Axl and Kid Rock no longer friends...

HowlinWolf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some people call that "selling out"

..not saying kid did... just funny how when one artist contiously trys to reinvent himself to say fresh, relevant and to make a little dough, we respect him (kid) and when another does (slash) we call him a sell out and a poser..

not picking on anyone in particular, just saying...

I am not calling Slash a sell out, I am a fan. But when did he reinvent himself?

IDK....

VR?

Snakepit?

His solo work?

Carole King?

BEP

Doing work for Disney?

etc. etc.

just funny how some in this thread, lauding the kid for staying relevant/changing his style are the same ones who give Slash shit...

I don't know why anyone would hang out with kid rock. He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche. I'm sure he and Slash made a great record. :eyeroll:

You wouldn't have a problem with either of them if Axl didn't.

Oh Mindsaber,you upset Chris 55 :lol:

You prolly screwed up his arts n crafts project,he is hotgluing sequins to a top hat.

I don't know why anyone would hang out with kid rock. He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche. I'm sure he and Slash made a great record. :eyeroll:

You prolly screwed up his arts n crafts project,he is hotgluing sequins to a top hat.

so mindsaber is the pitcher and you're the catcher...

Sure,He has a pitcher of Beer and I'm the catcher in the wry.

Don't be such a twat sunny d.

You upset also broski?

i thought you were leaving?

..not saying kid did... just funny how when one artist contiously trys to reinvent himself to say fresh, relevant and to make a little dough, we respect him (kid) and when another does (slash) we call him a sell out and a poser..

i'm all for musical developement.

this is however considered "selling out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVjD05flnlU

i like much of the music he has made though. far more good songs than bad.

don't know why axl couldn't still be friends with kid rock. he seems to be good friends with marc canter

Edited by CheapJon

i'm all for musical developement.

this is however considered "selling out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVjD05flnlU

i like much of the music he has made though. far more good songs than bad.

don't know why axl couldn't still be friends with kid rock. he seems to be good friends with marc canter

dude, Kid Rock did Wrestlemania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but, meh I wasn't trying to bad mouth The Kid or anything, and I think you understood my point. No need to have a pissing contest on which artist did the most projects that some might consider cringe worthy,the level of cringe, or what the hell is selling out.

Just pointing out the double standard by some on this board.

Edited by SunnyDRE

I sorry but why does it matter if Slash does American Idol or Volkswagen commercials? If you still like his music then like it. Otherwise you care more about image than substance. in this case the image of "selling out". His music didn't sell out. He stills plays blues based rock. I think Slash is a lot of things but musically he has stayed very close to what made him a big name.

What in the hell does Slash's "sell-out" status (or lack thereof) have to do with this thread? Arguing about that here makes no sense except to prove the people right who say that some people will turn anything on this board into a slam-fest.

The original quote sounds to me like he hasn't talked to Axl and he's just assuming that Axl won't be friends with anyone who works with Slash. BFD

I agree with the Kid Rock supporters. I'm a big fan and have seen him live 4-5 times. He puts on a helluva show and never just goes through the motions. To have the kind of success he's had in genres that are so different speaks volumes to me about his overall talent. Not to mention his overseas USO tours or his stance against iTunes because of them killing the album concept. I'm a sucker for raw, less than perfect vocals like Duff, Mike Ness, Kid Rock, and so on----

Uh...yeah...that's a mature response there.

My point was that your and most that bash Slash etc only do so because Axl has a problem with them. If tomorrow Axl came out and said that he didn't like duff or Izzy, you'd be jumping all over them too

He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche

Alot of things can be said about Kid Rock, but saying he has "no talent" is not one of them.

He plays He plays the guitar, keyboards/piano, turntables, and drums at every show, and is above average at all of them.

He has managed to succeed in so many different genres and continually reinvent himself.

It is fine not to like his music, but he is a heck of a musician in that he can actually play everything on stage, sing, and perform. To try and say that somehow that equates to being talentless is completely clueless.

Whoa whoa whoa. He's below average at all of those things! I kid you not, when i first saw him on tv, I thought it was a joke. I really did. Now, i admit that he has accomplished a lot and made the most of his celebritydom, but as far as actual musical skills... sorry man, he's just another performer who's being puppeted by producers and handlers.

And another thing, while you might be offended, don't fucking intentionally misinterpret what I say and pretend I meant it literally. THAT is clueless. When I said "no-talent," I didn't mean "he literally has no talent." It's a figure of speech. Look it up.

Bullshit. I've always disliked kid rock, his music, and what he represents as far as music. He's partially responsible for why rock n roll is in the shitter. Sorry, that's just how I feel. Feel free to flame, rant, or disagree.

As far as Slash, I've always found his "laid back california bro" attitude annoying. I remember he was on Bill Maher once, and I just remember thinking "this guy doesn't have enough brain cells to be on the show." He was mumbling, inarticulate, and his points were waaaay less profound than he fancied them to be. I like what Slash did in GnR. I like how he contrasted Axl. I like his playing. But nowadays, I think he's so caught up with his mortality, that he's doing everything in his power to remind people "hey look at me i'm slash! i'm everywhere! and i'm mister cool." It's annoying.

Oh he's one of several of my obsessors. I think he secretly loves me.

I am not calling Slash a sell out, I am a fan. But when did he reinvent himself?

IDK....

VR?

Snakepit?

His solo work?

Carole King?

BEP

Doing work for Disney?

etc. etc.

just funny how some in this thread, lauding the kid for staying relevant/changing his style are the same ones who give Slash shit...

That's not reinventing, that's doing different projects.

I sorry but why does it matter if Slash does American Idol or Volkswagen commercials? If you still like his music then like it. Otherwise you care more about image than substance. in this case the image of "selling out". His music didn't sell out. He stills plays blues based rock. I think Slash is a lot of things but musically he has stayed very close to what made him a big name.

Exactly, his playing never changed, you know wat you are getting. I like it, he stayed closed to what made him big.

By the way: This tread is a little stupid, who cares if Axl is friends with Kid Rock or not :shrugs:

Edited by MBRose

He's a media whoring no-talent redneck douche

Alot of things can be said about Kid Rock, but saying he has "no talent" is not one of them.

He plays He plays the guitar, keyboards/piano, turntables, and drums at every show, and is above average at all of them.

He has managed to succeed in so many different genres and continually reinvent himself.

It is fine not to like his music, but he is a heck of a musician in that he can actually play everything on stage, sing, and perform. To try and say that somehow that equates to being talentless is completely clueless.

Whoa whoa whoa. He's below average at all of those things! I kid you not, when i first saw him on tv, I thought it was a joke. I really did. Now, i admit that he has accomplished a lot and made the most of his celebritydom, but as far as actual musical skills... sorry man, he's just another performer who's being puppeted by producers and handlers.

And another thing, while you might be offended, don't fucking intentionally misinterpret what I say and pretend I meant it literally. THAT is clueless. When I said "no-talent," I didn't mean "he literally has no talent." It's a figure of speech. Look it up.

Bullshit. I've always disliked kid rock, his music, and what he represents as far as music. He's partially responsible for why rock n roll is in the shitter. Sorry, that's just how I feel. Feel free to flame, rant, or disagree.

As far as Slash, I've always found his "laid back california bro" attitude annoying. I remember he was on Bill Maher once, and I just remember thinking "this guy doesn't have enough brain cells to be on the show." He was mumbling, inarticulate, and his points were waaaay less profound than he fancied them to be. I like what Slash did in GnR. I like how he contrasted Axl. I like his playing. But nowadays, I think he's so caught up with his mortality, that he's doing everything in his power to remind people "hey look at me i'm slash! i'm everywhere! and i'm mister cool." It's annoying.

Oh he's one of several of my obsessors. I think he secretly loves me.

Undoubtedly,and really could care less about what kid rock says in an interview.

Slash's "sell-out"

eh?

Slash is Slash :thumbsup:

Slash plays guitar and makes Slash guitar sounds :thumbsup:

That's all he has ever done. Whatever song he plays on lifts it up a notch or three :thumbsup:

..when did sell-out ever come into it :shrugs:

/all this talk has n place in thread..

Slash's "sell-out"

eh?

Slash plays guitar and makes Slash guitar sounds :thumbsup:

That's all he has ever done. Whatever song he plays on lifts it up a notch or three :thumbsup:

This is a thread about what kid rock allegedly said about Axl in some interview.

Slash's "sell-out"

eh?

No discussion going on about that.

But when was that mentioned? Ask Sunny, he did that!!!!

Undoubtedly,and really could care less about what kid rock says in an interview.

everybody cares whenever anyone says anything about Axl

True. And also about Duff, Slash, Matt, Steven, Izzy, Ron, DJ, Fortus, etc... One way or another, other people's opinion, specially when contrary to the person's own, do influence your mood. But I'm pretty surprised this thread is actually having all of this percurssion.