Richard Fortus : is he pulling a Robert Finch ?

The Glow Inc.

I like Fortus but I think all the key players ( as in- the guys who could come up with great material) all jumped ship years ago, starting with Freese, then Tobias, Bucket, Brain and then finally Robin.

Tobias is different though. It wasn't cause of Axl, it was just Paul is not interested being on tour. At least not on that scale. He's still a part of it imo. He's like the ninth (lmao) member of Gn'R.

I like Fortus but I think all the key players ( as in- the guys who could come up with great material) all jumped ship years ago, starting with Freese, then Tobias, Bucket, Brain and then finally Robin.

Tobias is different though. It wasn't cause of Axl, it was just Paul is not interested being on tour. At least not on that scale. He's still a part of it imo. He's like the ninth (lmao) member of Gn'R.

i wonder if and to what extent Paul is still involved. Aside from Axl, I think he was the key songwriter on CD.

Was he?

Maybe you're right, but has Paul ever told his side of the story?

The end result is the same though, I doubt he'll be back.

Was he?

When Paul left, Axl said that he was still going to be a part of things from the creative end. Of course, that was 12-13 years ago so I don't know if that still stands. I bet that Paul has writing credits on the next record though.

Was he?

Axl talked about it a little, that's my source of information. My point is: I don't think he ever truly left. He's a silent partner of sorts: he'll help from inside the vault with writing cool tunes. Help his friend out. Axl N' Paul are a cool writing duo. He will probably always be available artistically for Axl to use, which is fuckin' great imo.

When Paul left, Axl said that he was still going to be a part of things from the creative end. Of course, that was 12-13 years ago so I don't know if that still stands. I bet that Paul has writing credits on the next record though.

Axl blamed Buckethead for all kinds of shit when he left, which was just a load of shite.

"Thrown under the bus" is a good way to describe what happened to Bucket, publically.

I have no doubt Paul will have a heavy songwriting presence on the next album, if there ever if one.

edit: I guess what I'm getting at is that "Axl said..." isn't exactly believable, given the track record, he's said a whole shit ton of stuff regarding his new GNR and it never happened.

Edited by DR DOOM

Was he?

Axl talked about it a little, that's my source of information. My point is: I don't think he ever truly left. He's a silent partner of sorts: he'll help from inside the vault with writing cool tunes. Help his friend out. Axl N' Paul are a cool writing duo. He will probably always be available artistically for Axl to use, which is fuckin' great imo.

That is exactly how i feel. Paul is (or was) Axl's new Izzy.

Axl blamed Buckethead for all kinds of shit when he left, which was just a load of shite.

"Thrown under the bus" is a good way to describe what happened to Bucket, publically.

I have no doubt Paul will have a heavy songwriting presence on the next album, if there ever if one.

edit: I guess what I'm getting at is that "Axl said..." isn't exactly believable, given the track record, he's said a whole shit ton of stuff regarding his new GNR and it never happened.

It's believable to me. He didn't lie, he shared his big plans that never became reality cause he was too insecure and insane to make his move in time.

It's believable to me. He didn't lie, he shared his big plans that never became reality cause he was too insecure and insane to make his move in time.

Well, you'll believe anything then, won't you?

:P

I believe Axl believes those things when he says them. Who knows though?

No, I'll believe what's believable, like for example: everything Axl ever said in his life. ;)

Edited by Rovim

What really did he say though? Most of it is just other people assuming things. Sometimes I think he was just being optimistic and people filled in the blanks for themselves. He said they had about 3 records worth of material and that very well could be true. He was wrong about the release dates a few times. Don't get me wrong, I'd have liked to see things work out differently than they have, but I can't really say that I think or feel Axl's just been going around lying about shit for the past 13-14 years or whatever.