For those who claim that the band wasn't getting pelted with glass bottles in Dublin...

The Glow Inc.

Guest Len B'stard

It's funny how it's sugaraylen VS the rest of the board here and he still thinks he's got the reason hahaha ignorance is so funny!

You call it ignorance, i call it having a mind of my own. I don't care how many fucking people have an opposing opinion, i think what i think and thats fuckin that, my reasons for holding an opinion have nothing to do with whether or not other people hold it too, i have a mind of my own and i think for myself. If thats ignorance then i'm Mr Ignorance :)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

And it appears that the people who bought tickets for this event were pretty pissed off about it.

So… they (who understood GN’R’s history of being consistently late) still purchase a ticket (somehow expecting Guns N’ Roses to treat them differently to the dozens of prior audiences which dealt with the lateness)?

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

yep lets blame the FANS :rolleyes:

They meaning the minority of fuckers that decided to utilize bottles as protest (the vast majority were wholly co-operative and rational).

And it appears that the people who bought tickets for this event were pretty pissed off about it.

So… they (who understood GN’R’s history of being consistently late) still purchase a ticket (somehow expecting Guns N’ Roses to treat them differently to the dozens of prior audiences which dealt with the lateness)?

"My ticket stub says Guns n Roses."

"My ticket stub says the show will start at 8."

Who says the people getting pissed had any ideas of Axl's consistent lateness? We know all about it on these boards cos we're hardcore fans but I guarantee you that a large proportion of people at these shows had no idea. The last show I went to I saw this first hand and had to explain it to a lot of pissed off people who had no idea what had happened at any of the other gigs on the tour. Just because we know everything that goes on in the GnR world we can't assume others do. Does that justify people throwing shit? No, not really but it doesn't excuse Axl for acting like a dick either. Believe it or not most people at GnR shows probably have no interest in the day to day goings on with the band and only buy tickets for a good night out. I mean I would hazard a guess that most people there wouldn't even be able to name all the band members.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Who says the people getting pissed had any ideas of Axl's consistent lateness? We know all about it on these boards cos we're hardcore fans but I guarantee you that a large proportion of people at these shows had no idea. The last show I went to I saw this first hand and had to explain it to a lot of pissed off people who had no idea what had happened at any of the other gigs on the tour. Just because we know everything that goes on in the GnR world we can't assume others do. Does that justify people throwing shit? No, not really but it doesn't excuse Axl for acting like a dick either. Believe it or not most people at GnR shows probably have no interest in the day to day goings on with the band and only buy tickets for a good night out. I mean I would hazard a guess that most people there wouldn't even be able to name all the band members.

They done it well in my country. We were warned by email of him coming late. So almost everybody knew, and they still throw stuff to him. Some just think it's cool to do so, or wanted to see how far they could go. :shrugs:

Spot fucking on.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Who says the people getting pissed had any ideas of Axl's consistent lateness?

Considering lateness has been a component of live GN’R even before more recent incarnations, I would imagine quite a few (as illustrated by the reality a vast majority remained calm).

Anyway it was the agenda of those who threw bottles to do so regardless of so called “provocative” factors (as a result of general idiocy and alcohol).

At the end of the day people can make excuses and claim Axl can do no wrong all they like but he brings this on himself end of story. Yes he's done it for years but that doesn't make it any better. If anything you'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now surely? He turns up late and things get thrown at him. This happens again and again. The guy's not stupid surely he must have made the connection by now? If he's going to storm off like a girl when people throw shit then don't give them an excuse to do it.

It's almost amusing the lengths certain people will go to defend Axl showing up whenever he feels like it. His old band didn't like it, his new band doesn't like it, the majority of people that buy tickets to go see him don't like it, the only person who seems to like it is Axl himself.

To put it into a real world context, he's like the cable guy who says he'll be there between 9 and 5 or maybe he just won't show up at all. Fine, it's his prerogative but he shouldn't be surprised when people get pissed off or stop spending their money with them.

It's almost amusing the lengths certain people will go to defend Axl showing up whenever he feels like it. His old band didn't like it, his new band doesn't like it, the majority of people that buy tickets to go see him don't like it, the only person who seems to like it is Axl himself.

To put it into a real world context, he's like the cable guy who says he'll be there between 9 and 5 or maybe he just won't show up at all. Fine, it's his prerogative but he shouldn't be surprised when people get pissed off or stop spending their money with them.

Well, if you don't like it, move along.

many are..

many are..

Adios then.

It's not necessarily defending, more like accepting. There is no excuse for him coming late, just as there is non for the bottle throwers.

Both shouldn't do it. But the bottle throwers are taking the risk, to spoil it for everyone or hurt somebody. In my opion that's worse.

Guest gunns5

If axl arriving late is the price the punters pay ( on top of their tickets of course) in order to see one of the best live bands in the world, then one could argue that, that is value for money in the grand scheme of things.

I'd go to a lady gaga concert if I want to see a show at 6:30, and farewelled at 7:59 in order to catch the last bus/train home and get 8 hour sleep for work thenext day ... NOT

It's not necessarily defending, more like accepting. There is no excuse for him coming late, just as there is non for the bottle throwers.

Both shouldn't do it. But the bottle throwers are taking the risk, to spoil it for everyone or hurt somebody. In my opion that's worse.

Yup, imagine being the guy who threw a bottle, made contact, stopped the show and the show was over. Good luck dealing with the crowd.

"My ticket stub says Guns n Roses."

"My ticket stub says the show will start at 8."

Does it say when the headliner will be on? Mine never does, nor does it say whent he show will be over.

Anyway YES its a small handfull of drunk punks who throw shit at any band, Guns is not the only band this happens to.

Not only that but no matter what time they start it could happen.

You always have a few idiots in a large crowd simple as that

many are..

Adios then.

For some very strange reason they won't move on though. They would rather hang out in a forum of a singer and band that they don't like. They would rather come here and bash Axl everyday than spend time in forums of bands that they enjoy. It is quite strange.

Thank you for amusing me further.

For some very strange reason they won't move on though. They would rather hang out in a forum of a singer and band that they don't like. They would rather come here and bash Axl everyday than spend time in forums of bands that they enjoy. It is quite strange.

Why am I not allowed to both like the band and not like certain habits of the lead singer? Can I see the rulebook please?

Edited by Bards