For those who claim that the band wasn't getting pelted with glass bottles in Dublin...

The Glow Inc.

Does it say when the headliner will be on? Mine never does, nor does it say whent he show will be over.

Anyway YES its a small handfull of drunk punks who throw shit at any band, Guns is not the only band this happens to.

Not only that but no matter what time they start it could happen.

You always have a few idiots in a large crowd simple as that

You honestly think that Axl coming on late has nothing to do with people throwing shit and getting pissed off? Carry on grabbing your ankles dude. :rolleyes:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it say when the headliner will be on? Mine never does, nor does it say whent he show will be over.

Anyway YES its a small handfull of drunk punks who throw shit at any band, Guns is not the only band this happens to.

You honestly think that Axl coming on late has nothing to do with people throwing shit and getting pissed off? Carry on grabbing your ankles dude. :rolleyes:

Not everyone throws shit, you can have 20,000 people a night watching a show and some idiot or idiots who throw shit. They were very late in Toronto I never seen anyone throw shit. Depends how many idiots are in the crowd.

one of the gigs (forget which) they were on stage early like 9 something and some idiot threw something. So what is that about??

the worst case I seen was "sarstock" in Toronto 2003, the stones and ACDC were playing that day, Justin Timberlake performed under a barrage of objects being tossed at him. I don't care for the dude but to throw shit at him? Give me a break! He was on time I should add, also the stones got the crowd back by bringing him out later during their set to perform together.

hundreds of objects were thrown, because he was late? No, because certain folks are idiots and will do it because they think it's cool.

Not everyone throws shit, you can have 20,000 people a night watching a show and some idiot or idiots who throw shit. They were very late in Toronto I never seen anyone throw shit. Depends how many idiots are in the crowd.

one of the gigs (forget which) they were on stage early like 9 something and some idiot threw something. So what is that about??

the worst case I seen was "sarstock" in Toronto 2003, the stones and ACDC were playing that day, Justin Timberlake performed under a barrage of objects being tossed at him. I don't care for the dude but to throw shit at him? Give me a break! He was on time I should add, also the stones got the crowd back by bringing him out later during their set to perform together.

hundreds of objects were thrown, because he was late? No, because certain folks are idiots and will do it because they think it's cool.

Did Justin leave the stage or stay and finish his set?

Oh and again do you honestly think shit would have been thrown in Dublin and it would have all kicked off if he'd shown a little respect for the fans?

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

I was there too. The reason Timberlake was pelted was because hundreds of thousands of people that came to see AC/DC and the Stones were forced to sit through Justin Timberlake. That would drive anyone nuts ;)

But for real man, the situations aren't comparable at all.

Yea. Idiots will throw shit because they know they'll get a reaction out of Axl.

Yea. Idiots will throw shit because they know they'll get a reaction out of Axl.

You're saying people pay £40 a ticket for a gig just to give Axl shit? Axl is literally not to blame in any way for people throwing shit? Where's a facepalm smiley when you need one seriously?

In 2009, at a gig in Liverpool, Morrissey had a drink thrown at him mid-song. Not known for having a brilliant sense of humour, he decided that he would, in fact, cry over spilt beer. The vegetarian singer walked off stage and said "Goodbye." That was that...

--

Not even David Bowie is immune to missiles. In 2004, while performing in Norway, an audience member threw (though she later claims she was pushed) a lollipop at the stage. The stick landed between Bowie's left eyelid and eyeball. He was, understandably, cross.

--

anyways I have seen it at many gigs, with or without a delay.

Should Guns get on stage sooner for the fans? YES! But I wont sit here and say its cool to throw shit because the show is later than your bedtime, I can't say it and won't because its honestly silly to think you will go to the gig and come home on time. This is NOT nickelback or Justin Beiber, this is GN'R

When Guns come to town take the day after off, go to the show and have some fun :thumbsup:

It's almost amusing the lengths certain people will go to defend Axl showing up whenever he feels like it. His old band didn't like it, his new band doesn't like it, the majority of people that buy tickets to go see him don't like it, the only person who seems to like it is Axl himself.

To put it into a real world context, he's like the cable guy who says he'll be there between 9 and 5 or maybe he just won't show up at all. Fine, it's his prerogative but he shouldn't be surprised when people get pissed off or stop spending their money with them.

Well, if you don't like it, move along.

many are..

Adios then.

For some very strange reason they won't move on though. They would rather hang out in a forum of a singer and band that they don't like. They would rather come here and bash Axl everyday than spend time in forums of bands that they enjoy. It is quite strange.

how do you know anyone spends their time? One can only post on one message board during a the day?

stop with that argument apollo, because it's stupid.

In 2009, at a gig in Liverpool, Morrissey had a drink thrown at him mid-song. Not known for having a brilliant sense of humour, he decided that he would, in fact, cry over spilt beer. The vegetarian singer walked off stage and said "Goodbye." That was that...

--

Not even David Bowie is immune to missiles. In 2004, while performing in Norway, an audience member threw (though she later claims she was pushed) a lollipop at the stage. The stick landed between Bowie's left eyelid and eyeball. He was, understandably, cross.

--

anyways I have seen it at many gigs, with or without a delay.

Should Guns get on stage sooner for the fans? YES! But I wont sit here and say its cool to throw shit because the show is later than your bedtime, I can't say it and won't because its honestly silly to think you will go to the gig and come home on time. This is NOT nickelback or Justin Beiber, this is GN'R

When Guns come to town take the day after off, go to the show and have some fun :thumbsup:

Never said it was cool to throw shit but Axl must expect it knowing how people react when being shat on.

I tend to agree with you. GN'R copps Hamilton March 12 1993 during P.C a fan throws a flastlight at Axl and hits him square in the face, he flashes the peace sign and leaves Duff and Slash to finish the show. It was the end of the show, why throw shit?? Axl didn't react that time he just left.

People want Axl to react, its like some sort of cool factor if Axl calls them out on stage or even here...

Edited by gunsguy

You're saying people pay £40 a ticket for a gig just to give Axl shit? Axl is literally not to blame in any way for people throwing shit? Where's a facepalm smiley when you need one seriously?

The people are to blame for people throwing shit....because they the idiots throwing the shit! If Axl's on stage and you throw shit at him, your obviously doing it to get a reaction. What, you think he's gonna keep playing when shit's being thrown at him?

The people are to blame for people throwing shit....because they the idiots throwing the shit! If Axl's on stage and you throw shit at him, your obviously doing it to get a reaction. What, you think he's gonna keep playing when shit's being thrown at him?

I wouldn't keep working if someone threw shit at me, even if I was late! You could say but he expects it this and that, but I would fucking leave if I went to work and my customers threw shit at me, and I like my job

this band isn't "hardcore" so stop pretending.

Your ticket says this group Axl has put together is Guns n Roses. My ticket says it starts at 8. You can not have it both ways.

Stop trying defend this irrational and stupid shit.

Few, to no other band goes on late likes this. Go to ball game and there is a significant delay, they cancel, give you your money back,...same with movies, broadway shows, nascar, recitals etc.

What Axl does isn't cool and it isn't "Rock n Roll"....it is retarded and deserves criticism. The ones who defend this shit are stupid and don't understand how important "time" is or don't fully understand what it means to "wait" on someone else.

I wouldn't keep working if someone threw shit at me, even if I was late!

if you were continuously late, you wouldn't have a job.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I wouldn't keep working if someone threw shit at me, even if I was late! You could say but he expects it this and that, but I would fucking leave if I went to work and my customers threw shit at me, and I like my job

You wouldn't expect people to be annoyed if you turned up over an hour late for work literally every single day?

Your ticket says this group Axl has put together is Guns n Roses. My ticket says it starts at 8. You can not have it both ways.

Few, to no other band goes on late likes this. Go to ball game and there is a significant delay, they cancel, give you your money back,...same with movies, broadway shows, nascar, recitals etc.

What Axl does isn't cool and it isn't "Rock n Roll"....it is retarded and deserves criticism. The ones who defend this shit are stupid and don't understand how important "time" is or don't fully understand what it means to "wait" on someone else.

I wouldn't keep working if someone threw shit at me, even if I was late!

if you where continuously late, you wouldn't have a job.

Really? Axl seems to have a good job no?

I am late alot of the time, different customers everyday, the company says I will be at thier house by 8am and then I get delayed at suppplier till 9. Does that mean when I show up at 9:30 I should expect people to throw shit at me?

anyways the show does start at 8, does not say when GN'R will be there or when it will end? I have alot of stubs sitting here for hundreds of bands cant find one that says those things.

Anyway yeah it is wrong to be late sure, but it is even more wrong to try to HURT the band or the crew or others in the crowd, how you can even attempt to justify that is beyond me.

You wanna talk about how important time is? You sure do spend a lot of time on here bitching. Must not be that important to you.

The ticket says it starts at 8. So the opening band goes on at 8. Guns had what, 2-3 opening bands before they came on last year?

Plus, don't forget change over time, now it's 11. Guns come on and play til 2am. Is that about right?

This isn't broadway, movies, NASCAR, ball games...it's gnr for christ sake.

You wouldn't expect people to be annoyed if you turned up over an hour late for work literally every single day?

different people everyday at different shows, much like me going to different houses everyday with different people. What I am saying is if I am late do you think its ok to throw shit at me?

Anyway yeah it is wrong to be late sure, but it is even more wrong to try to HURT the band or the crew or others in the crowd, how you can even attempt to justify that is beyond me.

It's got fuck all to do with justifying it it's simply a fact that Axl knows it will happen and does it anyway. He knows by going on late he will encourage certain morons to do this so he can't complain when it happens.

The real world continues to batter Axl logic ;)

To answer Dazey's earlier question, Timberlake did indeed finish his SarsStock set. But to be fair, while he was getting hit with a lot more bottles; the bottles were plastic.

different people everyday at different shows, much like me going to different houses everyday with different people. What I am saying is if I am late do you think its ok to throw shit at me?

No but you can't be surprised if they do. I assume you're a famous rockstar by trade though or the comparison is invalid.

No but you can't be surprised if they do. I assume you're a famous rockstar by trade though or the comparison is invalid.

Why invalid? So I am not famous rock star so what? Its a job, I get paid to make people happy at mine, same thing. If I fuck up and show up late I should expect people to throw shit? SERIOUSLY?

Why invalid? So I am not famous rock star so what? Its a job, I get paid to make people happy at mine, same thing. If I fuck up and show up late I should expect people to throw shit? SERIOUSLY?

Are you kidding? SERIOUSLY? Do people pay hundreds of dollars and plan evenings, hotels, transport etc around your ability to be punctual? If not then it's an invalid comparison. Do people genuinely give a shit if you show up on time? Is it ruining their night out? Are they stood in a room waiting specifically for YOU to grace them with your presence? If so then please accept my apologies but otherwise stop talking out of your arse! If I have a meeting at work and it gets cancelled I get on with something else. If I've paid money to see a show I'm kinda stuck for other things to occupy myself.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Everyone agrees the throwing shit is wrong. But you really wouldn't expect people to be upset?

Another real world example: let's say the Leafs (NHL Toronto team for those that don't know) decide not to take the ice for an hour or two after the crowd is settled in. No reason, they just don't feel like it yet. We can agree they would get a really negative reaction when they finally decided it was time to go to work for the people who bought tickets, no?

Everyone agrees the throwing shit is wrong. But you really wouldn't expect people to be upset?

Another real world example: let's say the Leafs (NHL Toronto team for those that don't know) decide not to take the ice for an hour or two after the crowd is settled in. No reason, they just don't feel like it yet. We can agree they would get a really negative reaction when they finally decided it was time to go to work for the people who bought tickets, no?

This^^^^^ Exactly! Why on earth is it so hard to comprehend for some people?

Are you kidding? SERIOUSLY? Do people pay hundreds of dollars and plan evenings, hotels, transport etc around your ability to be punctual? If not then it's an invalid comparison. Do people genuinely give a shit if you show up on time? Is it ruining their night out? Are they stood in a room waiting specifically for YOU to grace them with your presence? If so then please accept my apologies but otherwise stop talking out of your arse!

I am a flooring installer, people clear thier homes expecting I am on time and they can get thier stuff back in order to cook in kitchen or use bathrooms, living rooms etc etc.

People pay THOUSANDS for my work everyday, yes they expect I am there on time and expect I finish on time, but that is not always possible.

They plan thier days around me, around work, school, etc etc.

I know it seems stupid to compare the two as I am not a rock star but its the same thing in my mind, people expect I am there at a certain time and if I am delayed so are thier plans.

Ceramic for instance, if I cant complete on time they may have to spend a night in hotel as you cannot walk on the tiles being set.

They may have to order dinner, get a babysitter or otherwise be extremely inconvenienced by me being there.

I can ruin day or evening plans, get togethers, family time, etc etc etc with my job

They may be upset when I am late but I have NEVER had shit thrown at me...

anyway for me its wrong both ways, I just think showing up late is not as bad as trying to hurt someone

Edited by gunsguy