Richard Fortus : is he pulling a Robert Finch ?

The Glow Inc.

if you're getting pissed off by random postings on the net, you got bigger issues.

I'm sure you're surrounded by people with really big issues, Sunny. :shrugs:

Let's face it while Axl's current band are all fine musicians in their own right they are pretty much faceless to the average fan. If RF left the band Axl will just replace him with another very talented guitar player and other than NuGnR fans on this forum nobody would even notice the change...It is not like the current band has any original music to claim as their own so they are all replaceable parts except Axl.......it is not like this has not happened before......

You're right. The general public wouldn't notice it at all. Maybe except for DJ, because of his 'appearance', but other than that, they have no idea who (is or is gonna be) up there with Axl.

The "general public" have no idea GNR still exist. Sadly...

They still sell out areas and stadiums across the world..(well, minus the USA), so someone must know of them.................

if you're getting pissed off by random postings on the net, you got bigger issues.

Let's face it while Axl's current band are all fine musicians in their own right they are pretty much faceless to the average fan. If RF left the band Axl will just replace him with another very talented guitar player and other than NuGnR fans on this forum nobody would even notice the change...It is not like the current band has any original music to claim as their own so they are all replaceable parts except Axl.......it is not like this has not happened before......

You're right. The general public wouldn't notice it at all. Maybe except for DJ, because of his 'appearance', but other than that, they have no idea who (is or is gonna be) up there with Axl.

They still sell out areas and stadiums across the world..(well, minus the USA), so someone must know of them.................

That and they have over seven million Facebook followers. I think the word is getting out to those that want to pay attention.

What people don't understand on this board is that not everybody knows or cares who is in a bad. If a band has a bunch of songs they like, that's all they need to know. I love TOOL, but I can't list off the members, save for the front man Maynard. I'd still go see them live in a heart beat.

That and they have over seven million Facebook followers. I think the word is getting out to those that want to pay attention.

What people don't understand on this board is that not everybody knows or cares who is in a bad. If a band has a bunch of songs they like, that's all they need to know. I love TOOL, but I can't list off the members, save for the front man Maynard. I'd still go see them live in a heart beat.

It's almost at 11 million now

And agreed, W.A.S.P. are one of my favourite bands, but I can't remember the names of the other three guys apart from Blackie Lawless (the only remaining original member)..and the ones I do I can't remember which instrument they play..but I know they kick arse, both on their new stuff and the old ones.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

http://www.newsquod.com/643161/thin-lizzy-announce-tour-uk-2012/

"The new group lineup features former members of Guns N Roses, The Almighty, and Whitesnake. Richard Fortus, Marco Mendoza, and Ricky Warwick have joined with Gorham, Downey, and Wharton to deliver a musical fusion that would make Lynott proud."

Nor has Richard been denying speculation (in terms of him opting for Thin Lizzy) fans are presenting him via email.

Guest siliconmessiah

"The new group lineup features former members of Guns N Roses, The Almighty, and Whitesnake. Richard Fortus, Marco Mendoza, and Ricky Warwick have joined with Gorham, Downey, and Wharton to deliver a musical fusion that would make Lynott proud."

Nor has Richard been denying speculation (in terms of him opting for Thin Lizzy) fans are presenting him via email.

Does this open for Izzy coming back this fall?

No big deal, each hired hand can be replaced by another. Axl is Guns N'Roses, and as long as he is on stage, that's all that matters. Such is the way of New GN'R :shrugs:

http://www.newsquod....e-tour-uk-2012/

Problem is can Izzy handle the new guitar work from Chinese Democracy?

C'mon people, Izzys not coming back... you guys are dreaming high. It'd be easier to have Finck or Tobias replace him, but I don't think that would happen. IF he's really out, which I don't think so, he'd either be replaced by someone new or won't be replaced at all, we'd just stay with DJ and Bumblefoot.

C'mon people, Izzys not coming back... you guys are dreaming high. It'd be easier to have Finck or Tobias replace him, but I don't think that would happen. IF he's really out, which I don't think so, he'd either be replaced by someone new or won't be replaced at all, we'd just stay with DJ and Bumblefoot.

Izzy was the first one to get fed up and leave. To this day Axl's still doing the very things that make Izzy leave.

And agreed, W.A.S.P. are one of my favourite bands, but I can't remember the names of the other three guys apart from Blackie Lawless (the only remaining original member)..and the ones I do I can't remember which instrument they play..but I know they kick arse, both on their new stuff and the old ones.

Whoa Good taste,love WASP! :)

http://www.newsquod....e-tour-uk-2012/

Reunion starts NOW :thumbsup:

No big deal, each hired hand can be replaced by another. Axl is Guns N'Roses, and as long as he is on stage, that's all that matters. Such is the way of New GN'R :shrugs:

Such was the way of Gn'R since the beginning. Tracii and the boys can't make it to Seattle? Fuck 'em. Steven's too fucked up to play? Fuck him. Izzy wants to leave? Fuck him too.

This is hardly exclusive to new Gn'R.

the hard bit is Buckethead's runs, the rest of it is pretty straight forward. I'm sure he can guitar-punch as good as Fortus.

I'm really glad BBF isn't the one leaving then.

Guest siliconmessiah

It would be more than fantastic to see the return of a man that also featured on Chinese Democracy - Robin Finck!

He was always so cool to the fans!

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ah fuck.....not this again

A fan of WASP is a friend of Seely :thumbsup:

Y

A fan of WASP is a friend of Seely :thumbsup:

Have loved WASP for years! Blackie Lawless rocks! :thumbsup:

Guest siliconmessiah

That would be HUGE news!

If you ask us, the hardcore fanbase, it´s huge news.

I really like Fortus, his sound and way on stage.

But if I told anyone "Who´s Fortus", they´ll probably not think of GNR.

So not huge news in the music world of today.

Sadly

Twat great point. The 6-7 posters on here that hate Axl and are obsessed with the "name" GnR think that the rest of the music work fans feel the same as they do. Which is obviously not the case.

Axl and the band have millions of fans across the world. Lots of fans are dissaponted that slash and Duff and Izzy aren't in the band. But they aren't. But most of us have accepted it and moved on. Bummer but what can u do. Cry about it for 20 years?

They've changed it. They said there was a mistake in the editing of the text. It now says "features members of Guns N'..." etc.

Guest siliconmessiah

They've changed it. They said there was a mistake in the editing of the text. It now says "features members of Guns N'..." etc.

Good news for us fans then, Fortus is a great stage personality and a good player.

Someone must have seen this thread.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guns is playing in Mexico City on the 18th of October, which is one of the same dates that Thin Lizzy is playing. The plot thickens. I do think Richard is staying in the band though. I would be beyond surprised if he left Gun's at this critical point.

I wish that Guns N´ Roses would release a new album and Axl to get out all that there´s in the vaults and release it in a fine box set.

Fuck that would be a cool thing to do!

Especially if they followed that up by touring the U.S. with Clutch and Living Colour. That'd be my dream tour.