Fans from Brazil: Estranged Campaign

auad

Why?

You'd know 'they' would only fuck it up :shrugs:

I'm sorry, you can say their productivity MIGHT not be the same, their chemestry MIGHT not be the same, their criativity MIGHT not be the same (to you guys, that is) but you can't say their general intrumental skills is not the same. Slash is a gazillion times a better composer than Bumblefoot, but in terms of overall technical playing, you can't just say that, the same thing goes with Izzy and Fortus. These guys can play the old songs perfectly. Sometimes they fuck up, but didn't the old band? C'mon... let's be reasonable. I don't want to start no discussion but you guys are acting like spoiled kids that didn't get exactly what they wanted. Learn to live with it for Christ's sake! Don't take away another person's joy because you can't get any!!

Awesome post as usual!! Negative Nitwads take notice :)

Without the campaign would not have GNR on Rock in Rio.

Do you sincerely believe that? If so you’re delusional.

Roberto Medina has probably approached GN’R every year since their 2001 performance (considering they’re arguably one of the biggest acts in South America “campaigns” aside).

Rock in Rio is happening because Axl feels the time is right (some obscure Twitter campaign is not responsible).

Exactly right,"internet campaigns" :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Well, I'm from Brazil... Beta just answered me through facebook!

Saying she will talk with Axl about it!

I know some of you didn't like the idea of bringing Estranged to Rock in Rio. Whatever... No problem...

So sorry, you wont be able to attend Rock in Rio :)))

It'll be insane!

So, if you are in, please press LIKE! Even if you`re not going to one of the biggest music festival of the world!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/EstrangedRiR

See you!!!!!!!!!!

Guest gunns5

Out of all the gnr concerts present and future, one would assume Rio is the best chance at getting estranged. However I think Axl would rather showcase new songs at Rio first, so we shall see what Axls priorities are, as expectations and hype grow, I hope he can pull it off.

I've finally settled myself down with all the set list bitching I've done for years but I gotta be honest with ya; I'd LOVE to hear Civil War and/or Estranged again.

Civil War seems like a great choice to do near or around Riad (assuming they start playing that again) due to what it says in the Alternate Chinese book about "Riad" and how he inspired the song Civil War.

Well, about Civil War... these days, a guy entered the Facebook page about "Estranged on Rock in Rio" and posted a link to an interview, in wich Axl talks about Estranged and Civil war as musics he wants to bring back to shows.

Here is the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EstrangedRiR

and here is the link to the interview: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=55296.0%3Bwap2

if you search for "estranged" you will find out the part Axl says that.. although it`s confusing cause it`s a chat log, and he lost internet conection at a certain time and start answering everything after all...

Gonna tell u, I went to Slash`s show here in Sao Paulo (on april, this year). He played Civil War with Myles... Oh man.. what was that!!!!!!? Amazing music, amazing.. public gone crazy =))

It`s hard to tell Estranged it`s THE music that is missing on shows. GNR have lots of amazing musics... Would be impossible to put all together.. But Estranged its a song that, since last year, brazilian started to ask insistently through foruns and social networks..

So, i just started with the campaign... and things just flowed so fast... its about everybody now! =))

Join!! =)))

I really don't understand Axl's logic with the setlist. Sorry to be negative, yadda yadda yadda, but the Civil War thing... EVERYONE who likes GNR beyond those 3 Appetite songs knows and loves Civil War. It's just as popular as You Could Be Mine even though that song has a video. To me that shows how much the fanbase loves it. Also, it's not like it's particularly hard to sing like Perfect Crime or Coma. Don't Cry too, but I guess there's somewhat reasons for that perhaps.

I. Want. Civil. War.

oh, Estranged, ya!

I agree with you on Civil War, almost every casual GN'R fan knows that song.

They've played Don't Cry lots of times on the last tour.