Is it critical that CD II has a hit song?

ITW 2012

good post! I think there was a lot of undercover chicanery from both mgmt as well as UMG.think about the post-release reaction.

I would disagree with that thought, even though I at one time was blaming the record label

I really doubt UMG had anything but high hopes for the album. We don't know and most likely never will know why Axl took issue with the release of CD, Maybe he was forced to release it?

The release was handled badly but how do you release an album like Chinese Democracy? The TV spots were cool, At first the best buy deal was great, look how Black Ice was Handled by Walmart. When I walked in to buy my copy I couldn't make it out without buying 10 AC/DC products

The release fuck up wasn't malicious IMO, Just a bad job along with Axl not showing his face and a band (apart from Axl) nobody really cares about..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's critical that at least one other member of the appetite lineup rejoin the band. it's critical that a reasonable amount of press access be granted and TV appearances scheduled. it's critical to shift the public perception of axl. then and only then is a hit even possible.

Right because of all the epic bands you have managed. :rolleyes:

I think there were such songs on 'CD', but it all boils down to promotion. You could have the best song ever written, but if no one ever hears it, what good is it? "Better", "Street of Dreams", "If the World", "Shackler's Revenge" and "Catcher in the Rye" would all have been bonified hits if they'd been released and properly promoted.

I think there were such songs on 'CD', but it all boils down to promotion. You could have the best song ever written, but if no one ever hears it, what good is it? "Better", "Street of Dreams", "If the World", "Shackler's Revenge" and "Catcher in the Rye" would all have been bonified hits if they'd been released and properly promoted.

Madagascar and Prostitute as well.

it's critical that at least one other member of the appetite lineup rejoin the band. it's critical that a reasonable amount of press access be granted and TV appearances scheduled. it's critical to shift the public perception of axl. then and only then is a hit even possible.

I have to agree with you - in terms of having a "hit."

Just because of the reaction to the recent DJ interview. I was reading comments about his interview ( i don't even know what site it was on) and the common posts were just soooo anti-Axl for keeping the name, for lack of music, for "ruining" the old band, etc.

If Duff just joined the band - that would help those idiot fans partially get over the negativity they have towards Axl. Axl could release the best album of the decade tomorrow, and the guys on that other music site would BASH it like crazy, Even if they hadn't actually heard any of the songs. It is ridiculous, but what can you do.

Adding Slash isn't an option right now obviously. But putting Duff back in the mix for the next album.....that would go a long way to "help" people give the band a chance.

Yea ide take Duff back in the mix but would just think if Izzy was brought back on board.

The Indiana boys reunite. Izzy songs played in a GNR context is where its at!

This would be the best option,we know Izzy can write and RF could continue with TL. No harm done.

I have to agree with you - in terms of having a "hit."

Just because of the reaction to the recent DJ interview. I was reading comments about his interview ( i don't even know what site it was on) and the common posts were just soooo anti-Axl for keeping the name, for lack of music, for "ruining" the old band, etc.

If Duff just joined the band - that would help those idiot fans partially get over the negativity they have towards Axl. Axl could release the best album of the decade tomorrow, and the guys on that other music site would BASH it like crazy, Even if they hadn't actually heard any of the songs. It is ridiculous, but what can you do.

Adding Slash isn't an option right now obviously. But putting Duff back in the mix for the next album.....that would go a long way to "help" people give the band a chance.

yeah i'm not saying axl cares about having a hit or that anybody else should care either. but if we're being honest about what it would take to have one, i really can't explain it any better than what i already wrote. that other dude is just a goof.

Sure a goof who has been to many gigs and followed the band since the late 80s.A fan does not sabotage and attempt to steal from the band at every opportunity,propigated lies to further his own agenda of attention whore-ism.No,that isn't a fan,its an unhealthy parasite attatched to GNR.If I never heard the name again in connection with GNR it would be wonderful.

As far as a mainstream hit,sure it would be advantageous but not at the cost of compromising principals.Starting to disregard your convictions and doing things that go against everything you believe in is the first step of selling out.

Guest siliconmessiah

Sure a goof who has been to many gigs and followed the band since the late 80s.A fan does not sabotage and attempt to steal from the band at every opportunity,propigated lies to further his own agenda of attention whore-ism.No,that isn't a fan,its an unhealthy parasite attatched to GNR.If I never heard the name again in connection with GNR it would be wonderful.

As far as a mainstream hit,sure it would be advantageous but not at the cost of compromising principals.Starting to disregard your convictions and doing things that go against everything you believe in is the first step of selling out.

I have no idea who you are or what your agenda here on this forum is since you joined here four months ago.

But you take everything about gnr so personally that it´s fucking wierd.

I think its cool that alot of the fans back in the say 88 to 93 who were around 15 to 20 odd probably all have kids now they can take to the gigs.

They probably drag them kicking and screaming. My uncle gave up on his 15 year old who prefers to see Justin Bieber over Crue. This is a guy who traveled to L.A. to be in a band and jammed with other musicians but never made it. He did hung out with some of the guys from Tesla though. Okay he did take her to concerts until she was 10 years old, but once they hit 10 they develop their own "identity" and listen to whatever music that is considered "cool" by the other fucking teen bopping brats and the fucking record company.

He loved Sebastian Bach the suicide girls

At least you know he's not gay.

He also loved the two topless big breasted California blonds that Sebastian pulled up from the crowd onto the stage. Much to his disappointment I had to burst his dream (he was 13 and we live in a small town in Alaska) and told him that most women don't look like that.

It was a great show. Izzy didn't show when he was supposed to....and instead of blowing up, Axl laughed it off and said something about Izzy must have stole his car. Something also caught on fire on stage, drawing more laughs from Axl. Izzy finally showed up and jammed with the new band. It was a great night.

And some people don't like Bach. But his songs go over well live.

He loved Sebastian Bach the suicide girls

At least you know he's not gay.

He also loved the two topless big breasted California blonds that Sebastian pulled up from the crowd onto the stage. Much to his disappointment I had to burst his dream (he was 13 and we live in a small town in Alaska) and told him that most women don't look like that.

It was a great show. Izzy didn't show when he was supposed to....and instead of blowing up, Axl laughed it off and said something about Izzy must have stole his car. Something also caught on fire on stage, drawing more laughs from Axl. Izzy finally showed up and jammed with the new band. It was a great night.

And some people don't like Bach. But his songs go over well live.

Sounds like a great show! I can't imagine women like that up in Alaska...most of them are in England. That's great Axl was in a good mood. Hope mom never found out.

I think its cool that alot of the fans back in the say 88 to 93 who were around 15 to 20 odd probably all have kids now they can take to the gigs.

Nope,no kids but I bring friends and we still have a blast.Funny thing is when you are twenty,forty seems fucking ancient.Matter of perspective I suppose.