Why Did Axl Fight So Hard For The GNR Name...

Nick85

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all of you who think axl is this messiah who could do no wrong, BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!

CD WAS PURE SHIT. that is my opinion and the opinion of MANY! You can buy that audio abortion for 1.99 at best buy NOW!!

axl won't tour the US because heu knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT TOURING. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT RELEASING NEW MUSIC. he knows that we now have 14 songs of proof that he WAS NOT the sole creative genius behind GNR's grandeur!!!

Is that you Saul? You mad boy?

No I think it is Bill trying to convince us it is Saul!

You do realise calling Axl by his former name is pointless right? HE LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME....SAUL DID NOT.

Slash said only the closest of close of family calls him his legal name. And even then most call him Slash. So either you are Slash's brother or you are doing it to get a reaction from people here (aka trolling)

and he told you that when? if its so important to him why doesn't he change his name legally like Axl did? He can have a one word name,its not illegal in the states,but it may be awkward for his son to be named "Cash Slash" :lol:

Saul has released dated formulated music since he quit GNR,very dull and subpar.

if that were true he'd be playing coffee houses, or worse yet, producing/managing younger bands...:xmassrudolph:

Playing with Fergie,making Disney soundtracks,appearing on everthing from Ellen,to prostituting himself in any way possible is far worse than appearing in a coffehouse.

Face it,Saul's best work was in GNR. His career choices since Guns have not appealed to me.

Axl was always recognized as the leader of GNRs,and always will be.

to all of you who think axl is this messiah who could do no wrong, BUY YOURSELF A CLUE!!!

CD WAS PURE SHIT. that is my opinion and the opinion of MANY! You can buy that audio abortion for 1.99 at best buy NOW!!

axl won't tour the US because heu knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT TOURING. THAT'S WHY HE'S NOT RELEASING NEW MUSIC. he knows that we now have 14 songs of proof that he WAS NOT the sole creative genius behind GNR's grandeur!!!

Is that you Saul? You mad boy?

No I think it is Bill trying to convince us it is Saul!

You do realise calling Axl by his former name is pointless right? HE LEGALLY CHANGED HIS NAME....SAUL DID NOT.

Slash said only the closest of close of family calls him his legal name. And even then most call him Slash. So either you are Slash's brother or you are doing it to get a reaction from people here (aka trolling)

and he told you that when? if its so important to him why doesn't he change his name legally like Axl did? He can have a one word name,its not illegal in the states,but it may be awkward for his son to be named "Cash Slash" :lol:

It was in an interview, and he doesn't need to legally change it because it is accepted already by people that he is Slash, a few idiots on a gnr fan forum being the exception

Edited by WhazUp

It's funny, during the 8 years Axl was with the old lineup, when it was a democracy, Guns N' Roses put out 5 studio albums from 87-93. But in the 14 years (from '97 on) that Axl's been completely in charge of GNR, he's only been able to put out 1, with little to no signs of another on the horizon.

From that perspective, it really looks like the "last man standing" gig hasn't gone too well for him. :shrugs:

money.

I guess that's some of that "superior" conversational brilliance you were referring to on that other gnr messageboard. Of course, looking through your posts, it would seem that one word snarky responses is about all you're really capable of. As the kids say: lol.

an essay was not needed.

Why Did Axl Fight So Hard For The GNR Name?

To prevent shit or average material like Slash's last album to be credited under the name Guns N' Roses.

some people fell the same about CD in terms of legacy..

Saul has released dated formulated music since he quit GNR,very dull and subpar.

if that were true he'd be playing coffee houses, or worse yet, producing/managing younger bands...:xmassrudolph:

Playing with Fergie,making Disney soundtracks,appearing on everthing from Ellen,to prostituting himself in any way possible is far worse than appearing in a coffehouse.

Umm, just cause you don't respect Fergie doesn't mean others do not. You've never watched a Disney movies? Ellen is just another talk show. No different than being on Letterman, Lopez, etc; Many here have wanted Axl to appear on one those shows. On HGH there was thread about him appearing on Oprah..

And the prostituting comment is just stupid. You work for free?

Face it,Saul's best work was in GNR.

Axl's best work was with Saul.

If that were true, this thread and ones similar would never exist.

Face it,Saul's best work was in GNR. His career choices since Guns have not appealed to me.

Saul does this things because he likes to do different things. He does not have blinders on like Billy Boy! Just because you do not like it does not make it bad. Besides whats this have to do with the original post. Or was that just your game yesterday afternoon?

Edited by sleeper

axl won't tour the US because he knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

:violin:

To prevent shit or average material like Slash's last album to be credited under the name Guns N' Roses.

True we only got 1 true album since UYI I&II but it's only Very High Quality albums. Very few other bands if not any got this level of quality on each of their albums. Axl is a perfectionist, that's why he kept the name. Period.

Too bad the perfectionist didn't have to balls to release it under a different band name. Oh I forgot, Mr Rose is insecure :D

As for the Slash solo material, it rocks!

..it rocks more than the over-produced-robo-sounding-over-layered-poorly-sung-inplaces-china-democracy which failed on every level to do the name Guns N'Roses, which Mr Rose held onto, any justice. They couldn't even be bothered to record a music video, because the album dosn't contain a hit single.

Too bad Axl doesn't have a sparkly sequined hat to wear,and doesn't sell his soul to the media.why should Axl use another name when he clearly brought it in with him?

Saul has released dated formulated music since he quit GNR,very dull and subpar.Poorly sang? Are you tone deaf or just that predjudiced?

No are you tone deef or just predjudiced? CD was very subpar and it took 17 years to get it. Maybe if Billy Boy would have worn a sparkly hat it would have sounded like it had more life in it. Better yet maybe he should start wearing his bike shorts again.

Edited by sleeper

True we only got 1 true album since UYI I&II but it's only Very High Quality albums. Very few other bands if not any got this level of quality on each of their albums. Axl is a perfectionist, that's why he kept the name. Period.

Too bad the perfectionist didn't have to balls to release it under a different band name. Oh I forgot, Mr Rose is insecure :D

..it rocks more than the over-produced-robo-sounding-over-layered-poorly-sung-inplaces-china-democracy which failed on every level to do the name Guns N'Roses, which Mr Rose held onto, any justice. They couldn't even be bothered to record a music video, because the album dosn't contain a hit single.

Too bad Axl doesn't have a sparkly sequined hat to wear,and doesn't sell his soul to the media.why should Axl use another name when he clearly brought it in with him?

Saul has released dated formulated music since he quit GNR,very dull and subpar.Poorly sang? Are you tone deaf or just that predjudiced?

No are you tone deef or just predjudiced? CD was very subpar and it took 17 years to get it. Maybe if Billy Boy would have worn a sparkly hat it would have sounded like it had more life in it. Better yet maybe he should start wearing his bike shorts again.

It's funny you mention that because the only way I would accept a reunion would be with sparkly Saul and biker shorts Billy.

It's funny you mention that because the only way I would accept a reunion would be with sparkly Saul and biker shorts Billy.

:thumbsup: It would make for a better show.

loser? how about YOU learn to speak coherently before going around labeling others!! what do you speak? it sounds like F'N MORON!!

you all can cover your eyes to the reality all you like! it WON'T change the fact that axl rose has wasted the past 15 F'N YEARS by being a jaded ass! ONE SHITTY ALBUM IN 15 YEARS!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!! please excuse me for not burying my head in the sand and pretending that ALL IS WELL!! more material that sounds like chinese democracy SHOULD be kept buried unless YOU truly desire to see the name SHIT ON even more!!

oh wow!!! another chinese democracy tour with a group of people who aren't slash, duff, and izzy!!! excuse me for not wacking off in excitement!!!

axl rose needs to read this truth since his HANGER-ONS don't have the balls to tell him!!

Are you literally screaming while you type? Because that's how I picture you. :lol:

loser? how about YOU learn to speak coherently before going around labeling others!! what do you speak? it sounds like F'N MORON!!

you all can cover your eyes to the reality all you like! it WON'T change the fact that axl rose has wasted the past 15 F'N YEARS by being a jaded ass! ONE SHITTY ALBUM IN 15 YEARS!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!! please excuse me for not burying my head in the sand and pretending that ALL IS WELL!! more material that sounds like chinese democracy SHOULD be kept buried unless YOU truly desire to see the name SHIT ON even more!!

oh wow!!! another chinese democracy tour with a group of people who aren't slash, duff, and izzy!!! excuse me for not wacking off in excitement!!!

axl rose needs to read this truth since his HANGER-ONS don't have the balls to tell him!!

Are you literally screaming while you type? Because that's how I picture you. :lol:

I also see him screaming, but in a high womanlike falsetto. I hear it from my girlfriend all the time.

I think he had his own vision for the future of Guns N' Roses and put everything in to place to make sure he achieved his vision, mainly, acquiring sole ownership of the Guns N' Roses name. He wanted the next album to be as (if not more) relevant and huge as UYI and AFD, and for whatever reason he felt like he couldn't trust the decision making of the manager and other members vs his own, I don't think anybody could dispute that since before the band started dissolving that Axl had some kind of agenda. I think its fairly obvious he felt like he needed to be in total control of Guns N' Roses.

Blows my mind how much people downplay the breakup, like Axl was just innocently playing his role as the lead singer while for reasons totally unrelated to him the other members left one by one. Never mind the detail about how he made them sign the rights over to him, pfff, thats just normal rockstar stuff that happens in rock bands ya know.

Edited by sweetness

I also see him screaming, but in a high womanlike falsetto. I hear it from my girlfriend all the time.

Yeah, I could never let myself get that upset over a band. I'm a GNR fan past and present and I think it's seriously odd when either side of the fence gets this whacky and worked up.

The whole point of this thread was that I just wish Axl would put out new music. I don't care whether Bucket, Robin, DJ, or Ron plays on the tracks, as longs as we get some cool music with Axl on vocals.

It's unreal how some people dote on the original lineup(s), but paint Axl as this antichrist who must be destroyed. I mean, aren't they fans of his even if he's not playing with Slash anymore and vice versa? Is that impossible for them to do? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Yeah, I could never let myself get that upset over a band. I'm a GNR fan past and present and I think it's seriously odd when either side of the fence gets this whacky and worked up.

The whole point of this thread was that I just wish Axl would put out new music. I don't care whether Bucket, Robin, DJ, or Ron plays on the tracks, as longs as we get some cool music with Axl on vocals.

It's unreal how some people dote on the original lineup(s), but paint Axl as this antichrist who must be destroyed. I mean, aren't they fans of his even if he's not playing with Slash anymore and vice versa? Is that impossible for them to do? I just can't wrap my mind around it.

+1 here man, I rag on Slash once in awhile to piss off the SFB's but I really don't have anything but the Superbowl against him. I was never a V.R. fan, but that was because of Weiland. I would really like to get more music out of Axl though, and I don't care who's on the instruments when, or if, it gets here.

I don't know how hard Axl had to fight for the name. The others didn't put up much of a fight to keep it. From what I've read they didn't believe Axl would continue GN'R by himself & that if he did they didn't think the fans would buy into Axl & a bunch of hired guns. Axl is headlining the Rock in Rio under GN'R a decade & a half after the real band died so I reckon Slash & co have been proven wrong. If they could go back in time they would never of sold the rights so Axl could perform by himself & whoever as GN'R.

Axl was interviewed by Rolling stone in 1999 & his answer to why he kept the name was:-

"It is something I lived by before these guys were in it. And there were other people in GN'R before them, you know. I contemplated letting go of that, but it doesn't feel right in any way. I am not the person who chose to kill it & walk away! It is the old story that you are told when you are a kid. Don't buy a car with your friends. Nobody could get the wheel. Everybody had the wheel. And when you have a bunch of guys, I'm telling you, you are driving the car off the cliff."

I think the reason Axl wanted control was to stop Guns from crashing & burning and I believe he wanted Slash, Duff & Izzy to come along for the ride. Unfortunately this was the catalyst to the biggest band in the world falling apart so I think Axl in trying to save Guns N' Roses, he actually destroyed it!

I've seen the present day band & they put on one awesome show. I think Chinese Democracy is a great album but for me it's not GN'R. I don't think Axl kept the name as a smart business move but it turned out that way!

Edited by Fogy Malone

+1 here man, I rag on Slash once in awhile to piss off the SFB's but I really don't have anything but the Superbowl against him. I was never a V.R. fan, but that was because of Weiland. I would really like to get more music out of Axl though, and I don't care who's on the instruments when, or if, it gets here.

Exactly. We can get frustrated with Axl based on the lack of material and fan interaction, but at the end of the day we're still huge fans of his and would probably buy tickets and the next album at the drop of a dime. I certainly would. But resorting to insults, calling him washed up, fat, etc. because he won't reunite with the original lineup is borderline psychotic.

Yeah, the Superbowl was an ebarrassment as a GNR fan, totally agree and I cringed like everyone else. But I'm also talking the people constantly seize every opportunity to diss Slash like they have something to proove by degrading the man.

Neither Axl or Slash deserve that.

axl won't tour the US because he knows that the majority of us realize that he is now just a cash grabbing fat old man who WILL NEVER be able to come even close to touching the magic that was created by the original lineup!!

:fuckyou: Chinese Democracy is shit TO YOU, I became a fan of this fucking band because of that album. It's my favorite album of all time by any band! You have the right to hate it, whatever, I don't understand how people still cry over spilled milk 15 years after the milk was spilled, but you can do that somewhere else. Of course it's ridiculous that they put out one fucking album in 15 years, but if you don't like it, MOVE ON. Plus, why would the US be the only one to "realize" that the tour is "a cash grab"?! Cash Grab?! Let me tell you what a cash grab would be: A fucking reunion between people that can't stand themselves would! Promoting, doing interviews, making video clips, recording with fucking pop icons and selling stuff on TV would be a cash grab! They don't tour the US 'cause it's fucking lost in it's ridiculous pop icon stardom, hip-hop and teen rock, that's why! It's not only GnR that prefer touring outside the US, it's the Big Four, who toured entire europe and asia before they did a single concert in the US, and Motörhead, that has more tour dates in Brazil than in the US. The american public is hardly into rock n' roll, and those who are, grew up seeing AFD/UYI formation and aren't interested. Plus, the same way he wasn't the genius behind GnR, so wasn't the rest, just look at their releases and you tell me if that comes close to GnR. Not happy with how the current situation is? SO AM I. What can we do? NOTHING. Learn to live with it. Stop with the "I'm mad and you're happy and that makes me even more mad" childish attitude.