Kanye West and Jay-Z's new album to feature GNR?

Steamboat

http://www.ddotomen.com/2011/07/18/kanye-west-x-jay-z-watch-the-throne-tracklist-production-credits/

Welcome To The Jungle

(K. West, S. Carter, K. Dean, M. Dean)

Please Gimme My Publishing|EMI Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)/EMI April Music, Inc.|Carter Boys Music (ASCAP)/Swizz Beats|Universal Tunes, a division of Songs of Universal (SESAC)/Papa George Music (BMI)

Produced by Swizz Beatz for Swizz Beatz Productions

Co-Produced by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions

Additional production by Ken Lewis

Recorded by Noah Goldstein at Tribeca Grand Hotel, NYC and (The Mercer) Hotel, New York

Mixed by Mike Dean for Dean’s List Productions at (The Mercer) Hotel, New York

Additional vocals: Swizz Beatz, Acapella Soul

[NFP: Kanye West, Shawn Carter, Kasseem Dean, Mike Dean]

I think it would be cool even if they just sampled it, but i would be super excited if they got Axl to record something

thoughts?

Uh oh. I wouldn't be surprised, considering Jay-Z had done a song called Guns And Roses and there's that line in the Power remix "They're tryin' to Axl Rose you, welcome to the jungle."

yeah, I wonder if they know each other at all, It was kind of nice how Jay says in that song fuck all the labels they tryna axl rose you, as if he understood axls struggle with universal or something but who knows..

the song might have nothing to do with GnR anyway..

I think it would be cool even if they just sampled it, but i would be super excited if they got Axl to record something

thoughts?

Not a chance in hell of that happening.

True lol, although in one of his periods of absence he was hired to record dialogue for a video game and accepted.. so who knows

maybe the song has nothing to do with Gn'R anyway

True lol, although in one of his periods of absence he was hired to record dialogue for a video game and accepted.. so who knows

maybe the song has nothing to do with Gn'R anyway

And that, in all honesty was pretty cool...makes it more fun for me when I'm playing Grand Theft Auto to hear Axl's voice.

I am leaning towards the "nothing to do with GN'R" side.

Fuck This Shit.

It's like Slash and Cypress Hill and Fergie :thumbsdown:

...this is way different. These are 2 of the most talented and respected artists of their genre. Also they're far more relevant in our time than Cypress Hill, and are taken much more seriously than Fergie. For Jay and Kanye to pay a sort of respect like this (which from their, specifically Jay's, actions I can assume they're doing) is a pretty great thing for the Guns legacy. Maybe they may get the original downloaded some more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

NWA did a song called Appetite for Destruction too, God we're low on news aren't we? Fuck, i could've made a thread out of this post, oh well..