HOLY FUCK!

troccoli

Just a little update here. I actually won tickets for the 1st Metallica show, so at this point I would consider the trade for one ticket to the other three nights (preferred) or one ticket to 2 of the remaining 3 nights. On another note, a lot of people are asking me things like: How much? Or: PM me a price. Understand this: I haven't even decided if I am going to go that route yet. Now for another question for all of you: If I go the auction route, would you prefer an "open" auction like how eBay does it, or a "silent" auction where there would be a deadline for you to hand in offers to me. With the silent auction, no one else would be able to see your bid. Let me know.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all in favor for an eBay auction. Unfortunately I won't be walking away with the item as my pockets aren't as deep as some other people here, but I definitely think an auction would benefit you the most.

EDIT: I'd also like to thank you for answering my question to the best of your abilities. I hate it when people leave me hanging LOL, but it seems as though there really isn't much to read on about these CD's...all I know is that I want one!

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

eBay would be the most fair.

Instead of buying them all and having all this commotion about these, you should have PMed the link to a few members you're close with, or posted it on the site and had first-come-first-serve. Just my opinion :shrugs:

That's kind of how I feel. I think buying them all from Ebay like he did and jacking the price up is no better than somebody who's NOT a collector doing that, especially because someone was nice enough to PM him about the auction. But again, if I knew they were all legit, I probably would've bought more than one. I certainly would've told one friend about it, but I think I would've bought me at least two.

I'm curious about that grenade cover found in Germany as well.

I would have bought two. One to open and one to keep sealed.

I would have then PMed someone close on the board to me that I think would have been interested in them.

Oh well, though. I'm not going to go on some crazy auction and bid more than what I know should have been paid for one. Good look, everyone who does.

Holy hell, nice find!

I like the idea of a raffle/lottery thing. Much in the same way people are discouraged from selling bootlegs, maybe the same principle could be said here, though as this is official band product, you couldn't be blamed for wanting to sell. The way I see it, we're all fans, and a random raffle where the winner pays the cost you spent, and maybe a little extra more, wold be the fairest way, and not leave people out because of the depth of their pockets.

im gonna have to side with troccolli here , if i had the chance to buy a few rare items and make some money on them then i would so i could add to my collection as troccollis gonna do , anyone who can honestly say they wouldnt have done the same are liars !! troccolli got lucky with these items and good for him !

im gonna have to side with troccolli here , if i had the chance to buy a few rare items and make some money on them then i would so i could add to my collection as troccollis gonna do , anyone who can honestly say they wouldnt have done the same are liars !! troccolli got lucky with these items and good for him !

Yeah I'm the same, if I was Troccoli I would have bought the lot as well.

It's like if you saw someone selling say 8 new Harley Davidsons for only $1,000 each. If you had the cash would you only buy one? FUCK NO, you would buy the whole lot straight away, I would even ask if I get a discount for buying all 8 together ;)

Edited by williambailey01

I messaged the seller via eBay again and here's my question and their reply:

Hey there. Not sure if you remember me, I bought 6 of these from you. Is there any way you could tell me more information about them? How you got them? Did you get them through Bestbuy? Amoeba records? Direct from the record company and/or band/band members? I am a big GNR collector and am always interested in the history of the items I collect. Thanks!

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818

Hey there. Not sure if you remember me, I bought 6 of these from you. Is there any way you could tell me more information about them? How you got them? Did you get them through Bestbuy? Amoeba records? Direct from the record company and/or band/band members? I am a big GNR collector and am always interested in the history of the items I collect. Thanks!

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818

Haha that's classic!

Sounds to me like the dude knows he shouldn't be selling them or they "acquired" them from somewhere they shouldnt' have.

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818

Haha that's classic!

Sounds to me like the dude knows he shouldn't be selling them or they "acquired" them from somewhere they shouldnt' have.

He probably had 20 people ask him since the links been up awhile :lol:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818

Haha that's classic!

Actually I didn't think of that, good point. His ebay account is probably full of emails about them.

• 1 month later...

Dear zombie456,

Sorry to much info.

- gevsgarage818

Haha that's classic!

Actually I didn't think of that, good point. His ebay account is probably full of emails about them.

what about a contest with all the collectors interested, and the way to win the cd for the price you paid, or a bit more, was to prove wich one was the best collector to deserve it. this way it would fallin the hands of someone who wouldn,t ever get rid of it.

what about a contest with all the collectors interested, and the way to win the cd for the price you paid, or a bit more, was to prove wich one was the best collector to deserve it. this way it would fallin the hands of someone who wouldn,t ever get rid of it.

That's highly subjective, and things like what you mention are subject to change.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Listed on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190583818347

Decided to sell instead of do a lottery thing in order to cover the costs of seeing Metallica at the Fillmore in December in San Fran. Damn those tickets are gonna be expensive. Please understand. Thanks!

I love the auction's title LOL

You should have no problems selling it.