Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N’Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour!

Naupis

This was posted originally courtesy of Funky Monkey at HTGTH.

Thin Lizzy new boy Richard Fortus is hoping that his Guns N’Roses duties are over in time for him to join up with Lizzy for their January tour **UPDATE – VIDEO INTERVIEW**

August 8, 2011

Richard Fortus admits he is desperate to retain his place in Thin Lizzy when the band embark on their UK tour in the new year and he expects to have wrapped up a handful of Guns N’ Roses dates in South American in plenty time to do both.

The GNR guitarist was drafted into the new Lizzy line-up last year when Vivien Campbell went back to Def Leppard and Fortus says he is having a blast playing with the band.

Chatting to Rock Radio DJ Tom Russell backstage at High Voltage Fortus joked he will be back if invited, with the band when they kick start their tour in the Glasgow Barrowlands in January after being wowed by stories of the famous Scottish venue by Lizzy singer Ricky Warwick.

“I certainly hope so,” said Fortus. “We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I’ll be free and clear by January.”

Warwick also admitted his delight at the current version of Lizzy being embraced by fans of the classic band. He said:

“It’s maybe not for me to say why that is but maybe the spirit is just right with this line-up and I think we approach it with the right heart and soul. Maybe growing up in Ireland helps me a bit as well – I don’t know.

“We certainly put on one hell of a show and I think the Lizzy fans know it won’t ever be as good as it was with Phil (Lynott) but this is as good as it’s going to get. If they think that the job is done.”

Video: http://www.rockaaa.com/news/waiting-for-an-alibi-7268

Do Richard's comments give anyone else the impression that this is just a few up coming shows for GNR and not the start of something bigger?

If this tour was to be the starting point for something there is no way he would be thinking twice about getting back to Lizzy.

Do Richard's comments give anyone else the impression that this is just a few up coming shows for GNR and not the start of something bigger?

Do they ever really have a solid plan in place before starting a tour?

I always somehow thought this is going to be a bunch of random gigs and then a long silence. Hope I'm wrong!

I agree with your assessment.

However, for whatever reason I have noticed on the board that the RIR gig seems to have many people reading alot into it and its importance more so than the normal pre-tour discussions about what if any plan exists.

“I certainly hope so,” said Fortus. “We (GNR) are doing some shows in October but hopefully I’ll be free and clear by January.”

That leaves November & December to tour the states and release the next album. Plenty of time. Right, Axl? ;)

How many times has Axl having a small window of time to do something worked out for us? This situation reeks of the "There are X amount of Tuesdays left in 2006." bullshit.

I think by now it's obvious there won't be another album, and at this point a U.S. tour in 2011 is slipping into the 'miracle' territory.

Oh noes, it feels like we're three weeks ago again !

Nah. Fortus loves Guns and like now, it's his main priority so Thin Lizzy will have to do with yet another guitarist for now.

And since Guns is his priority, I'm quite sure he will stay as long as Gn'R will be on the road.

I know, I was just saying that this exact same article was posted by Manets three weeks ago.

EDIT : yeah, there was no video at the time. Weird that they reposted it today.

Edited by The Glow Inc.

Can someone tell me what the interviever says around 01:50 in the video?

"How'd you enjoy playing (?)"

How'd you enjoy playing the Black Rose solo?

Thanks a lot! The only thing i could make it sound like was "How'd you enjoy playing White Whistle".

A Lizzy song I had never heard of. :lol: