douchbaggery with personal attacks and little point to the real topic. Slash is an attention whore? CD sold 5 million or whatever? The fuck are you even arguing about? Please don't reply to me though, I won't be replying back to you.

It seems the Axl nuthuggers bring up Slash more than anyone else nowadays, just because everyone in the real world thinks of Axl and Slash together as GNR doesn't mean you have to attack Slash whenever anyone is critical of the nu band. There's plenty of other reasons besides Slash to not like GNR post 1994.

And you are throwing out bait to see how many bite,just for shits n' giggles,and to draw attention to yourself,as well as belittle and berate anyone who takes a pro-GNR stance. Chidem did sell over 5 mil,despite Best Buy and Azoff, I think it overshadows anything the rest of the alumni have done,AND GNR is headlining RIR! Yes I'm pro GNR,moving along with the evolution,and not stuck in the past. If you don't like GNR,why come here to complain?

Okay a couple things. I do think this is a legitamate topic. Secondly, people throw the 5 million CD sale. Is that all Best Buy buying them upfront or is that actual sales and what is the source?

Legitimate topic? Sure beats some of the outlandish fuckery that has been posted recently.

A search engine along with the ability to actually operate one will get your results and you don't even have to possess opposible thumbs . :lol: