Axl and Kid Rock no longer friends...

HowlinWolf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the slash fan boys refuse to admit Slash has ever did anything wrong and they praise and worship everything he does....then trying to discuss the selling out issue is silly. Slash could perform a duet on As the World Turns with Schreech from saved by the bell singing, and they proclaim slash was just showing his love for television."and he just wants to play music."

It would be hilarious if Axl did a duet with somebody like Pink. The SFB's would have 485 posts about what a sellout Axl was. The funny part would he if Slash then performed with Pink a few months later. Their responses in this form would be "Axl just did it as a cash grab and to try and stay popular. Slash did it because he just loves to play music." The double standard and hypocrisy of the SFBs is hilarious. Their hero worship prevents them from looking at any music related issue objectively.

On point.....interesting to know what rock stars kid rock hangs out with. But not enough to have an argument with anybody over it.

I kid....i have no problem wish ashba, but he kind of makes the Slash sellout point hard to argue for a nugnr hardcore fanboy.Eh?

Selling out is just one of Saul's skeletons in the big closet.

Really? What other "items" in his closet are there? I honestly don't get why you hate the dude so much

Pug you make a good point.

DJ hasn't written anything that will stand the test of time. Nobody will be jamming to his prior work 20 years from now. But that doesn't mean he doesn't potentially have some magic in him. Maybe he and Axl can create some magical music together. We shall have to wait and see.

Slash has some guitar work that will remain forever in rock history. But like you said - when he was teamed up with Izzy. Since GnR slash hasn't produced anything that memorable either. Fall to Pieces will never be on a top 100 rock songs of all time list.

So in the past decade, Dj and Slash have had pretty similar careers. I'm going to wait and are what DJ can create with Axl before I write him off.

And SFBs please spare me any talk about life changing solos on VR songs. You always compare Axl's career up against appetite type success....so hold Slash to the same standard. Did VR sell 20 million copies? Do they have songs always listed in hard rock or rock all time lists? Will we here a VR song played in movies or before kickoffs in the NFL? No.

Slashs latest record has baddass riffs.

Heard by the sword?

If u dont think thats a great riff, well ......Imo you must b extremely biased ( for some reason)

That record is full of great riffs and songs.

Disagreeing with your opinion doesn't make anybody biased. I think CD is the 3rd greatest album Gn'R put out but i don't think anybody that disagrees with that is biased.

Deaf maybe, not biased.

Cano, u think ashbas a better guitarist than slash?

Hard to say but fact is he can play Chinese Democracy songs :shrugs:

I don't see Saul having the ability to play anything off that album.

Heard by the sword?

If u dont think thats a great riff, well ......Imo you must b extremely biased ( for some reason)

By The Sword is a generic piece of moneky crap.

Whoah!! The Slash album was kinda dull but By The Sword's so cool!

Heard by the sword?

Like I said, biased. Here lies a perfect example. I believe you even stated that Traci Guns was better than Slash. I know you dont like Slash, and thats fine. But some of your statements seem a bit extreme. That record is a straight forward rock record. But alot of people like rock n roll. You dont like appetite or UYI? Its the same guy in a tophat whose guitars are ALL OVER those records. No offense, just trying to understand your thought process.

I'm sure Axl's definition of friendship is different from Kid Rock's.

I think Axl would be more annoyed by Kid Rock namedropping his name in an interview than a guest appearance on someone's CD.

Kid Rock moved out of SoCal years ago, so it's not like he's going to run into him.

Heard by the sword?

Like I said, biased. Here lies a perfect example. I believe you even stated that Traci Guns was better than Slash. I know you dont like Slash, and thats fine. But some of your statements seem a bit extreme. That record is a straight forward rock record. But alot of people like rock n roll. You dont like appetite or UYI? Its the same guy in a tophat whose guitars are ALL OVER those records. No offense, just trying to understand your thought process.

The Slash record wasn't shit, in no way, but it was kinda uninspired compaired to his work with Snakepit and VR's Contraband (and GnR, of course). It's still a good album, not for Slash's usual quality tho. However, I agree sometimes Volcano expresses his hatred towards Slash in a way a bit too extreme.

Heard by the sword?

Slash played on UYI and AFD. He is not Slash anymore.....Not sure what happened.

He's just not the Slash you want him to be. "But he sold out and his music sucks today!" Bah, regardless of what you think, it's still an indeniable fact that he is Slash.

It's the same with how a lot of people think that Axl used to be awesome, but are now like "why did he change to an asshole and started creating crap music?"