For those who claim that the band wasn't getting pelted with glass bottles in Dublin...

The Glow Inc.

where's the logic in throwing shit at a band or artist that you're paying to see, that you're paying to go to, that you're wasting your time seeing? Plastic bottles, whatever...no big whoop. But glass bottles? Little harder to avoid.

Just as its disrespectful for axl to delay shows for hours, or walk off because of some bullshit reason, its disrespectful for fans to throw shit at the artist who's concert theyre choosing to attend. If the artist sucks and puts on a shitty performance and gets booed off the stage or something, then maybe that's one thing. But to just throw stuff like an ape throwing dookie just because...maybe you should practice some self control.

This.

:thumbsup:

Del and sugar, I like you guys, and usually agree 100 % with what you have to say, and although this will probably be the one and only time I even remotely agree with volcano on something

But definitely not that ^ :D

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unacceptable behaviour?!?!?! :rofl-lol: Fuck right off with that unnacceptable behaviour, honestly, this makes me fuckin sick, how pathetic, how much of a fucking panty waist do you have to be to fuckin run off stage cuz bottles are being thrown, the stage is your fuckin domain and you're just gonna leave it like that? Pathetic. And before this comes off like a wa-hey lets bag on Axl thing, i hate when loads of other artists i like do it, Snoop, 50 Cent, i think it's absolutely pathetic.

Yeah you're all fuckin hard and like, proper bad men when you're in your studios writing the lyrics to your songs "don't you try to stop us noooww...cuz we will y'know, i'm not kidding, we'll leave!" but when it comes on top you just shit it. Pathetic. REALLY pathetic. People like Snoop, every other songs about fuckin doing some cunt over and he gets hit with a plastic bottle, a plastic fuckin bottle i ask you!!! I banged my head the shutters on a van yesterday whilst doing a house clearance, i bet that fuckin hurt more than a little plastic bottle, big fuckin deal.

Pussies. Honestly, this is how pathetic and like...sanitised rock n roll shows are getting. I think if an artists leaves cuz he gets a bottle thrown at him playing rock n roll music then you shouldn't pay the bastard, fuck em. Give as good as you get, thats the fuckin way. Honestly, fuckin wankers, spend all day putting their little rings and clever little bits of kit and fuckin eyeliner and all that, bunch of fuckin tarts, i'd like to see someone trying to bottle Johnny Thunders off the stage...or Henry Rollins...or Iggy Pop...come for Ig' you getter come for fuckin blood.

You wanna talk like a rock n roller you better damn well fuckin walk it too. Bullshit, absolute bullshit. Believe it or not, you win a crowd over if you can take their shit. The Pistols did...sort of :lol: Fuck that, show em you mean business like they mean business. and yeah yeah yeah you can go on with your pussy assed St Johns Ambulance bullshit about "what if it hits someones eyeeeeee, what if it blinds someone n then they can't see anymore n they can't work to feed their fuckin famillllllllies" and it's like, oK, so you wanna be rock n rollers, you wanna be big and tough and right songs that makes skinny little boys dicks hard in their bedrooms but when it comes to the fuckin real thing, you pack up your tents and fuck off home just cuz someone throws something at you, ITS A GIIGGG, so what if it's fuckin rowdy, don't make a bed you can't fuckin lie in with your lyrics and your attitude and your stance and the entire image you presenting that got you where you're at. "Lemme see y'try!" Yeah, uh, they kinda did Axl and you shit it everytime.

I mean can you imagine some fuckin hardcore gig in the 80s and bands like Fear and The Dead Kennedys or Black Flag or whatever stopping a gig and going "excuse me...cut, hold it please...now, someone just threw a rock onstage. Thats REALLY immature. You realise that could've hurt someone, do you?!?! Then we'd've had to've found someone qualified in First Aid to rub the bump on their head and kiss it better and you'd've ruined allllllll these good peopleses fun. Think man, just think before you do things. Think what your mother would think if she saw you doing that now" it's like, ugh, just fuck off :lol:

The main reason why people like Axl and what have you REALLY don't like getting stuff thrown at them is as base and puerile as this. It embarasses them. Thats the fact of it, it embarasses them, like when you go red when someone makes you look a cunt in public. I mean you're dancing and trying to be sexy and snake hipped and then WHAM, a plastic bottle on your head, you look a cunt, there is a smattering of 'ooooooh's' and laughter from the crowd and suddenly, you're 8 years old again, in the schoolyard getting bullied. It's got fuck all to do with peoples safety cuz quite frankly if peoples safety was any of theirs fuckin priority then they'd rather carry on and risk the 8 people onstage getting injured surely than cancel a gig and walk out and cause a riot and risk possibly hundreds of people getting injured. Thats what it's really about, it's that they're fuckin tarts and primadonnas. You can tell by their clench-arsed reactions.

Hoes is what they are, they wanna sit up in the hills in their big fuckin mansions, pontificating and patronising the general fuckin public with their bullshit and overinflated sense of self but the minute they have to get down there on street level they wanna go running back to their private jets and fuckin ribeye steaks and chilled whiskeys, fuck that. This is why rock n roll is fucking dead and unexciting, cuz the fuckin grandads are in charge, it's a fuckin skank.

I mean seriously, really, whats the worst they're gonna do? And if you're that afraid, why choose an occupation that requires you to get up onstage in front of thousands of people, if you're actually that bad of a shitter, why bother, i wouldn't. Honestly, have some fuckin pride.

I saw this old newspaper from one of the early sex pistols gigs, the first ones in America where they like, went to fuckin cowboy bars down south instead of like...L.A., NY etc and the headline is "Pistols win San Antonio Shootout", how fuckin glorious is that? :):):) Hows that for fuckin bottle, 4 skinny little 19/20 yr old boys from London standing in front of about a couple of thousand irate fuckin cowboys goading them and getting bottles and fuckin pig noses and full beer cans and dead rats and all sorts of fuckin shit slung at em and they never gave a fuckin inch, not once, in fact they fuckin goaded them, calling them person cowboys and chiding them about their choice of ammunition "keep throwing up the money! Cameras, can we have a couple of cameras?" And this is 4 emaciated lads from England that were living on the dole and in squat 9 months beforehand.

And then there's big bad Axl Rose and 50 Cent and all their fuckin....working out in the gym and doing kick-boxing and they're fuckin muscles all over the place, built like fuckin tanks, giving it large and cultivating these bad boy reputations and all it takes is *doink* OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...was that an Evian bottle? mmmmmm, you people are meanie-beans, i don't wanna play with you anymoooreee *pouts and shuffles off*

Our survey says.....

PUSSYCLAT.

I rate the fuckin Irish, they don't give a fuck. Every band since the 70s worth their salt goes the best place, the best gigs were like, Belfast, those people fuckin turn up, they get involved and they don't take no shit from no one and they got a bullshit detector, set it off and they see right through you. You don't take the piss out of the paddys without knowing about it.

Yeah, of course people throw stuff at every GN'R concert, and they act surprised when Axl says he's going to leave, or walks off. He may come out late on stage, may be an asshole. But that doesn't warrant fans to pay their money to throw stuff at a band. And I think after all these years fan would know the consequences of throwing stuff not just at Axl, but at musicians in general. Their playing to entertain the audience, if the audience wants to start shit, why should a musician deal with it? Maybe it pisses him off because after years of having to put up with people throwing shit, it still happens. Maybe the "asshole" is'nt the guy on stage, but is the 1 or 2 people trying to ruin the show for everyone else. Paying their money to throw bottles and other objects at a musician who's only there to entertain and as Axl says it "have fun." Axl's been dealing with people throwing stuff at him for years.

And that post is just fuckin' bullshit sugar, I'm sorry it is. Axl doesn't want to take people throwing stuff at him, his band, or a hazard to the fans in the first few rows, it's that simple. He's been dealing with it for year's, why should he change now? To be cool, to warrant more people to throw stuff that could be harazdous to other fans and the band? People need to be tought what and what not to do, and I would think that if you go to a GN'R concert in 2010, you would know the conseqeunces for throwing stuff at Axl Rose. He's never taken it lightly, and why should he take it lightly, it's just drunk assholes trying to ruin the show for everyone else.

Just incase you didn't know, let me tell you a little history lesson. In Donnington 1998, GN'R told the crowd numerous times to back away from the stage becuase alot of fans were rushing the stage and causing mayhem. In that debacle, 2 fans were killed. Now, I'm not sure, but the could be a factor in why Axl is very strict about people throwing stuff at him or his band. If the object, say a glass bottle, were to not go the length to the stage and hit a fan, there's a lawsuit again the person who throw the object, Axl, and the venue. It'll be a very bad scene if it was to happen, and Axl would probably feel guilt about it, just like he might've felt guilt from Donnington 1998. GN'R is'nt some hardcore punk band playing in a 250 people basement, there playing to ten's of thousand's of people, and it's not easy to control that many people. And it'll be tragic to see a fan, or a few fans have to be pulled off, or taken to a hospital becuase of some drunken assholes who feel it's "cool" to throw stuff at band's.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

Guest RonMexico82

1: There were plastic heineken bottles sold at the gig.

2: Axl fucked with the wrong crowd and got exactly what he deserved.

3: He is a fraud and so is his band. The crowd saw through it and told him where to go.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The debris evident is outrageous. No act should have to endure that without reacting. Why purchase a ticket to demoralize performers through firing objects?

1: There were plastic heineken bottles sold at the gig.

Not for the purpose of assaulting the act.

The timing argument is fairly lame. GN’R, since its inception, has been renowned as an act with no regard for time.

There was nothing surprising about how the gig unfolded in terms of that (only a night earlier Belfast was experiencing exactly the same scenario but understood the tendencies of Axl Rose and appreciated the reality their wait would be well rewarded).

Are you two fucking retarded or maybe you have comprehension problems or some shit.

I said, "It was unacceptable behavior.."

You also said that it could be avoided if Axl wasn't late.

James and Angus weren't late and both were hit by those bottles.

No excuse.

where did I say it was excusable? shut up.

Guest Len B'stard
Probably one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read. You have to consider the fact that if you stand there and take people throwing things at you, no matter what it is, you are giving tacit approval to that behavior and you are setting the stage for escalation

No you're not, you're ignoring trifles and directing your energies towards the job that you're paid to do. Quite frankly, the way i see it is, if you can't take the heat, don't fuckin give it large.

So let me ask Del and Sug one question....

Can I meet you guys and throw stuff at you until you "win me over"?

See herein lies the difference, i'm not a rock n roll star but if i was, honestly, as a point of pride i would not fuckin walk off stage just cuz people are throwing shit at me. Quite frankly, when you play to the public, you play to all sorts, people ain't all fuckin librarians, there's all sorts out there and if you're gonna do a job that involves you performing to the public, you're gonna get different sorts of people there, they ain't all gonna be stand up and clap at the endof the number types but that don't mean they're bad boys and girls, it's like, fuckssake, just grow a pair. I mean, you gotta look at things not like they're some kinda fuckin theory in a school textbook and look at the real world and what its like and what you're gonna have to expect from people. But yeah, to answer your question, if i was in a band i wouldn't give a shit what you threw at me in fact i'd wind you all up and encourage it. I grew up being into bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones, people who didn't give a fuck and came and did their job and went home afterwards. These people that throw stuff, they ain't out to murder some member of the band, nor could they with a plastic beer bottle, they're just fuckin lively, it's like if you walk into a pub and you see a bunch of blokes taking the piss out of some mate, effing and blinding and all that, don't mean to say they hate the person, they're just having a laugh and the right band, with the right sense of humour deal with these things and control the crowd, loads of performers do it, you don't have to be a cunt about it and walk off.

where's the logic in throwing shit at a band or artist that you're paying to see, that you're paying to go to, that you're wasting your time seeing?

There's no logic in it but it's a rock n roll show, logic ain't got nothing to do with it, people ain't doing some sort of fuckin masters thesis there, sweating like pigs in a pit, it's a gig, they're having a laugh, mucking around, God, i wonder if some of you have ever been out for a drink on a Saturday night.

Just as its disrespectful for axl to delay shows for hours, or walk off because of some bullshit reason, its disrespectful for fans to throw shit at the artist who's concert theyre choosing to attend. If the artist sucks and puts on a shitty performance and gets booed off the stage or something, then maybe that's one thing. But to just throw stuff like an ape throwing dookie just because...maybe you should practice some self control.

Respect? You do realise we're talking about a long haired middle aged man that does hip dances and sings in a high pitched voice, songs like It's So Easy and Nighttrain, this is not the clarion call for young respectable clean cut young ivy league gentlemen with perfect teeth and a university education right? Although i'm starting to wonder lately. Nah, actually, fair play on the respect bit but at the same time, you earn respect and usually, if people have been waiting near on two hours for the gig to start, they're usually running low on the ol' respect.

Yeah, of course people throw stuff at every GN'R concert, and they act surprised when Axl says he's going to leave, or walks off. He may come out late on stage, may be an asshole. But that doesn't warrant fans to pay their money to throw stuff at a band. And I think after all these years fan would know the consequences of throwing stuff not just at Axl, but at musicians in general. Their playing to entertain the audience, if the audience wants to start shit, why should a musician deal with it?

Again, see, people don't like to be treated like fuckin cunts like that. You do your weeks graft, go out on a saturday to have a good time and you're confronted with people trying to teach you some "respect" and talking to you about "consequences" which...how do you explain this to someone who don't understand? People don't give a fuck, people are free, we don't live in some kind of fascist fuckin dictatorship where you sit down, clap softly between numbers and try to be respectful to Axl or face the consequences, people don't give a fuck, they don't give a fuck about Axls emotional state or how touchy he's gonna be cuz people are throwing stuff at him, they don't give a fuck. Perhaps Axl should stick to playing like...New York, L.A. or whatever to like...elite crowds or celeb gatherings or something, i hear they like being told what to do but your average Joe whoever 20something lad ain't frightened of the big bad Axl who can't handle a bottle of Evian on the head.

Maybe the "asshole" is'nt the guy on stage, but is the 1 or 2 people trying to ruin the show for everyone else. Paying their money to throw bottles and other objects at a musician who's only there to entertain and as Axl says it "have fun." Axl's been dealing with people throwing stuff at him for years.

it's a lot more than 2 people my dear and they ain't all drunk.

And that post is just fuckin' bullshit sugar, I'm sorry it is. Axl doesn't want to take people throwing stuff at him, his band, or a hazard to the fans in the first few rows, it's that simple. He's been dealing with it for year's, why should he change now? To be cool, to warrant more people to throw stuff that could be harazdous to other fans and the band? People need to be tought what and what not to do, and I would think that if you go to a GN'R concert in 2010, you would know the conseqeunces for throwing stuff at Axl Rose. He's never taken it lightly, and why should he take it lightly, it's just drunk assholes trying to ruin the show for everyone else.

Ohhhhh!! Oh i see, its for the fans in the front row, oooohh, i get ittt...nevermind the two hours they were standing there sweating like fuckin pigs with every last ounce of moisture sapped from their bodys waiting for Axl, well, at least Axl thinks of them. Funny how he only gets out of his pram when a projectile reaches him and his boys, eh? Don't make me fuckin laugh, "people need to be taught what to do and what not to do", see what i mean about patronising cunt?

Just incase you didn't know, let me tell you a little history lesson. In Donnington 1998, GN'R told the crowd numerous times to back away from the stage becuase alot of fans were rushing the stage and causing mayhem. In that debacle, 2 fans were killed. Now, I'm not sure, but the could be a factor in why Axl is very strict about people throwing stuff at him or his band. If the object, say a glass bottle, were to not go the length to the stage and hit a fan, there's a lawsuit again the person who throw the object, Axl, and the venue. It'll be a very bad scene if it was to happen, and Axl would probably feel guilt about it

Right, so, in short, my history lesson is that two fans got trampled to death in Donnington and you're not sure but it might be why Axl doesn't like having bottles thrown at him? Right, i shall have to thing about this particular lesson before i offer any sort of response because it's obviously very intricate and complex.

And oh, my favorite, Axl would probably feel guilty if a bottle struck a fan. I wonder how many fans got hit by things at St Louis...or that one in Canada...or one of the others. Axl must carry a lot of guilt around with him. Perhaps thats what it was all those years between album releases, he was in therapy dealing with the guilt that he probably felt. Right, OK. And you can gimme all the bollocks you like about "it's not Axls faaaault, he only left, THEY decided to riot". Thats like getting into a barney and going "i only took a knife out of my pocket and the other guy went for me for no reason!" He left, they rioted. There's a hint in that riddle somewhere, he left, they rioted. Lets go over it again, he left, they rioted. One more time, he THREW A STROP, they rioted. I wonder where all that caring for fans was then?

FACT: The guy don't give a fuck about any of that shit, he just feels a prick when people throw shit at him.

But yeah, evidently i'm just from a different school of thought than you guys and poor little Axl who clumps photographers at airports and jumps into crowds and hits security people and offered Vince Neil out for a fight but wees his smalls when someone throws a plastic bottle at him is just a misunderstood Mother Theresa figure that is just trying to do his best by his fans, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..

The timing argument is fairly lame. GN’R, since its inception, has been renowned as an act with no regard for time.

And it appears that the people who bought tickets for this event were pretty pissed off about it. Arguing that because they've been late before that people should just accept it without comment is also lame. They've been on time before too. It's not that hard.

I think what bothers Axl the most is that he's not the biggest rock star in the world anymore and can't get away with the same amount of juvenile behavior that he used to.

That said, no one should chuck bottles at an act on stage. Ever.

All the debate and ranting aside, throwing bottles at the performer is inexcusable. And it DID happen. I have no idea why there's a concerted attempt at spin (or outright lying) here. I can't find the video now, but I'm pretty sure Axl gave a crystal clear warning to the crowd. He'll give the audience a chance.

It doesn't matter if the bottles are full, empty, plastic, or glass. What fuckin matters is the principle, and the fact people could be hurt. Don't throw fuckin bottles.

If I were at the show, even if I was pissed because of GnR coming on late, I still would be livid at THE PERSON WHO THREW THE FUCKING BOTTLE. And if I were near the tosser (sorry I had to), I might do something rash.

The people who throw bottles are taking a risk in more ways than one. There are no bodyguards or police to save you in the middle of a crowd. Throw a bottle, throw another, cause Axl to stop the gig, and there's bound to be a Guns n Roses fan out there who will go apeshit because you just caused the show to be stopped.

Guest Len B'stard
there's bound to be a Guns n Roses fan out there who will go apeshit because you just caused the show to be stopped.

Don't worry, he'd probably just save it up for a big rant on this message board if he's half as a big a soft lad as the lead singer of the band he went to see.

there's bound to be a Guns n Roses fan out there who will go apeshit because you just caused the show to be stopped.

Don't worry, he'd probably just save it up for a big rant on this message board if he's half as a big a soft lad as the lead singer of the band he went to see.

Oh I see, we're still bitter are we? By any chance are you a pikey? I just love that word.

Well let me tell you something, if I were a disgruntled fan, I wouldn't want to be the guy identified as the bottle thrower. Picture a 50yr old 6-foot 5" Harley Davidson biker dude who looks old-man strong and battle-hardened. An intimidating countenance to be sure. Ask yourself, do you really want that guy seeing you throw things at Axl, and thus precipitating the show stoppage?

Don't throw fuckin bottles you dick. Hold up a Slash poster, yell obscenities, but for christ's sakes, don't chuck a bottle. Sheeit.

See herein lies the difference, i'm not a rock n roll star but if i was, honestly, as a point of pride i would not fuckin walk off stage just cuz people are throwing shit at me. Quite frankly, when you play to the public, you play to all sorts, people ain't all fuckin librarians, there's all sorts out there and if you're gonna do a job that involves you performing to the public, you're gonna get different sorts of people there, they ain't all gonna be stand up and clap at the endof the number types but that don't mean they're bad boys and girls, it's like, fuckssake, just grow a pair. I mean, you gotta look at things not like they're some kinda fuckin theory in a school textbook and look at the real world and what its like and what you're gonna have to expect from people. But yeah, to answer your question, if i was in a band i wouldn't give a shit what you threw at me in fact i'd wind you all up and encourage it. I grew up being into bands like The Sex Pistols or The Ramones, people who didn't give a fuck and came and did their job and went home afterwards. These people that throw stuff, they ain't out to murder some member of the band, nor could they with a plastic beer bottle, they're just fuckin lively, it's like if you walk into a pub and you see a bunch of blokes taking the piss out of some mate, effing and blinding and all that, don't mean to say they hate the person, they're just having a laugh and the right band, with the right sense of humour deal with these things and control the crowd, loads of performers do it, you don't have to be a cunt about it and walk off.

So you're man enough to whine about people not wanting bottles thrown at them but you hide behind your lack of "rock star" status when questioned about bottles being thrown at you? I don't give two shits or a fuck about about a person's profession, throwing glass bottles at anybody is inexcusable. Man up and take a few to the head yourself or shut the fuck up about it.

Unacceptable behaviour?!?!?! :rofl-lol: Fuck right off with that unnacceptable behaviour, honestly, this makes me fuckin sick, how pathetic, how much of a fucking panty waist do you have to be to fuckin run off stage cuz bottles are being thrown, the stage is your fuckin domain and you're just gonna leave it like that? Pathetic. And before this comes off like a wa-hey lets bag on Axl thing, i hate when loads of other artists i like do it, Snoop, 50 Cent, i think it's absolutely pathetic.

Yeah you're all fuckin hard and like, proper bad men when you're in your studios writing the lyrics to your songs "don't you try to stop us noooww...cuz we will y'know, i'm not kidding, we'll leave!" but when it comes on top you just shit it. Pathetic. REALLY pathetic. People like Snoop, every other songs about fuckin doing some cunt over and he gets hit with a plastic bottle, a plastic fuckin bottle i ask you!!! I banged my head the shutters on a van yesterday whilst doing a house clearance, i bet that fuckin hurt more than a little plastic bottle, big fuckin deal.

Pussies. Honestly, this is how pathetic and like...sanitised rock n roll shows are getting. I think if an artists leaves cuz he gets a bottle thrown at him playing rock n roll music then you shouldn't pay the bastard, fuck em. Give as good as you get, thats the fuckin way. Honestly, fuckin wankers, spend all day putting their little rings and clever little bits of kit and fuckin eyeliner and all that, bunch of fuckin tarts, i'd like to see someone trying to bottle Johnny Thunders off the stage...or Henry Rollins...or Iggy Pop...come for Ig' you getter come for fuckin blood.

You wanna talk like a rock n roller you better damn well fuckin walk it too. Bullshit, absolute bullshit. Believe it or not, you win a crowd over if you can take their shit. The Pistols did...sort of :lol: Fuck that, show em you mean business like they mean business. and yeah yeah yeah you can go on with your pussy assed St Johns Ambulance bullshit about "what if it hits someones eyeeeeee, what if it blinds someone n then they can't see anymore n they can't work to feed their fuckin famillllllllies" and it's like, oK, so you wanna be rock n rollers, you wanna be big and tough and right songs that makes skinny little boys dicks hard in their bedrooms but when it comes to the fuckin real thing, you pack up your tents and fuck off home just cuz someone throws something at you, ITS A GIIGGG, so what if it's fuckin rowdy, don't make a bed you can't fuckin lie in with your lyrics and your attitude and your stance and the entire image you presenting that got you where you're at. "Lemme see y'try!" Yeah, uh, they kinda did Axl and you shit it everytime.

I mean can you imagine some fuckin hardcore gig in the 80s and bands like Fear and The Dead Kennedys or Black Flag or whatever stopping a gig and going "excuse me...cut, hold it please...now, someone just threw a rock onstage. Thats REALLY immature. You realise that could've hurt someone, do you?!?! Then we'd've had to've found someone qualified in First Aid to rub the bump on their head and kiss it better and you'd've ruined allllllll these good peopleses fun. Think man, just think before you do things. Think what your mother would think if she saw you doing that now" it's like, ugh, just fuck off :lol:

The main reason why people like Axl and what have you REALLY don't like getting stuff thrown at them is as base and puerile as this. It embarasses them. Thats the fact of it, it embarasses them, like when you go red when someone makes you look a cunt in public. I mean you're dancing and trying to be sexy and snake hipped and then WHAM, a plastic bottle on your head, you look a cunt, there is a smattering of 'ooooooh's' and laughter from the crowd and suddenly, you're 8 years old again, in the schoolyard getting bullied. It's got fuck all to do with peoples safety cuz quite frankly if peoples safety was any of theirs fuckin priority then they'd rather carry on and risk the 8 people onstage getting injured surely than cancel a gig and walk out and cause a riot and risk possibly hundreds of people getting injured. Thats what it's really about, it's that they're fuckin tarts and primadonnas. You can tell by their clench-arsed reactions.

Hoes is what they are, they wanna sit up in the hills in their big fuckin mansions, pontificating and patronising the general fuckin public with their bullshit and overinflated sense of self but the minute they have to get down there on street level they wanna go running back to their private jets and fuckin ribeye steaks and chilled whiskeys, fuck that. This is why rock n roll is fucking dead and unexciting, cuz the fuckin grandads are in charge, it's a fuckin skank.

I mean seriously, really, whats the worst they're gonna do? And if you're that afraid, why choose an occupation that requires you to get up onstage in front of thousands of people, if you're actually that bad of a shitter, why bother, i wouldn't. Honestly, have some fuckin pride.

I saw this old newspaper from one of the early sex pistols gigs, the first ones in America where they like, went to fuckin cowboy bars down south instead of like...L.A., NY etc and the headline is "Pistols win San Antonio Shootout", how fuckin glorious is that? :):):) Hows that for fuckin bottle, 4 skinny little 19/20 yr old boys from London standing in front of about a couple of thousand irate fuckin cowboys goading them and getting bottles and fuckin pig noses and full beer cans and dead rats and all sorts of fuckin shit slung at em and they never gave a fuckin inch, not once, in fact they fuckin goaded them, calling them person cowboys and chiding them about their choice of ammunition "keep throwing up the money! Cameras, can we have a couple of cameras?" And this is 4 emaciated lads from England that were living on the dole and in squat 9 months beforehand.

And then there's big bad Axl Rose and 50 Cent and all their fuckin....working out in the gym and doing kick-boxing and they're fuckin muscles all over the place, built like fuckin tanks, giving it large and cultivating these bad boy reputations and all it takes is *doink* OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...was that an Evian bottle? mmmmmm, you people are meanie-beans, i don't wanna play with you anymoooreee *pouts and shuffles off*

Our survey says.....

PUSSYCLAT.

I rate the fuckin Irish, they don't give a fuck. Every band since the 70s worth their salt goes the best place, the best gigs were like, Belfast, those people fuckin turn up, they get involved and they don't take no shit from no one and they got a bullshit detector, set it off and they see right through you. You don't take the piss out of the paddys without knowing about it.

I hope you have an idea somewhere in that seemly mentally ill head of yours of how idiotic, ridiculous, retarted and disturbed your post is. You try your fucking best to defend an action not condemned only by Axl and the band but by rock stars a hundred times bigger than your beloved Sex Pistols or Black Flag. Artists like AC/DC, Metallica, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, KISS and even Slash have stopped the show because someone threw something at them. Do you see how dangerous and disrespectful it is to do that?

Let me fucking tell you something. In the early 90's, at a Motörhead concert I think in the US, someone threw a very sharp piece of glass or something at Lemmy. We're talking about fucking Lemmy here. This is a guy who lives fucking women, drinking jack n' coke from the minute he wakes up to the minute he goes to sleep, a guy who doesn't give a shit about anything, who lives in a an apartment probably smaller than Axl Rose's swimming pool and never stopped touring all over the world. This guy is the biggest icon alive in Rock n Roll, don't think so? Go see what Slash and 30 more Rock N' Roll have to say about it. But anyways, this motherfucker throws the glass or whatever and it hits his right hand. It cuts it deeply and the concert has to stop. Lemmy gets an infection on his hand and it swells up, gets all black and he almost loses his hand. Do you have any idea of what that would mean to him? No more Motörhead. It would fucking ruin his life.

Fuck it if your punk icons thought it was cool to do that. They were too high on drugs to think straight. And if you're not high on drugs and you still say it's stupid not to accept it, you just clearly demented. But I guess you're too focused on finding a way to make Axl and Co. look stupid, because you have no maturity to accept throwing sharp and/or breakable objects at the stage is for the mentally ill. Take your distorted vision of reality and :fuckyou: both.

I hope you have an idea somewhere in that seemly mentally ill head of yours of how idiotic, ridiculous, retarted and disturbed your post is. You try your fucking best to defend an action not condemned only by Axl and the band but by rock stars a hundred times bigger than your beloved Sex Pistols or Black Flag. Artists like AC/DC, Metallica, Motörhead, Iron Maiden, KISS and even Slash have stopped the show because someone threw something at them. Do you see how dangerous and disrespectful it is to do that?

Let me fucking tell you something. In the early 90's, at a Motörhead concert I think in the US, someone threw a very sharp piece of glass or something at Lemmy. We're talking about fucking Lemmy here. This is a guy who lives fucking women, drinking jack n' coke from the minute he wakes up to the minute he goes to sleep, a guy who doesn't give a shit about anything, who lives in a an apartment probably smaller than Axl Rose's swimming pool and never stopped touring all over the world. This guy is the biggest icon alive in Rock n Roll, don't think so? Go see what Slash and 30 more Rock N' Roll have to say about it. But anyways, this motherfucker throws the glass or whatever and it hits his right hand. It cuts it deeply and the concert has to stop. Lemmy gets an infection on his hand and it swells up, gets all black and he almost loses his hand. Do you have any idea of what that would mean to him? No more Motörhead. It would fucking ruin his life.

Fuck it if your punk icons thought it was cool to do that. They were too high on drugs to think straight. And if you're not high on drugs and you still say it's stupid not to accept it, you just clearly demented. But I guess you're too focused on finding a way to make Axl and Co. look stupid, because you have no maturity to accept throwing sharp and/or breakable objects at the stage is for the mentally ill. Take your distorted vision of reality and :fuckyou: both.

That should just about end it...as if this should have even been a debate in the first place. Throwing sh*t onstage is lame and unacceptable.

And if your a Guns fan and don't realize Axl is usually late, you are a moron. Don't like it, don't go....but don't ruin it for others and throw things onstage because no artist worth their salt is going to keep playing after multiple objects get thrown on stage after a warning.

Never in my life have I seen a board with such hostility, big heads, small brains, vastly different opinions and people who are just plain fucking stupid. I don't know whether to laugh or be worried.

And for some reason I like it here? :o

Guys it really is plain and simple...throwing things at a performer is plain unacceptable, showing up late (which Axl is prone to do) is no reason to throw things.

I wish Axl would not only come back to these boards, but come to some of y'all in real life to knock some fucking sense into you.

Guest Len B'stard
Oh I see, we're still bitter are we? By any chance are you a pikey? I just love that word.

Bitter about what? Are you mistaking me for someone or...? And try not to call people pikey dear, it's not a term of endearment.

Well let me tell you something, if I were a disgruntled fan, I wouldn't want to be the guy identified as the bottle thrower. Picture a 50yr old 6-foot 5" Harley Davidson biker dude who looks old-man strong and battle-hardened. An intimidating countenance to be sure. Ask yourself, do you really want that guy seeing you throw things at Axl, and thus precipitating the show stoppage?

I've never thrown a bottle at a performer in my life, it ain't my way but i don't think people who do are "risking the lives" of performers, thats just silly. But at the same time, i don't give a flying fuck about no burly fuckin security guard, i don't give nobody no trouble and i don't take none neither. I was at the Hammersmith gig, completely fuckin sodden drunk and i was well into the fuckin show, even when Avenged Sevenfold were on and some other drunk guy (we were about the only two people who jumped up and down for Avenged Sevenfold :lol:) was all mental and into the show and put his arm around me and somewhere during the gig i think he got the hump and tried to smack me in the fuckin face and he got it his own fuckin medicine and the big scary burly security guards pulled him out of the crowd and one of em pulls me close to him and goes 'once more and you're off home' and i was like for what? i ain't fuckin done nothing, you just pulled the cunt out that was causing grief, what do you want with me?!?! Just do your fuckin job! And he backs off and holds one finger up to denote '1 more time' and make a throat slitting motion at me or a cut it out motion, whichever way you wanna interpret it and i just gave him the finger, right, i ain't afraid of no fuckin security, i don't do nothing wrong so i don't have to, i don't give a fuck how 'burly' they are.

Hold up a Slash poster, yell obscenities,

What on earth are you talking about?

I hope you have an idea somewhere in that seemly mentally ill head of yours of how idiotic, ridiculous, retarted and disturbed your post is. You try your fucking best to defend an action not condemned only by Axl and the band but by rock stars a hundred times bigger than your beloved Sex Pistols or Black Flag.

Oh well obviously how big a band his has every bit of bearing on how they feel about the notion of plastic bottles being chucked at them, well done, good point.

So you're man enough to whine about people not wanting bottles thrown at them but you hide behind your lack of "rock star" status when questioned about bottles being thrown at you? I don't give two shits or a fuck about about a person's profession, throwing glass bottles at anybody is inexcusable. Man up and take a few to the head yourself or shut the fuck up about it.

With every job, there are attendant hazards. if i'm working at a checkout in a supermarket or on a factory floor those hazards include rude customers, short changing, getting my finger chopped off in a lathe, getting a sleeve caught in a press etc. Now if i'm standing up in front of thousands of people in an establishment night after night where they are served alcohol and essentially performing a piece of art with a bearing in reality insofar as who i am as a person that is distinctly standoffish confrontational and boisterous, thats a pretty clear cut setting for having a bottle thrown at me. Now if Axl had his finger chopped off by a lathe onstage, THAT would be odd. Is this too complicated for you dear or are you following? I can walk you round another way if you like, just let me know, yeah?

Right but he didn't did he so what the fuck are you talking about? Do you realise how statistically rare that is? Probably about as likely as him dying from choking on a bacon sandwich or something. Thats probably as likely as Axl slipping on a wet patch onstage, banging his head on the side of an amp and slipping into a coma and dying. Perhaps artists having drinks onstage should be banned, do you realise how ridiculous what you're saying is? Lemmy knows the score, he's a lad. Lemmys the biggest icon in rock n roll alive? :lol: Two words, Chuck Berry, two more words, Little Richard, three words, Jerry Lee Lewis. Thank you, come again :)

Fuck it if your punk icons thought it was cool to do that. They were too high on drugs to think straight.

High on drugs, what, Black Flag?!?! :lol: 4 teetotal vegetarian with a fucking demons work ethic, right. And only one member of The Sex Pistols was seriously into drugs and he's not been around since 1979, other than that, what, The Ramones, Dee Dee did drugs, so thats 2 members out of three bands, Guns n Roses and Lemmy and all them lot are fuckin priests though, obviously, yeah? They didn't think it was cool to do that, i don't suppose they looked forward to it or thought it was the best part of their job, they just fuckin dealt with it and didn't piss and moan like kids or threaten to walk, they just fuckin got on with what they were there to do.

But I guess you're too focused on finding a way to make Axl and Co. look stupid, because you have no maturity to accept throwing sharp and/or breakable objects at the stage is for the mentally ill.

I'm a fan of Axl and Co, i ain't out to make em look stupid, i been a fan of em since i was 11, i'm now fuckin 28, what possible interest would i have in making them look stupid, i rate the bastards, it's just think what you lot call fan-dom is empty-headed sycophancy and what you lot pass for opining is like...sooo far from the realm of realistic admiration and so much into fawning and random cock-suckery and creepy stalker levels of intimate knowledge of a guy who is pretty much reclusive, it's only when confronted with these neolithic levels of thick headed-ness that i feel bound to offer some sort of response, quite frankly, you give Guns fans a bad name. Guns fans used to be fuckin pretty cool people and you lot have turned it into a fuckin Comic-Con level thing, into a fuckin stamp collecting fuckin trainspotter level thing. Used to be proper lads and lasses were into GnR.

And if your a Guns fan and don't realize Axl is usually late, you are a moron. Don't like it, don't go....but don't ruin it for others and throw things onstage because no artist worth their salt is going to keep playing after multiple objects get thrown on stage after a warning.

I don't give a fuck if he's late, i weren't at Dublin, i'm just saying i can see why people would react that way and, in those situations, they always will, this is the sort of response you get if you mug people off like that and you will get it every time. I can't believe that throwing plastic bottles is like, considered some sort of extreme reaction. Quite frankly, i don't think even normally throwing plastic bottles is ever so bad, it's a rock n roll show, y'know, deal with it, do your fuckin job.

Edited by sugaraylen

With every job, there are attendant hazards. if i'm working at a checkout in a supermarket or on a factory floor those hazards include rude customers, short changing, getting my finger chopped off in a lathe, getting a sleeve caught in a press etc. Now if i'm standing up in front of thousands of people in an establishment night after night where they are served alcohol and essentially performing a piece of art with a bearing in reality insofar as who i am as a person that is distinctly standoffish confrontational and boisterous, thats a pretty clear cut setting for having a bottle thrown at me. Now if Axl had his finger chopped off by a lathe onstage, THAT would be odd. Is this too complicated for you dear or are you following? I can walk you round another way if you like, just let me know, yeah?

I've drank my fair share sweetheart, I've never been dumb enough to start throwing bottles. There is no excuse for that for anyone over the age of 3. Are you following? You can walk as much as you want to but you're just looking more and more like an insignificant cupcake that I shouldn't be wasting time on.

Guest Len B'stard

I've drank my fair share sweetheart, I've never been dumb enough to start throwing bottles. There is no excuse for that for anyone over the age of 3. Are you following? You can walk as much as you want to but you're just looking more and more like an insignificant cupcake that I shouldn't be wasting time on.

Do i give a fuck about your little internet soap opera and these little fuckin names you give your little gangs like cupcake and Axlite and Slashite, mate, i couldn't give a fuck, you're like a bunch of little girls playing with their fuckin polly pockets, i couldn't give a fuck. And you're lecturing me on fuckin maturity? I don't care if you've drank your fair share, i don't care if you're the fuckin ghost of Oliver Reed, people have been rowdy at gigs since rock n roll began, you got a problem with it, don't go to the fuckin gigs.

It's just ridiculous, how can you condone on the one hand, mosh pits which are a pretty much a staple of decent rock n roll gigs and then be against something like a plastic bottle hitting you.

Get this straight, we the people are in charge. Not Axl Rose or Iron Maiden or Lemmy or Metallica or whatever. I mean, get this round the fuckin right way here, they chose a profession which consists of standing up on a fuckin stage in front of people and effectively playing for their approval and/or amusement. Right, now i didn't fuckin ask em to do that, if they can't deal with it then thats their problem, not mine. And like i said before, i ain't thrown a bottle at no one in my life, not onstage anyway but this is rock n roll, this is how it's ALWAYS been, from the old fuckin RnB juke joints right up until the present day, these things are bigger than Axl Rose, it's about the way an entire form of music has been since it's inception, fuckin rowdy, from the kids ripping out cinema seats at screenings of Rock Around the Clock, to Stones fans decimating most dancehalls they fuckin played in, Jesus, there were places in Arkansas where Hendrix learned to play with his teeth where if you didn't play with your teeth you got fuckin shot at.

Right, THAT is rock n roll and it's a street level thing and it belongs to the people, not to no fuckin mincer living up in the hills. See, this is a prime example of how fuckin detached from the reality of what they do these people get when they get a bit of money. But don't worry, they'll be reminded EVERY fuckin time cuz you can't fuckin dictate human behaviour to people like that, especially down an avenue like rock n roll which is what people come to to fuckin cut loose basically.

it fuckin worries me though, i'd really like to know some of you lots credentials as far as being fans of rock n roll and the kind of gigs you went to and what they were like and what you were like and where you grew up. I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of you are like, middle class Rolling Stone reading bed before 11pm types that found out about the bands they're into out of books and MTV documentaries.

Y'know, you grow up getting your little fuckin boners off of these "baaad boysss" and their cocaine sniffing hard partying don't give a fuck type attitude but you can't fuckin change what you are and i bet you still out in a crowd like the balls on a fuckin bulldog. Not that any of this is like, a reason for you to not be into these bands but fuckin hell, just chill out, why do you have to be so clench-arsed and hung up on dictating rules and propriety?

Now again, to reiterate, for the 50th time, i ain't saying you gotta fuckin riot at every gig, far from it, you go, you have a laugh, get pissed, act stupid, chuck yourself around a bit, i ain't saying you go there with the express purpose to chuck bottles i'm just saying i don't think it's a big deal and certainly not anything worthy of stopping a show over. Quite apart from any of the other stuff i've said, it's unproffesional. Fuck me, i've seen performers attached onstage who don't stop the fuckin song even, let alone the whole show and then threaten to leave like a fuckin tart. This is like, big bands too, look at that Keith Richards thing, or that big cunt that went for Slash, for performers its a point of pride.

Guest Len B'stard

awwwwwwwwwwwwww, that wants what, a bit of germoline and a plaster? She's got two little fuckin cuts on her face, honestly i've looked worse after shaving on a hangover. Don't play fuckin big boys games if you can't take the heat, what can i say.

sid-vicious.jpg

Thats Sid Vicious, a 19 yr old English kid playing a gig to a bunch of irate cowboys in San Antonio where they got pelted with rocks, coins, pigs noses, bottles and they never gave a fuckin inch, in fact they goaded them, wound them up, spat at them and gave as fuckin good as they got all fuckin night. AND did a fuckin encore. Those people came to that fuckin gig with the express purpose of fucking doing the Sex Pistols over and y'know what? By the end of the gig the four rows in the front were converted, dancing and into it and digging it. Winner? The Sex Pistols. THATS how its fuckin done. And we're not talking about some fuckin hard nuts here, we're talking about skinny fuckin kids from London, not your Axl Roses with their fuckin personal trainers and fuckin kickboxing classes and home gyms. They were completely out of their depth in San Antonio, thrown to the fuckin lions by all accounts, no fuckin security, no bodyguards, no fuckin huge entourage, just themselves.

The Ramones, during their first tour of America, got absolutely pelted with crap, booed summarily, attacked even. And guess what? Every town they left when they came back round they were greeted by people that had started bands just off of watching that first tour, bands like The Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, The Germs, an entire fuckin new movement of bands.

Now THAT is what i mean by earning a crowds respect and winning them over. You give as good as you get and show to people that you mean business and you're there to stay and you're serious about what you do and not some fuckin tarty little chancer that packs up his tents and gets the fuck out of town when confronted with a little grief.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

lol

Sid Vicious. Great role model.

He couldn't play though so all he had going for him was his attitude unfortunately...

Besides, would you really want Axl to do that ?

I know I wouldn't.

See what i mean about wondering how some of you got into rock n roll? If your life is ever that shallow and puerile that you basically look towards a performing minstrel to be your role model then you've got serious problems, certainly not ones i can help you with. Role model, what the fucks role model got to do with anything?!?! And i think you'll find he could play bass. Rudimentary yes but then what do you expect, the guy learned onstage, in front of people. Y'know, where all the great virtuoso's sat in their bedrooms and waited til they were in their mid 20s before they "unveiled" themselves, Sidney didn't give a fuck, he just got up onstage and learnt as he went along...and he was dead by the age of 21 so clearly the boy ain't gonna bear comparison to John Entwhistle.

And no ones saying Axl should do exactly that but then he wasn't confronted with that either was he, he was confronted with plastic bottles. Thats one step above those little round plastic balls that kids play with at the fair when they get in them bouncey castles.

This though, is a perfect example of what i was talking about earlier on, about some of you lot and how i wonder how some of you lot got into Guns n Roses and/or rock n roll and exactly where you get these standards from. The very fact that you entertain notions of some sort of responsibility that the people onstage bear to being a fuckin role model for you, thats a wonderful little example of the sort of middle class Rolling Stone magazine reading soft lads approach. And by that i mean soft in the head.

Be yourself, live your own life, these people whoose albums you buy and gigs you go to, they're nothing to you, they ain't related to you, they ain't your role model or your social worker or your fuckin anything. You pay em, they perform for ya and when they go home and get on the pot their shit is just as stinky as yours. They are just people.

Thats basically hit the fuckin nail right on the head there and pretty much clearly defined where you're coming from. This, deep down, is your real problem with people throwing bottles at Axl Rose, he's your fuckin role model, isn't he? You aspire to be like him and when you see him getting bottled you don't like it cuz someone you hold sacred is being attacked. It makes sense of the idea of not minding being mugged off and left standing waiting for 2 and a half hours while he decides he wants to turn up. It's people like you sir, that feed the egos of this fuckin guys and make them think they're the cats whiskers and infallible but see, normal well adjusted people that don't have the mental age of a 4 year old, they don't rate Axl Rose anymore than they rate some bloke at the bus stop, he's just a guy, a human being who performs for ya, whether he's your role model or not, thats your fuckin problem, most people just seem him as a person.

But this is it though, the clear cut fuckin difference. On the one hand you have the fuckin bedroom bandits with their posters and fuckin memorabilia that treat the Axl Roses of this world as their "role model" or their hero or the person that "saved their lives" and then there's the non-mentally irregular people who just like listening to music and going to a gig and getting loaded and having a laugh to whom Axl Rose is just a fella.

I've seen your type at gigs and quite frankly, i don't think the bottles throwers are the problem, they're up for it, they're into it, it's you lot and your type, the fuckin "watch a gig and run home quick to be the first to type on the message board about it" brigade, the huffy stuffy uptight anally retentive band bio memorising used ticket collectors. And you see em at every gig and on the internet, all uptight cuz the person next to them is jumping up and down and getting into the gig and *gasp* their elbow touched your arm, quick, call the Feds!

Knocking off a write up on the net like "the gig was really cool except for this one drunk asshole next to me, he was like...moving all night, totally ruined the gig for me" ugh :lol:

It's people like you that are fuckin making it so rock n roll gigs are like a fuckin spaccers convention these days, grassing people up to security so you can stand their like a mong staring up at Axl Rose with your fuckin gob open.

First of all, Axl is probably the last person I go to see a Guns n' Roses show for. He could leave the "band" I wouldn't give a shit. I mainly go to see some decent guitar playing and Bumblefoot so I can't say I relate to whatever you're talking about...

I don't go for the rock n' roll ( sweat, being drunk, shagging random bitches ) either.

Second : Sid Vicious, I'm afraid to say, was a horrible bassist. Lemmy tried to give him lessons but gave up on him as he was too wasted and shitty.

Finally, yeah, different people go to see concerts with different motivations in mind. You go to see a concert to have fun, to get drunk, and to shout ? Good for you, I don't give a shit as long as it doesn't stop the show for whatever reason. I go there to see great guitar playing because I find it inspiring. So fucking what ?

I think you need to realize that this is a classic rock band with almost progressive guitar players, not a punk band, so don't be surprised if you don't see huge moshpits, hardcore dancing, and people throwing shit at the band. Do you often see people throw stuff at King Crimson because "it's a rock n' roll show" ? No.

Maybe you'd enjoy an Insane Clown Posse show : drunk white trash everywhere and the band actually throws ( full ) bottles of well shaken, pressurised soda at the audience. :shrugs:

Thats Sid Vicious, a 19 yr old English kid playing a gig to a bunch of irate cowboys in San Antonio where they got pelted with rocks, coins, pigs noses, bottles and they never gave a fuckin inch, in fact they goaded them, wound them up, spat at them and gave as fuckin good as they got all fuckin night. AND did a fuckin encore. Those people came to that fuckin gig with the express purpose of fucking doing the Sex Pistols over and y'know what? By the end of the gig the four rows in the front were converted, dancing and into it and digging it. Winner? The Sex Pistols. THATS how its fuckin done.

the punkscene and rockscene are totally different. The time when this happened, has also to be considered. So is the difference UK and US.

Besides Sid used to cut himself, all the blood, was by his own doing.

Personally, you can say whatever you want about this matter, I see your point, but I will never agree. Throwing full bottles (plastic or glass) is always childish, stupid, selfish and dangerous. Lots of equipment on stage and a full bottle against the head can cause serious damage. It's not rock 'n roll, it's just lame.

Edited by MBRose