Live Slash DVD.. They are filming tonight!

HowlinWolf

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks for the head's up. I think I'll wait until people actually get their Blu Ray discs and find out if it is indeed region free before I order.

I've been told that blu ray isn't regionalized. Only regular DVDs are. I have the blu ray preordered on amazon.uk to be shipped to me in the US.

Cool, thanks for the head's up. I think I'll wait until people actually get their Blu Ray discs and find out if it is indeed region free before I order.

I've been told that blu ray isn't regionalized. Only regular DVDs are. I have the blu ray preordered on amazon.uk to be shipped to me in the US.

You've been told wrong.

Blu-ray can be and quite often is regionalized.

Amazon.uk is listing it as not regionalized...they HAVE been wrong about that before (trust me).

Eagle Rock is claiming it is not.

Blu-ray.com is (wisely) not confirming yet.

I have a feeling it is not,but I'll wait till someone confirms before I buy.

anyone other than Amazon selling these?

Yes Play.com, Fnac.com, best Buy, Hmv,....(depends on where you're from) you can find blu ray, DVD or 2 CDs easily ! :thumbsup:

Japan editions are only sold.... in Japan but I think you can get it from cdjapan.com rock3

Edited by Slash2baz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blu ray I haven't seen available in the US, but the DVD is. Best buy and amazon I believe both have it. I preordered the blu ray from amazon uk. Crossing my fingers that it's region free and will play in my player.

Initially Amazon.uk had the blu-ray listed as region free.I just checked and they've changed it to PAL Region 2.

:( ...still hoping it is region free

This is fucking BULLSHIT! I guess I didn't really read these threads close enough.. I don't want a fucking live CD.. I alreday have the Manchster show and teh Instant Live from the show that I went to.. I have been patiently waiting for like 2 months to get tehis Blue Ray or DVD and now I cannot get it?? WTF?? Fucking pathetic..

Yeah. I think it's pretty crappy that there doesnt seem to be a US friendly full show video available. I'm still hoping the blu ray is region free too, too, Zint. I'm taking my chances. I preordered it in Sept (when it was listed as region free....) and it has shipped. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Yeah. I think it's pretty crappy that there doesnt seem to be a US friendly full show video available. I'm still hoping the blu ray is region free too, too, Zint. I'm taking my chances. I preordered it in Sept (when it was listed as region free....) and it has shipped. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Hopefully it works.. I was sooo looking forward to this, especially after seeing a couple songs on youtube... Someone said something about copyright issues with Axl.. i am not sure if that makes sense if they are releasing it in other countries.

"A bonus live DVD is packaged with the special edition of Made In Stoke; featuring a mere five of the 21 songs performed live, as well as an interview with Slash, serving as an enormous tease. The top-hatted guitarist explains that, “The whole concert was released on DVD in The UK and the rest of Europe. The typical licensing issues that we have, having to do with Guns N’ Roses stuff applied in The States so I couldn’t release the entire package. If you want to get the whole concert, you have to buy an import.” "

"A bonus live DVD is packaged with the special edition of Made In Stoke; featuring a mere five of the 21 songs performed live, as well as an interview with Slash, serving as an enormous tease. The top-hatted guitarist explains that, “The whole concert was released on DVD in The UK and the rest of Europe. The typical licensing issues that we have, having to do with Guns N’ Roses stuff applied in The States so I couldn’t release the entire package. If you want to get the whole concert, you have to buy an import.” "

such fucking bullshit...Just pay Axl, the record company or whoever their royalties so I can get this DVD lol..

Edited by HowlinWolf

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today from Amazon U.K. as I live in the U.S. and was pleasantly surpised to find out it says Region 0, NTSC U.S. video format on the back cover! Other than having to pay more to get it from the U.K it should play perfectly in any U.S. DVD player.......looking forward to cranking it through the surround sound system tonight..............

Pay more? A little surprised to hear that based on my recent experiences. How much was the DVD? I thought the blu ray was a good deal. $21.85 shipped and I'm not even sure that was the final price. I actually got a reimbursement because the price went down between the time I ordered it and the time it was shipped (I think the difference was only about $.30, but still good to see I was getting something back).

I also ordered Alter Bridge's AB III.5 (full album plus 3 bonus tracks and a separate 1hr documentary DVD) from them. Two (including shipping) were only like $4 more than one in the US.