Chinese Democracy 2 - Its a long way to the summit

Guest Gunns

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there?

no.

Such positivity! I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

just answered question

I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

so do i

No, you're just a douche cupcake who will now go to some lame-assed lesser gnr forum and brag about your trolling. Pathetic. It's ok, your urban dictionary entry is priceless. lmao

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there?

no.

Such positivity! I'm looking forward to the next step because I actually like GNR.

just answered question

so do i

No, you're just a douche cupcake who will now go to some lame-assed lesser gnr forum and brag about your trolling. Pathetic. It's ok, your urban dictionary entry is priceless. lmao

THIS. Back on point. I think "Atlas Shrugged" by itself will be worth the wait. I also want to mention "Soul Monster".

I don't think GN'R have to, or are bothered with chasing 'mainstream' success. The album will sell if it comes out and people will continue to come see them play. I doubt they're looking for much more at this point.

Guest ben9785

I'm resigned to waiting but without any expectation anymore. Before it came out I said I'd be grateful to just see "Chinese Democracy" released and I am still very much enjoying that album, but considering what I've heard, I'd be disappointed if there was no more to come.

no.

just answered question

so do i

All your answers are like this, short and shit. You add nothing to this place.

I agree Sunnydre never has anything positive to say.

i make plenty of positive of pots. you a few others just read my post a certain way. i don't care about that.

no.

just answered question

so do i

i do post on other board. but i've never engaged in any of the trolling off this board, by some of the other members.....i don't think i have ever even commented on it. i really just don't give two shits about that stuff really....nor your opinion of me...you're just some random faceless dude, who i don't know, nor will ever met..you thinking i'm douche or cupcake or whatever is not anything i care about or bothers me, *shrugs* i'm going to keep posting the way i always do.

Let's ask sunnydre if that never-was in his sig ever even got close enough to see a summit. lulz

they do ok for themselves.

no.

just answered question

so do i

i do post on other board. but i've never engaged in any of the trolling off this board, by some of the other members.....i don't think i have ever even commented on it. i really just don't give two shits about that stuff really....nor your opinion of me...you're just some random faceless dude, who i don't know, nor will ever met..you thinking i'm douche or cupcake or whatever is not anything i care about or bothers me, *shrugs* i'm going to keep posting the way i always do.

Let's ask sunnydre if that never-was in his sig ever even got close enough to see a summit. lulz

they do ok for themselves.

It's impressive how you manage to get into a discussion in every thread you post on! NICE!!

Complain about the lack of albums. The lack of communication. Whether you like the album or not.

The problem is, that even if you complain about the things above, some people, not many though, keeps on defending his actions.

Axl turned the GNR-ship into a nostalgia act with a Slash-wannabee aboard. His ego fucked up a couple of promising line-ups and the silence is killing this band day by day.

This is the truth. I´ve been here since 2001 and seen everything happen. It´s sad, because I really wanted Axl´s new guns to succeed.

There was a good album out (CD), but that is probably all we´ll hear from GNR again, other than AFD-shows.

Not everybody agrees with you though.

If I go to a GnR show this year, i want to hear Axl and the band do scom and jungle and nightrain, etc. Axl helped create those songs so he should allowed to play them. VR is allowed to play its so easy. Ozzy can sing black Sabbath songs. Sebastian Bach can sing skid row songs. DLR and Sammy can tour solo and sing van halen songs. The list is endless.

It is Rock and Roll!!!!! A concert is something to go and enjoy.....not sit back and be pissed because you are mad at a fight the singer and guitar player had 20 years ago. Or because you don't like the name of the band.

This nostalgic insult is silly. Every band plays their classic songs on tour. And also portions of their new album. If VR tours again, are they only allowed to play songs of their new album and none off their first two? If all bands only played their new songs and no classics..concert attendance would plummet. Die-hard fans would still go. But casual fans wouldn't.

Your putting a standard on Axl that has never been put on any other band in history.

And the silence thing sucks. But it is hardly killing the band. Outside of a bands forum, people aren't standing on pins and needles waiting for album news. There are bands I really enjoy.....and I know nothing about their off season plans. I haven't heard a quote from Dave mustaine in a year....omg, does that mean his band is dead? I don't know who the lead singer of vh is right now. But I will check out their next album.

Axl Rose isn't a God. His music isn't going to change the world. Or influence an entire generation. That happens very rarely in music. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy whatever music he decides to share with us. And take it for what it is. Rock and roll. It is as simple as that. Put it in that perspective and all the name and fueds and all that offstage drama that forum members are obsessed with do not seem that important.

Cd2 will be the final leg in the journey towards the GnR summit of success. At such a high altitude, the stakes have never been bigger, and there are only 2 possible outcomes, GnR match/or do better than CD in terms of quality and success or worse than CD.

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there? or when Axl finally gets around to releasing CD2,will it not be what we expected and in terms of quality or sound, and will it shade in comparison of every aspect to CD?

It really feels like this album will be the last chance to shutup all the reunionites and press who tore CD down primarily due to it being an 'Axl' band or the long wait/high expectations (even though CD is my favourite GnR album).

I love the current band, don't get me wrong, but apart from Axl's constant tinkering with songs and adding 'finishing touches', maybe a few current members who want to write new songs with Axl are the only ones in the way from a clean run in the CD2 sleigh to the top of Mt Release.

Today I got a better quality pair of headphones for my Ipod. CD sounds completely different in a good way. I have a whole new appreciation for it.

Guest gunns5

Cd2 will be the final leg in the journey towards the GnR summit of success. At such a high altitude, the stakes have never been bigger, and there are only 2 possible outcomes, GnR match/or do better than CD in terms of quality and success or worse than CD.

My question is, will GnR ever have a chance at reaching the top of the Summit where they once stood and will CD2 be the ticket that will take them there? or when Axl finally gets around to releasing CD2,will it not be what we expected and in terms of quality or sound, and will it shade in comparison of every aspect to CD?

It really feels like this album will be the last chance to shutup all the reunionites and press who tore CD down primarily due to it being an 'Axl' band or the long wait/high expectations (even though CD is my favourite GnR album).

I love the current band, don't get me wrong, but apart from Axl's constant tinkering with songs and adding 'finishing touches', maybe a few current members who want to write new songs with Axl are the only ones in the way from a clean run in the CD2 sleigh to the top of Mt Release.

Today I got a better quality pair of headphones for my Ipod. CD sounds completely different in a good way. I have a whole new appreciation for it.

Agreed, I thought I appreciated CD when I listened to it in my car, but good quality head/earphones makes a world of difference.

I want GNR to survive, be an active band and release music on a regular basis. It would be a good move to release CD 2 in coincidence with the fall tour.

But I have never been as unsure about this during the years as a fan 1999-2011, as I am right now.

Another merry-go-round of CD/AFD-tour is not what this band needs to survive.

With that said, I won´t believe there´ll be a South American Tour until the minute the band hits that stage in October.

You may call me pessimistic. But...well, I´ve been around and seen it happen.

"In coincidence"?? Like it happens by accident? Try coincide :lol: Hate to break the news but bands do usually play their iconic songs at shows.GNR even mixed up some AFD and to a lesser degree Lies cuts when they were touring the yet to be released UYIs in 91.

I hope there's some short catchy songs on CD2, some happy tunes, and less angry, paranoid stuff.

I like the angry,paranoid stuff It's like fuel for life.God I hope there is absolutely nothing that is short and catchy or radio-friendly.

Guest gunns5

Do you think axl achieved what he wanted to achieve with CD, and if he didn't, do you think he will with CD2, in terms of song selection (leaks probably affected CDtracklist), promotion etc.

or will Axl just be content this time 'round just getting music out there allbeit through 99cent iTunes if he has to?

Guest siliconmessiah

I don't think GN'R have to, or are bothered with chasing 'mainstream' success. The album will sell if it comes out and people will continue to come see them play. I doubt they're looking for much more at this point.

I don´t give a shit about mainstream success.

I just want Axl to keep his promises about a trilogy of albums and how he told us how he kept the GNR-name to release music and to let it live on.

In my humble opinion. I don´t think that 10 years between albums counts into this. But keep on defending it. I think Axl and the tarnished GNR legacy needs it.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think Axl and the tarnished GNR legacy needs it.

Does the public need it? Does a label need it? Does an outlet (such as Best Buy) want it? It’s not as simplistic as Axl suddenly going into “intent on releasing an album” mode (with everything else acting accordingly).

Guest siliconmessiah

I think Axl and the tarnished GNR legacy needs it.

Does the public need it? Does a label need it? Does an outlet (such as Best Buy) want it? It’s not as simplistic as Axl suddenly going into “intent on releasing an album” mode (with everything else acting accordingly).

If he really wanted to, he could just do it his way.

I just want Axl to keep his promises about a trilogy of albums and how he told us how he kept the GNR-name to release music and to let it live on.

In my humble opinion. I don´t think that 10 years between albums counts into this. But keep on defending it. I think Axl and the tarnished GNR legacy needs it.

He didn't promise you anything. It was the plan to release 3 albums, maybe, but plans change, especially over the space of a decade! Plus, you're a terrible fan, you don't deserve anything... you couldn't even hack the wait without turning against them - you're weak dude! You're a turncoat!

You really need to get over this, move on to something else, you take this WAY too seriously! Really, don't be such a little girl. No need to cry about it... it's only rock n' roll. There's lots of other great bands out there for you to check it out. Bands that release album regularly. Dry your eyes and check this out, it rocks hard.

Guest gunns5

The band should do a documentary if a new album is released, like Metallica's some kind of monster for the St.Anger cd..

Thats the greatest thing they could do! I was sort of expecting that with CD1.

after seeing the backstage interview of Abu Dhabi?, I think it would be a great idea for the band to do.

They all get along backstage really well, and constantly crack jokes at each others and their own expense, and having a documantary of tours and even part of the recording process will be an excellent idea on all fronts, I can't see any disadvantages.

Just imagine if the members involved in the making of the CD /CD2 process (tommy, pitman, dizzy, axl, 4tus) talked about first creating the songs, then the more recent members, Frank, Bumble, Dj talked about adding bits and touring with the band, it would provide some great insight and really cement this incarnation of GnR in its own rightful place as not just a kick ass touring band, but as a kick ass band.

Edited by gunns5

The band should do a documentary if a new album is released, like Metallica's some kind of monster for the St.Anger cd..

Thats the greatest thing they could do! I was sort of expecting that with CD1.

after seeing the backstage interview of Abu Dhabi?, I think it would be a great idea for the band to do.

They all get along backstage really well, and constantly crack jokes at each others and their own expense, and having a documantary of tours and even part of the recording process will be an excellent idea on all fronts, I can't see any disadvantages.

Just imagine if the members involved in the making of the CD /CD2 process (tommy, pitman, dizzy, axl, 4tus) talked about first creating the songs, then the more recent members, Frank, Bumble, Dj talked about adding bits and touring with the band, it would provide some great insight and really cement this incarnation of GnR in its own rightful place as not just a kick ass touring band, but as a kick ass band.

They do have good chemistry together. I wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines,but I'm not going to come here and bitch if it doesn't happen.

He didn't promise you anything. It was the plan to release 3 albums, maybe, but plans change, especially over the space of a decade! Plus, you're a terrible fan, you don't deserve anything... you couldn't even hack the wait without turning against them - you're weak dude! You're a turncoat!

You really need to get over this, move on to something else, you take this WAY too seriously! Really, don't be such a little girl. No need to cry about it... it's only rock n' roll. There's lots of other great bands out there for you to check it out. Bands that release album regularly. Dry your eyes and check this out, it rocks hard.

Yeah,silicon is one of the rats that is constantly jumping on and off the GNR ship.I can't really take him seriously.