NIKKI SIXX jumps a fan for filming....

Gordon Comstock

Nikki has turned into a giant douche! On the Gen Swine tour they encouraged people to bring video cameras, tape recorders, and any other bootlegging equipment. Same when I saw them a year later on the Greatest Hits tour, then again on the New Tattoo tour. Here in the last couple of years Nikki has begun to turn into another Gene Simmons. I would go see Vince solo ( cheaper and you get virtually the same setlist, and I think Zoltan is just as good a drummer as Tommy), but I won't pay to see Motley again.

@RickRoses: Thanks for posting a pic of that poster. I used to have 1 I had gotten from a record shop. Only difference on mine was that it had the Cheap Trick logo under where it says Special Guest (they opened the show I went to).

Edited by tat2d1

Then he responded with this on his blog: "There was a recent event at one of our shows where someone threw a bottle at me during my speech and I got pretty pissed.

"The way it happened is, I threw a bottle of water to some fans and didn't realise the very bottle I threw to the fans was thrown back at me. I have to admit, bands get pretty pissed when people throw shit at you onstage. I didn't even think it was the same bottle, so with that being said, I'd like to say I'm sorry to the fan who threw the bottle back at me.

"These damn cliches seem to be true, like two wrongs don't make a right... Rock 'n' roll, and temper tantrums… P.S.: These self-help books are really helping. Ha-Ha."

Guest Len B'stard

Maybe if you put yourself in the position of other fans in the crowd then you might see his point. With modern technology these days it's obviously common for people to take short clips of live shows on their mobile phones just as a little memento of the concert, however wouldn't you be pissed off if you were trying to enjoy the show but some knobhead is stood in front of you with his camera filming the show and blocking your and many other people's view of the band? I went to see Devin Townsend in Glasgow earlier in the year and some guy was stood there for like 10 mins at a time filming away (and no he wasn't filming as part of the band crew) and getting in other people's way. It's just plain ignorance.

What was he filming with, a concorde wing? How could he possibly obscure your view with a little camera?

Edited by sugaraylen

Could never understand how people can be bothered filming stuff at concerts... I mean you're there so why not experience the fucking thing instead of watching it through a tiny little screen.

Agree. The point of going to a concert ...is actually being there , feeling, smelling ,sweat...you know tliving the moment not watching it with your camera ...like you would do at home in your tv. But hey , thats just me ...

Yeah, i mean I can see taking a couple of pictures here and there, or even recording the audio because you can still enjoy the show. I just don't see why people will spend money just to look at the show through a tiny screen on their video camera most of the time

It's kind of funny that someone like Nikki who's gotten into photography would go nuts about someone taking pics. They're saying he was taking still photos, not videos, and without a press pass.

I think it just got to Nikki that this guy refused to listen, and gave him plenty of chances to put it away and just enjoy the show. If he was standing out like that, odds are he was blocking someone's view. If it had been a cameraphone, he wouldn't have noticed it.

At least we know he doesn't sexually discriminate, if it had been a girl behind the camera, he would've done the same thing.

Most bands would rather have people not record or film anything, and just enjoy it, not document it.